AIBP and In Room Drinking

Onlyhappyonholidays

One thing holding me back from purchasing the AIBP is understanding how I can utilise it somehow in our cabin. Chances are I will be feeling lazy at least some of the time and just wish to have a drink on the balcony.

Reading past threads, it seems you can bring drinks back to your cabin without any issues but would it be seen as bucking the system if I maybe pour a glass of wine (or two!) from a bar into a go mug and take it back to the cabin? Probably will want to cut down on trips to the bar! ;)

Also, if I buy a bottle of wine in the MDR can I bring it back with me to the cabin if I don't finish it or do they only stow the wine for your next visit to the MDR or speciality restaurant?

If it is too hard to manage the AIBP with in-cabin imbibing, I will maybe just rely on the 2 free bottles of wine you can carry on board!

You can bring on as much additional wine on board that you wish. Just need to pay a $15 corkage when you board. The bottles will be marked and those bottles can be consumed any where on board with no additional charge. You can also bring unopened bottles of wine purchased at a 40% discount with the AIBP back to your cabin for consumption.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As you noticed, room service is not included in the AIBP. You have to physically walk to the bar to pick up the drink and carry it back to your cabin.:( Personally, I've never had any problem walking that far to get a drink.:) I usually have to go pick up one for DW also.

Reading past threads, it seems you can bring drinks back to your cabin without any issues but would it be seen as bucking the system if I maybe pour a glass of wine (or two!) from a bar into a go mug and take it back to the cabin? Probably will want to cut down on trips to the bar! ;)

Yes you can but they might easily suspect that others may share with your package. Better to just bring the glass of wine itself to your cabin.

We will both have the AIBP on our next two cruises as we booked under the Sip and Sail promo. I intend to get some splits of champagne that aren't opened so I can have Mimosa's on my balcony in the morning. A little room service OJ and we will be all set. I don't really anticipate any problems and we won't be breaking any rules. If it should, for some bizarre reason, turn out to be an issue I'm sure we will survive and still manage to have a great cruise.

On our last two cruises we waited till about 12:40 to arrive at the board - being elite it only took about ten minutes to board and be in our room.

Also on our March 2017 cruise we had packed 8 bottles of wine expecting to pay the corkage - surprise it went thru the xray and we were not sent to the naughty table????

On our last two cruises we waited till about 12:40 to arrive at the board - being elite it only took about ten minutes to board and be in our room.

Also on our March 2017 cruise we had packed 8 bottles of wine expecting to pay the corkage - surprise it went thru the xray and we were not sent to the naughty table????

YMMV. Expect to be required to pay the corkage fee for the extra bottles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hear you. It's the fifth and sixth drinks I have trouble with ... :evilsmile:

That's why I usually drink them sitting at a bar - so I don't have to walk.

The only problem was that DW and I were walking past Crooners and the bartender greeted me by name. I think DW figured out where I had been spending most of my time.:(

We will both have the AIBP on our next two cruises as we booked under the Sip and Sail promo. I intend to get some splits of champagne that aren't opened so I can have Mimosa's on my balcony in the morning. A little room service OJ and we will be all set. I don't really anticipate any problems and we won't be breaking any rules. If it should, for some bizarre reason, turn out to be an issue I'm sure we will survive and still manage to have a great cruise.

I have done this on my last two Caribbean cruises. No issues whatsoever!

thanks everyone for your help!

Like someone said, I don't mind walking for the first drink, its the subsequent drinks thereafter that I was thinking about! :D

Still leaning towards the AIBP as I expect we will be out and about on the ship more often than not. Can't wait!

My understanding is that drinks have to be opened or in a glass but YMMV and I must admit I have never tried for an unopened bottle from a bar. I don't drink alcohol till at least lunch time and mostly not until before dinner so have not asked.

What about Ocean Medallion cruises? One of the main features is you can order drinks (or whatever) from almost anywhere on the ship to be delivered almost anywhere on the ship immediately, or in future - what they've trademarked 'Here and Now, There and Then'.

Are staterooms excluded from 'Here' and 'There'?

What about Ocean Medallion cruises? One of the main features is you can order drinks (or whatever) from almost anywhere on the ship to be delivered almost anywhere on the ship immediately, or in future - what they've trademarked 'Here and Now, There and Then'.

Simple answer: YES

You cannot order a drink to be delivered to your cabin under the Sip and Sail. That would be considered Room Service which is specifically excluded.

Simple answer: YES

Yes... it was a rhetorical question... but I forgot to append the 'Winkie' Smilie. Obviously staterooms are considered neither 'Here' nor 'There'. :p

Maybe that is one of the reasons the AIBP isn't initially being offered on Ocean Medallion cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe that is one of the reasons the AIBP isn't initially being offered on Ocean Medallion cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was put back in place for Medallion cruises. It came back earlier today but then disappeared when Princess discovered they had messed up and it was available for 2 day cruises. Since that has never been the policy they took the AIBP back down again to fix the issue but it should be back in place tomorrow.

Yes... it was a rhetorical question... but I forgot to append the 'Winkie' Smilie. Obviously staterooms are considered neither 'Here' nor 'There'. :p

This is not a rhetorical question. Princess needs to clarify exactly what delivery options are included under the packages and what options are not. If delivery "Here and Now" and/or "There and Then" are included but not room service, that will lead to some interpretations that Princess needs to clarify in advance.

For example, suppose I plan to go to the theater for a show and order a drink to be delivered "There and Then" at a specific time. Then suppose I get delayed and am still in my cabin at the specified time. Since they know where I am, would they then deliver the drink to me in my cabin? Would they charge me for it as room service - even though I didn't order it as room service?

Or do they only deliver "There and Then" to specific locations? If I am not in one of those locations at the specified time, is the order cancelled?