So Cheers is back to a flat $49.50 per day?

Rh2458

Do the ships enter international waters when leaving LA and the next day's port is Catalina? My bud and I are taking a 4 day and are toying with the idea of buying the cheers program and wanted to see if we'll save on the taxes.

They don't charge you tax on the Cheers package....only the local tax on the drinks served while you are in port.

CHEERS! Beverage Package

Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added at the time the package is purchased.

All sailings $49.50 per person/per day

What a disappointment. :-(

I purchased Cheers on my 8 day Liberty cruise last month (September 13 sailing) at the 37.50 price. We had three sea days and I certainly thought I'd come out ahead buying Cheers. The most I drank in one day was 7 drinks and that was only one day. No way did I come anywhere near fifteen drinks, nor did I want to. Quite honestly, by about the fourth or fifth day of the cruise, I didn't even feel like drinking that much anymore, but I did because I felt like I had to at least break even. I was able to try drinks that I wouldn't have otherwise tried. I'm glad I tried the Cheers program when it was the lower price, but I don't think I'd do it again.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

That's the old suck in (which I may have stated in this thread, so I AIA).

Sounds like a great deal, especially on day 1. By day three, the "thrill" has worn off except to those that cruise knockered the whole week, few of which I have ever met. Even taking liquor on board, it was the first day that I indulged, and then it just wore off, and I'd bring back 2 bottles of half filled liquor.

Reminds me of those fantastic deals you used to hear about at the gym. And those that started and stopped within a couple of weeks, but has a committed contract.

Hmmmm over 100 post on this. Not too obvious to some. And no matter what the price might be, if it were not successful they'd drop the program all together. Like I said, this program will continue to be a winner for Carnival.

When they can get either $265.95, or $349.65, for the same amount of alcohol you get out of a $20 bottle, the higher price is just greed. There's been no liquor price increase on the market.

Just like the price increase of Bon Voyage liquor. The whole program used to be a secret, till social media "exposed" it. Then suddenly, the prices doubled. That too was pure greed. And even after those prices double, they were increased again, after being told there was no increase.

Meanwhile, they have to make that 50% from the Ebola scare back somewhere. I guess we found it.

Edited by Orison

When they can get either $265.95, or $349.65, for the same amount of alcohol you get out of a $20 bottle, the higher price is just greed. There's been no liquor price increase on the market.

Just like the price increase of Bon Voyage liquor. The whole program used to be a secret, till social media "exposed" it. Then suddenly, the prices doubled. That too was pure greed. And even after those prices double, they were increased again, after being told there was no increase.

Meanwhile, they have to make that 50% from the Ebola scare back somewhere. I guess we found it.

I don't believe the two are connected at all.

I don't believe the two are connected at all.

Unless there's insurance, in my company, lost revenue is made up somehow. Many emergency meetings to brainstorm. And many poo for brain ideas were sometimes tossed out.

Truth is, none of us know, so speculation or negating speculation are fare game. We will probably never know. But if sales plummet, they will certainly be meeting again.

Edited by Orison

quite possibly. reference all the 'free cruises' they've been giving away for the past several months / almost a year.

they get you on the ship, and then expect to take your money. unfortunately, their seeming random manner of selecting who gets such offers probably backfires more often than they'd like - in other words, providing free cruises to the people who intend to spend NO money onboard.

I don't think it is all so random. I am sure that these 'free' or low cost cruises are based on a spending pattern or some other basis.

i just got off both the Glory and Conquest and what I can say, the abuse was maybe part of the decision to raise it back up. Like all things, a few ruin it for the rest. In the Alchemy Bar, people would order two drinks, leave to have a smoke in the adjacent smoking bar, then come back and order two additional, leave and come back and order again, etc. No way they were drinking that many drinks and still be able to walk. They could order drinks in that lounge, but then someone would be watching. Ordering drinks and giving them to NON-cheers participants etc. Also,Another very simple reason, is that Carnival is now getting into their high season. Its all about profit for Carnival. At $ 37.50, it didn't work. At $ 42.50, it maybe was a break even, at $ 47.50, a profit.

i just got off both the Glory and Conquest and what I can say, the abuse was maybe part of the decision to raise it back up. Like all things, a few ruin it for the rest. In the Alchemy Bar, people would order two drinks, leave to have a smoke in the adjacent smoking bar, then come back and order two additional, leave and come back and order again, etc. No way they were drinking that many drinks and still be able to walk. They could order drinks in that lounge, but then someone would be watching. Ordering drinks and giving them to NON-cheers participants etc. Also,Another very simple reason, is that Carnival is now getting into their high season. Its all about profit for Carnival. At $ 37.50, it didn't work. At $ 42.50, it maybe was a break even, at $ 47.50, a profit.

You can take a spouse or family member's card to order an extra drink. You can only order one drink every 15 minutes on the plan, even true for soft drinks.

Ok I have a question I looked at the drink prices and if you drink any combination of 4 to 5 specialty drinks or shots you have used the cheers program for everyday so I think it is gonna be a very wise choice for my upcoming cruise . I am not a big drinker and I know I can drink at least 5 drinks and for my DW she can also . It will help us avoid a huge bill at end of cruise..win win