Novotel or Premier Inn West Quay?

phabric

We will be coming direct from LHR by National Express.

We plan on staying 2 nights in Southampton. On our full day, we plan on going to Winchester by train.

I have stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay before and enjoyed my stayed.

How is the Novotel compared to Premier Inn West Quay - room (need twin beds) and breakfast? Novotel is a little more expensive.

The Novotel would be closer to the National Express and train stations.

When we stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay our "twin room" was a UK queen sized bed and a sofa-type single bed. Breakfast was good.

I have stayed a couple of times in the Premier Inn West Quay twin (queen and sofa bed). I was happy with my stays with Premier Inn while visiting Southampton, London, Dover.

I was wondering if the Novotel hotel was the same quality (room and breakfast) as the Premier Inn since the Novotel is closer to the train and Coach stations.

I have stayed a couple of times in the Premier Inn West Quay twin (queen and sofa bed). I was happy with my stays with Premier Inn while visiting Southampton, London, Dover.

I was wondering if the Novotel hotel was the same quality (room and breakfast) as the Premier Inn since the Novotel is closer to the train and Coach stations.

Novotel is a class above the Premier inn it will have a full hotel reception and full hotel facilities.

West Quay Premier Inn is unusual in having a restaurant and bar. Most PI's do not.

I would use both so difficult to make a choice. May be better to go to the one nearest the bus and rail stations if you are going to carry luggage. If you intend to use a taxi, there is not much difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not sure if this will make a difference but I booked premier inn west quay a couple days ago for 50 usd for our September cruise. It's a non refundable rate but at that price even if something happens I can live with the loss. Booked on their website. $50 was the total cc charges on my Amex and included taxes and fees.

Not sure if this will make a difference but I booked premier inn west quay a couple days ago for 50 usd for our September cruise.

Was it USD or GBP ?

Either way that is a good deal

Not sure if this will make a difference but I booked premier inn west quay a couple days ago for 50 usd for our September cruise. It's a non refundable rate but at that price even if something happens I can live with the loss. Booked on their website. $50 was the total cc charges on my Amex and included taxes and fees.

That's a very good price! I just checked Premier Inn. The price is higher on my dates but it's still way cheaper than Novotel and Holiday Inn. The only problem is we have a teenager who's just over 15 and will be treated as adult. Does it mean I'll have to book 2 rooms? It's such a waste and they don't even give me the option to pay for an extra "adult"! :(The room can actually accommodate 3 people ( 1 double bed and 1 sofa bed).

That's a very good price! I just checked Premier Inn. The price is higher on my dates but it's still way cheaper than Novotel and Holiday Inn. The only problem is we have a teenager who's just over 15 and will be treated as adult. Does it mean I'll have to book 2 rooms? It's such a waste and they don't even give me the option to pay for an extra "adult"! :(The room can actually accommodate 3 people ( 1 double bed and 1 sofa bed).

I would suggest you contact the Premier Inn.

The terms and conditions have this:

"5 Occupancy

The maximum room occupancy is two adults. Family rooms (where available) can accommodate two adults and two children (under the age of 16). You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you.

Children under 16 are not permitted to stay in a Premier Inn hotel unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel." (my emphasis)

And the location's landing page indicates that there may be family rooms at this location.