At ports of call child disembarking or re-embarking ship with grandparents

PurpleShamrock317

We're sailing on CC this fall, parents, daughter 10yo, and grandparents.

Grandparents want to take our daughter on some family friendly excursions, while hubby and I do some more adventurous stuff.

Will they be allowed to disembark or re-embark the ship without us?

We always travel with passports and all related documents so we're planning on bringing a notarized letter giving them permission as well, as recommended by the Sate Department.

But just wanted to check here, and hear others thoughts or experiences. Thanks!:)

We just sailed HOTS and while in St Thomas we had no trouble or questions asked when we took our grandson (3 yrs old) off to go into town....rest of the family was on a snorkeling excursion.

The letter is when you first embark or disembark and that is for traveling without the parents. As long as the parents have their cruise card they should have no problem at ports at all. I have traveled with the grand-kids many times and never been asked at a single port. Maybe the information is embedded in their cruise card who they are traveling with. Go on your excursions without a thought in your head, everything will be fine.

I agree about just having Sea Passes. The only exception I know of was Disney. We had to fill out a form saying who could get off/on the ship with DD other than me. They were adamant that I fill it out if my parents might be taking DD off/on the ship without me.