disembarking

TheCalicoCat

Without getting to the "Will TheCalicoCat please report to the ___ desk." stage of being late, how late can you stay on the ship?

(Our flight is the next morning so I don't need to be in a long line or in a crowd finding my luggage if I don't have to.)

Without getting to the "Will TheCalicoCat please report to the ___ desk." stage of being late, how late can you stay on the ship?

(Our flight is the next morning so I don't need to be in a long line or in a crowd finding my luggage if I don't have to.)

Last disembarkation time (which you can request) is usually between 9:30 and 10:00 AM.

And believe me, if it was up to most at least (99.9%) wouldn't get off at all !!! ) Well, I know that's a BIT unrealistic, but I would venture a goodly part of the ship's passengers would gladly stay on for another 'go'. I know most have other places they HAVE to go, but for me, I can't think of any place better than a cruise balcony. Course, I'm just speaking for myself, you understand ?:)

Mac

And believe me, if it was up to most at least (99.9%) wouldn't get off at all !!! ) Well, I know that's a BIT unrealistic, but I would venture a goodly part of the ship's passengers would gladly stay on for another 'go'. I know most have other places they HAVE to go, but for me, I can't think of any place better than a cruise balcony. Course, I'm just speaking for myself, you understand ?:)

Mac

In 20-something cruises I've only had one that I was happy to see come to an end. It wasn't on HAL! :)

If you want to stay to hear it, there will be a "final call" announced as such, but there will be no names attached to it.

Then, when there are still a few stragglers, there will be at least two more "final call" announcements. The last time I was pushed through after the 3rd final call, they said they were about to start calling names.

So, if you care to wait as long as possible, but don't want your name announced, figure closer to 10:00 AM, or a few minutes later.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Maybe "final call" will be our plan.:cool:

OR.. Till you feel a gentle hand on each arm and smiling face with a gentle voice saying, ' You really MUST leave'. That, to me, would be 'last call'. :)

Mac

Definitely wait for the "final call" if you don't like standing in lines. We left the NA Sunday in Port Everglades with the last group (9:45) and still had to wait in customs line almost an hour.

Engaging the services of a Porter to help you with luggage will shorten your wait for Customs/Immigration significantly.

Engaging the services of a Porter to help you with luggage will shorten your wait for Customs/Immigration significantly.

Can't say for sure, since we didn't use their services, but folks with porters were waiting in the same line with the rest of us Sunday.

We departed the Oosterdam in Tampa at the last call, and there were still long lines for immigration and customs. However, there were 4 of us and a lot of luggage, so we flagged down a porter. He came with his hand-truck, piled on our luggage and told us "follow me". He took us to a very short line labeled as "Porters Only". There were about 3 families in front of us and we got through in minutes. It makes perfect sense. No porter wants to pickup your piles of luggage and then wait in line with you for an hour or more to clear immigration. He wouldn't make any money. So, the ports have a system in place to expedite small groups who choose to use a porter, so they can get you and your luggage out to your ground transportation as fast as possible, and the porter can come back in for the next group. We tipped him $20 for our 8 large pieces of luggage. I would assume that Ft. Lauderdale has a similar system. Definitely worth $5 for each of us to not wait in a hour-plus long line.

Using the Mobile Pass app can help cut down that wait time.

Maybe it will work some days at some locations, but not last Sunday at Port Everglades. No help at all.

Sorry to hear that. A month ago, there was a special line for those of us using the app and it went very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely liking the idea of the piles of bags getting weeded out before we get there. Late disembarking would also allow our son a little more time to sleep in on a Sunday morning (as much as his kids will allow anyway) before picking us up since it will be Fathers Day.