StanandJim - I'm curious...

DaisyUK

How come you know so much about Oceania? You have been so helpful in answering questions in the relatively short time I have been involved in these boards and you have such an incredible photo and knowledge bank...

I've told this tale before but it is a pleasant one so it bears repeating...

In April of 2004, we sailed Barcelona to Istanbul on the Regatta, with Stans' parents who were then in their late seventies.

His mom had a health issue on the ship and to make a long story short the staff (both hotel and medical) were so lovely to her that we were all very impressed.

The cherry on the cake was that when she arrived home, she discovered a "get well" flower arrangement from Oceania Cruises on her doorstep!

Now, I had been on Cruise Critic before that voyage trying to get our various

tours organized, but when I heard about those flowers I suddenly felt the need to return to the Boards to discuss this wonderful (and rare) customer service with the World.

Perhaps because ours was a happy story, other Oceania Cruisers started to write to me -and to send me pictures. This was the start of my Oceania photo collection.

We continued cruising with Oceania, and friendships developed, both on the ships and Online. We continued posting, even between voyages.

Then, when the Marina was built, we were invited. along with Mr. & Mrs. Hondorner, to Genoa to tour the ship in the shipyard and see her floated out of the drydock (the equivalent of a launching ceremony).

Naturally, all of the Oceania Executives were there, including Mr. Del Rio, but what we didn't realize then is that they ALL read these Boards daily!

Because of our Cruise Critic notoriety, they were as anxious to meet us as we were to meet them, and knowing "the powers that be" has given us a great resource for asking for information "from the horses mouth", if need be.

All this morphed into the four of us attending the formal Christening ceremonies of both the Marina (in Miami) and the Riviera (in Barcelona).

We were further honored to have signed the Riviera's Keel in Genoa when her steel was cut. This nice looking gentleman (Hi Bob!) was just ahead of Stan and I - you can clearly see Mr. & Mrs. Hondorners' signatures just above his! And yes, Virginia, Cruise Ship Keels ARE purple!

6a0120a92e343a970b0134832a839c970c-320wi

That is our story, and we're sticking with it!

I should add, those adventures led to what is proving to be a life-long friendship with the fabulous Jim and Stan. With a 20 year age difference, we think of them as our "kids", and couldn't be more proud to know them.

I'm briefly hijacking this thread to make a comment to Gerry ... we're on Marina right now and yesterday I ordered the "Berner Rosti" at breakfast.

What came to my plate was NOTHING like the Rosti I've enjoyed throughout Switzerland! I was SO disappointed ...

Mura

(No one need answer this one ... it wasn't my intent to turn the thread upside down.)