Windstar Boarding Passes?

Ladyorganicgardener

Dear past Winstar guests,

Can you tell me if Windstar sends you any kind of boarding pass for their sailings? This is my first time sailing on Windstar and I paid off my January 31 Barbados fare over a month ago. I have emailed Windstar with no reply to see if I will receive boarding passes in the mail. We are traveling on our own flying & hotels, not going thru them. Thanks for the info!

Do you know if you selected e-documents or mail? I know I've received my e-docs approximately six weeks or so prior to sailing. We did get the documents by mail one time (it was by accident!), but I can't really remember when we received them. Must have been within the same time frame.

If you are concerned, just call Windstar directly and find out from them when you should be receiving them.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for responding Suzanne. I have to admit that I have been enjoying your informative posts and photos of your past cruises! I don't ever recall requesting e-docs but I've decided that I'm not going to worry about it. I filled out all the forms online and everyone says that boarding is so laid back that Windstar should have my name on a list when I check in. How hard can it be to keep track of 140 passengers, right? This will be my 4th cruise, I've only been on the mega ships before and I'm done with being hearded like cattle. In fact, this small motor/sailing yacht is the only way I could get my husband to cruise again! I'm already looking at a small European river cruise for next year! Again, thanks for responding & happy holidays!:)

LadyOrganicGardener: you are absolutely correct. No mailed docs. Just board the yacht, sip a glass of champagne (free) in the lounge, and fill out the paperwork they will give you. Our socks were knocked off on our first Windstar cruise when we saw no crowds, no lines, and the easy breezy onboard registration process. After Windstar, going on a large ship becomes a pain in the old *&%. Your husband (and you) will LOVE this cruise!

You can still call Windstar at their toll-free number and check on when you should expect them. I have always had excellent service when I've called.

Yes, check-in is very laid back compared to the large cruise lines. I don't really remember showing documents to board the ship; however on our last cruise out of Barbados, the person checking in the bags remembered us from previous cruises. I believe you do need to show documents to enter the port facility itself in Barbados.

I was in a similar situation, my husband absolute refused to go on a large ship anymore and I was also ready for a change. After our first Wind Spirit cruise, he said never again on a large ship.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't get edocs just bring the email confirmation with you. That will work but last year we were surprised with tickets and real luggage tags about 4 or 5 weeks before sailing. Took QM2 to England last summer and they email tags (haha) that have to be printed and wrapped in shipping tape! Windstar is so much better!

On my last Windstar cruise in Caribbean in January,I forgot to bring the documents that had been mailed to e. Nobody even asked for them; no problem.

Ditta - we brought a printout of the document we were emailed, but no one ever looked at them. Also true of the personal data sheets, we completed everything online, we had all green checkmarks on mytrips, and the only thing we needed to do was fill out a health form and they took our pictures when the confiscated the passports. Very easy compared to the past.

Dear past Winstar guests,

Can you tell me if Windstar sends you any kind of boarding pass for their sailings? This is my first time sailing on Windstar and I paid off my January 31 Barbados fare over a month ago. I have emailed Windstar with no reply to see if I will receive boarding passes in the mail. We are traveling on our own flying & hotels, not going thru them. Thanks for the info!

We received our EDocs about 60 days before our departure. I have no idea if they are going to mail us paper docs but we are about 30 days out at this point. Looking forward to a sunny departure on 10 Jan. Regards, from cool Reno!

I just received in today's Mail two boarding passes, a contract carriage terms, a brochure to order a gift, two nice address tags for our luggage all in a nice zippered documents pouch.

Yes. We received the same from our travel agent on Friday. May not need it but it all "feels" official. We're getting closer!

How totally random! Sounds exactly like what we used to get but haven't for quite a while.

Do you use a TA? I found that we don't pay a nickel more and have someone to make sure it all happens. And, in case of a family emergency, someone to pick up the pieces and make sure that the details of dealing with cruise line, airline, etc., are done. We had that happen last March and have a new appreciation of dealing with a professional. Anyhow, nothing from a business as big as this one should be random no matter who made the reservation.

Originally I emailed Windstar asking for a quote and they immediately turned me over to a independent TA in Florida and I'm in Montana which I thought was strange. The TA had all my information that I gave WS on the email link from their website. I paid the TA my deposit and then just went online to WS and paid the balance directly to them. When this voyage went on sale (before my final payment was due) I called WS to give me the lower price and they said I needed to work with the TA who booked it which I did and WS honored the lower pricing. The tickets and WS luggage tags came direct from WS in Seattle. These are nice permanent address tags, not the color coded cabin number bag tags. It's funny how everyone has a different experience, but in the end we shall all have a blast on this trip!

That's a pretty weird thing! We use a AAA TA who is in town and very detailed. At least you got the luggage tags. We received the same ones. If they send more for our next sailing I'll actually have enough for all our bags. Matching luggage tags. WOW! It might take the fun away from the baggage belt when my husband says "is that OURS" since they are every color and variety. Have fun on your trip. We're on the 1/10/15 Surf.

To OP, you said you were cruising out of Barbados, we were on the 11/29 cruise out of Barbados and the port authorities asked to see our boarding documents before the cab could enter the port. They were in my husband's carry on in the trunk, so have them on hand. Windstar only asked to see your passport. We got our boarding documents from our travel agent about a month before electronically.

• 2 months later...