NCL Epic in Barcelona

gogispu

Hi I know that this has probably been addressed before but where in the port does the Epic dock? Is it feasible to walk from the statue of Columbus to the ship? Thanks

The port entrance is right at the statue of Columbus, but there is a bit of a walk from the ship.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

If your ship is docket at the closest terminal, it is probably a quarter of a mile walk.

When we were in Barcelona last month the Epic was docked at Terminal B. Yes you can walk from the Columbus statue to the terminal, we saw a few people doing it, but I agree with one of the other posters, the walk over the bridge may be an issue. It's quite an uphill climb and I wouldn't want to do it dragging luggage.

From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

Every time I've crossed the bridge over to the port, there are a few people wheeling their luggage along as they walk it. And each time, I think to myself... "I'm so glad I didn't choose to do that." The ships line up end to end along a very long linear pier that extends the walk even further if your ship is lined up behind others. I'm not sure the EPIC is always at the same docking location or not. But even first in the line, it is quite a walk and includes up and over the bridge.

It is not just the distance but it is not a very pleasant walk over the bridge.

You can take the port shuttle bus from Columbus monument to the ship for €2 per person one way (€3 return)

This is what I would do. Depending on your berth it can be s long walk, the pier is very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely take the port bus. It's very convenient and regular. The only downside (if you're into that sort of thing) is the missing of some great cruise ship photo opportunities. Here are some useful photos -

Photo of the sign (at the waterfront side of the Columbus statue) showing the way to the port bus stop

dXCAWL.jpg

Port bus stop 100m from Columbus statue

wEySV0.jpg

Rubbish photo taken from bus (this is where walking would have been better!)

ClIeO2.jpg

Epic looking good ;)

KK2EiG.jpg