Live on Rhapsody

We boarded Rhapsody today in Venice for a 10 night cruise to the Adriatic. I can't promise to post a full daily blog but will manage what snippets I can.

Tomorrow we are in Koper, Slovenia. We have a full day private tour with other CC posters from our Roll Call, visiting Lake Bled and Ljubljana.

Early night tonight having been up, since 4.00 am.

We are Diamond + and have some lovely fellow cruisers already.

Sorry this is disjointed. Tiredness is winning. :)

. Thanks for the info. We board on May 23 in Venice and are going to the Greek Isles. Any info on Rhapsody would be most welcome and suggestions for Venice.

And please don't forget to do a beer investigation :). We need prices and types available., especially draft. Also if you see pitchers available prices on those would be smashing!! pLease please please pretty pleAse

You'd requested beer info for the April 24 cruise and I told you I'd see what I could learn. I was never at a bar where drafts were available, but I only went to about 3 bars. As for anything considered a microbrew, I only saw Sierra Pale and Sam Adams. Most everywhere, I saw Stella, Peroni, Amstel Light and of course Heineken, Bud and Corona plus one of the cider types. This is by no means a complete list, but I looked hard for anything close to an IPA and only saw the Sierra Pale.

These are the Beers available in the Schooner Bar.

$6

Miller Lite

Coors Lite

Budweiser

Bud Light

Michelson Ultra

Newcastle

Go use Island 312

$5.5

Amstel Light

Corona Extra

Jolson

Heineken

Dos Equis

Stella Artois

Blue Moon

Sam Adams Boston Lager

Tonight we are on a Magical Mystery Tour. Captain Dimas is waiting to hear the result of the Greek government vote and thE reactions of the Unions as to whether we can dock in Athens tomorrow. If not, he has a plan B for another, as yet secret, port.

Where will we wake up?

Tonight we are on a Magical Mystery Tour. Captain Dimas is waiting to hear the result of the Greek government vote and thE reactions of the Unions as to whether we can dock in Athens tomorrow. If not, he has a plan B for another, as yet secret, port.

Where will we wake up?

Captain Dimas is certainly having to earn his salary the last few months!

We are docking in ....................Athens. As planned.

We have a private taxi tour to Cape Sounion booked with other CCers. It was changed from yesterday. It will be interesting to see how the strike has affected things and whether it will affect everyone's tours today.

We are docking in ....................Athens. As planned.

We have a private taxi tour to Cape Sounion booked with other CCers. It was changed from yesterday. It will be interesting to see how the strike has affected things and whether it will affect everyone's tours today.

ImageUploadedByForums1462794707.395064.jpg.e1c0fcedd6e7bd03156b004231547ac0.jpg

What a wonderful day. We had a Mini-bus tour for 12 of us out to Cape Sounion. Calm and beautiful place with lunch by the sea on the return.

Great value at only €25 pp.

Hi Cinnamon, Thank you for your very informative posts.

If you happen to go on a Cabin Crawl, especially in one of the deck 7 aft balconies, can you please post a couple of pictures and some information? We have one booked for next year.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Arzeena, I will be on the May 23rd sailing in aft 7652. Would be glad to post some pics for you.

Had no internet again for many hours yesterday afternoon/ evening. :(.

Now a sea day, heading north towards Montenegro.

Last night was the Top Tier party for Platinum and above, there is no longer a Welcome Back party for Gold C&A members.

The Captain is very amusing. Talking about the Greek strike and whether we would be able to dock in Athens he said that he didn't stay up all night awaiting news. He went to bed and told the officer in charge "If we can't go to Athens, find some island and throw out the hook!"

He also said that after the last few months, he is really looking forward to his holiday.

There are very many nationalities onboard, so here is a breakdown of the top five.

USA ...615

UK....415

Canada...179

Brazil....99

Australia...89

Many of the Brazilians have sailed B2B2B, the TA and two Med cruises.

Thanks for all your updates, info and photos so far! Do you know if the ship offers any yoga classes? Also, I've read many reviews that say the captain and crew are wonderful but I'm wondering if it will be the same employees come September. Do you know when this ship changes over?

Good morning from the Ria which people call a fjord in the approach to Kotor, Montenegro. Unfortunately, captain Dimas has brought us in an hour early so he sun isn't properly risen yet. As a result we are just watching from our window.

ImageUploadedByForums1462940408.120160.jpg.def3dac2841ff53b9d5ed825589831d9.jpg

Not great photo with the reflections. Sail out starts at 4.00 pm so hopefully it will be bright then.

Last night for quite a while there was no internet again. :(. We watched a

good show by the British 'Rat Pack' singer, Gary Williams.

Captain Dimas goes on holiday on Friday and Captain Rob Hempstead takes over.

There was a Pathway to Yoga' class yesterday morning but I'm afraid I don't know the cost.

Edited by cinnamon

Aaagghhh. Just typed a long post and lost it. :(

Kotor is a wonderful old town. We are calling here again next year on Brilliance so just had a walk around this time and lunch ashore.

We caught a tender around 10.00 with no need for tickets as all the ship's excursions had left. There were lots of taxi drivers touting for business, a HOHO bus which included a guided walking tour of the town (after the bus) for €20 or a boat tour for €15. The boat leaves at 12.00 or 14.00 and is a 2 1/2 hour trip.

There are hundreds of cafés and restaurants within and outside the walled town, all of which seemed to have Wifi.

Unfortunately we probably need to start packing a few things. Tomorrow we have a longish private tour in Zadar then disembark on Friday in Venice.

We love Rhapsody and are very sorry that she is not returning to Europe next summer

Edited by cinnamon

Kotor is one of our stops as well and I am REALLY looking forward to it. I hope we come in during daylight. We don't have a tour planned here, just plan to walk around, walk up to the top of the fortress and maybe hire a taxi to go to Perast or somewhere nearby.

Hopefully you get reimbursed for some of your internet package, if you purchased the unlimited. I'm still hopeful voom will be on the ship by September but we'll see.

It is Voom! Supposedly. :(.

They are selling packages which allow streaming of TV! Well, that would be impossible much of the time when lots of people are using the signal.

We were 2 hours late leaving Kotor as 91 passengers were late returning, apparently due to a landslide blocking the road.

As a result we missed seeing a lots of the views during dinner. We will now also be at least 90 minutes late into Zadar which means our booked ( and paid for) private tour will need to be curtailed. Probably won't have time to visit Krka. :(.

Edited by cinnamon

Interesting that Rob Hempstead is returning to the Rhapsody - he had just moved to the Oasis in March

I haven't heard officially that it is Rob Hempstead. Just rumour so it may be wrong.