Live on Rhapsody

We boarded Rhapsody today in Venice for a 10 night cruise to the Adriatic. I can't promise to post a full daily blog but will manage what snippets I can.

Tomorrow we are in Koper, Slovenia. We have a full day private tour with other CC posters from our Roll Call, visiting Lake Bled and Ljubljana.

Early night tonight having been up, since 4.00 am.

We are Diamond + and have some lovely fellow cruisers already.

Sorry this is disjointed. Tiredness is winning. :)

We boarded Rhapsody today in Venice for a 10 night cruise to the Adriatic. I can't promise to post a full daily blog but will manage what snippets I can.

Tomorrow we are in Koper, Slovenia. We have a full day private tour with other CC posters from our Roll Call, visiting Lake Bled and Ljubljana.

Looks like a good idea. My parents are also on this cruise. Old couple (85 and 82 years) from Belgium, maybe you see them in the diamond lounge.

They have no internet on the ship so I love to read your blog.

Linda :)

Cinnamon,

I'm on the May 13th Rhapsody cruise. My group got the Select Drink Package with our booking, and we are looking to upgrade to Premium. Can you check the onboard price for Drink packages?! Thanks, and take care of the ship!

Barbara

Thanks Cinnamon

We will be onboard Rhapsody in September. I look forward to following your posts. Hoping to learn more about the ship and ports. It has been 16 years since I was on the Rhapsody and also that long since I have been on RCI so I have lots to catch up on.

ImageUploadedByForums1462336952.932851.jpg.9249abc3e68d06a203311281bbf02b0c.jpg

Koper, through the cabin window. We are in a POV on deck 7.

We also have the Select package with our booking which is enough for us but I will try to check the upgrade price.

You just need to been on deck 10' port side, by the rail. Stunning views. I will try to post one later when I transfer some from camera to iPad.

We've had a wonderful day in Koper, Slovenia. Did a fantastic private tour with CC members to Lake Bled and Ljubljana.

Now in theatre ready for the show. ImageUploadedByForums1462390155.964779.jpg.9c91c61d3f18a13dcad674464a91909d.jpg

So excited for this!! Following and thanks so much for doing this!

I look forward to your posts! I am also on a 10 night Adriatic Sea cruise out of Venice but in September. I think my itinerary is different though because we don't stop in Koper. I too am curious how the drink prices are on-board. I don't have a beverage package included but am not sure it is worth adding one. I don't drink soda and wonder if purchasing alcohol beverages will be the less expensive route. With only 2 real cruise days, I don't think $462 plus 18% seems worthwhile for the Premium Package. Plus I can bring 2 bottles of wine, though that would not last very long. I think 10 night cruises should get a higher allowance than that!

Cinnamon,

I'm on the May 13th Rhapsody cruise. My group got the Select Drink Package with our booking, and we are looking to upgrade to Premium. Can you check the onboard price for Drink packages?! Thanks, and take care of the ship!

Barbara

I asked yesterday about upgrading. There MAY. be special offers on boarding but otherwise it's the difference. I.e. $10 per day plus gratuity.

I look forward to your posts! I am also on a 10 night Adriatic Sea cruise out of Venice but in September. I think my itinerary is different though because we don't stop in Koper. I too am curious how the drink prices are on-board. I don't have a beverage package included but am not sure it is worth adding one. I don't drink soda and wonder if purchasing alcohol beverages will be the less expensive route. With only 2 real cruise days, I don't think $462 plus 18% seems worthwhile for the Premium Package. Plus I can bring 2 bottles of wine, though that would not last very long. I think 10 night cruises should get a higher allowance than that!

I can't answer whether or not it's worth it. There are hundreds of threads on here about the benefits of the drinks packages. It depends how much you drink but for us it would not be worthwhile, we just happened to get the deal when booking. We were ashore all day yesterday and had our first drink after 6.00 pm.

Today we are in Split, Dubrovnik. We are taking a private 4 hour tour of Split and Trogir.

I hope to actually have time to write up this afternoon. So far it's been all go!

How does the ship look Cinnamon?

We were on Splendour last Sept (which looked superb) and docked next to Rhapsody in one of the ports... to be honest Rhapsody looked tired and in need of a repaint, a lot of rust showing.

Yes, there is still rust showing on the hull but inside she's fine and the staff are wonderfully friendly.

However, MTD last night was chaos! We have somehow managed to change to first seating, despite subsequently hearing that there were 100 people on the waiting list. Dinner then at 6.30. Late seating is 9.00 pm!!!

Show tonight.........Beatles Extravaganza.

Had a wonderful private tour today of Trogir and Split.

Cinammon,

Thanks for checking on this. Someone on the Ovation right now posted the flyer of the drink packages & the price for Premium drink package was $64 plus gratuities. So, about $25/day to upgrade! Looking forward to your live review! :)

Barbara

Cinammon,

Thanks for checking on this. Someone on the Ovation right now posted the flyer of the drink packages & the price for Premium drink package was $64 plus gratuities. So, about $25/day to upgrade! Looking forward to your live review! :)

Barbara

You can't go by Ovation prices - there are one-offs on that sailing. My guess is it will be $10+grats - see you on the ship in a week.

Had a wonderful private tour today of Trogir and Split.

I don't know if you saw but in another thread it was mentioned that the Greek port workers will be on strike for the next 4 days which may affect your stop in Athens.

We were on the Rhapsody last week and upgraded our (free) Select package to Premium for $15 per day and 'm glad we did. The wine list has a very limited choice when ordering by the glass. 2 or 3?

We made the most of it. Had some lovely wines with dinner (2 or 3 glasses each) then a Grey Goose and a Remy Martin (or 2 or 3) after dinner. We covered the cost of the upgrade in one round.

I don't know if you saw but in another thread it was mentioned that the Greek port workers will be on strike for the next 4 days which may affect your stop in Athens.

I hadn't heard this. Luckily for us Athens is the only port we've visited before so it wouldn't be a disaster to miss it.

BTW. RCCL are selling the internet packages as fast speed. However in our very central cabin by the centrum on deck 7 has hopeless speeds. Can read back very little and struggle to post much. :(.

Bit quicker just now at 6.00 am!

We were on the Rhapsody last week and upgraded our (free) Select package to Premium for $15 per day and 'm glad we did. The wine list has a very limited choice when ordering by the glass. 2 or 3?

We made the most of it. Had some lovely wines with dinner (2 or 3 glasses each) then a Grey Goose and a Remy Martin (or 2 or 3) after dinner. We covered the cost of the upgrade in one round.

I agree that the wine choice is very limited. 2 whites, a Rose and 2 reds I think. However, we are not big drinkers. I've been following a sugar free diet for a few months and don't mind not having the cocktails. Otherwise I would want the Premium package especially as we could then have bottled water too.

We are just docking in Dubrovnik.

Yesterday in Split we had a wonderful guide. We did a walking tour of the UNESCO world heritage site in Trogir and then around the Roman Palace in Split itself. Stunning but exhausting.

The Beatles Extravaganza were good fun last night. Brought back memories of when I saw them in 1963!