Live on Rhapsody

Aaagghhh. Just typed a long post and lost it. :(

Kotor is a wonderful old town. We are calling here again next year on Brilliance so just had a walk around this time and lunch ashore.

We caught a tender around 10.00 with no need for tickets as all the ship's excursions had left. There were lots of taxi drivers touting for business, a HOHO bus which included a guided walking tour of the town (after the bus) for €20 or a boat tour for €15. The boat leaves at 12.00 or 14.00 and is a 2 1/2 hour trip.

There are hundreds of cafés and restaurants within and outside the walled town, all of which seemed to have Wifi.

Unfortunately we probably need to start packing a few things. Tomorrow we have a longish private tour in Zadar then disembark on Friday in Venice.

We love Rhapsody and are very sorry that she is not returning to Europe next summer

. Good to hear. We will be boarding on May 23 and have never been on Rhapsody before. I am sorry to hear though that the infamous Captain Dimas will have left the ship.

Sitting at Venice airport having taken the ship's tour to Padua, a beautiful city. Weather pretty nasty now though.

We had a great cruise, visited wonderful ports and met some lovely fellow passengers.

Home last night and so good to return to 'proper' internet, despite Voom onboard. ;)

We had a great time on Rhapsody though on a brilliant one-off itinerary. I'm so sorry that she is not returning to the Med next year.

We have learnt that MTD is not for us and have decided to move to first seating on future cruises too. We always preferred late seating but now realise that as we are older it's better not to eat so late and watching the shows after dinner is a much better fit for us now. It's just a shame to miss light evenings when cruising in late spring-early summer.

Next cruise is Navigator out of Southampton in September. The port is only a one hour drive for us so no airport misery. The hanging around yesterday was very trying.

Any further questions about our ports or private trips?

Voom was very variable. From good to non-existent.

Just found my note about numbers of C&A 'top tier'members. There were over 600 in total.

205 Diamond

68 Diamond Plus

7 Pinnacle

The remainder were Emerald and Platinum. There is no longer an event for the Gold members.

I must say that I'm surprised that there were over 60 D+ as I think we only ever saw around 20 people in the CL at one time and frequently far fewer.

Edited by cinnamon

Did you overnight in Venice on ship?If so when was earliest debarkation allowed?What was luggage and clear customs procedure?

No overnight. We disembarked on Friday at 8.00 after arriving that morning around 6.30. First time was 7.30, latest was 9.15.

The excitement for the day yesterday was seeing 8 pier runners in Mykonos - the betting in the Schooner bar was mostly against them making it - they were about 45 min past the embarkation deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where did the ship dock when you were in Zadar?

It docked in a commercial area some way from the town. RCL charges $12 return for their shuttle. If you wanted to be independent it is a bit of a walk to where there were a few taxis. Our private mini bus was able to get dockside, as do the shuttle buses.

Zadar is a lovely town and another time we would probably pay for the shuttle unless we had a group of four. Sorry, I don't know the taxi costs.

Just found my note about numbers of C&A 'top tier'members. There were over 600 in total.

205 Diamond

68 Diamond Plus

7 Pinnacle

I must say that I'm surprised that there were over 60 D+ as I think we only ever saw around 20 people in the CL at one time and frequently far fewer.

The numbers went down quite a bit on the following cruise:

90 D

40 D+

6? P

No issue getting a seat in the CL - tho the DL was fairly full the few times we visited.

Thanks for that info. There were a lot of B2B and B2B2B cruisers on the first one out of Venice, hence the highish numbers I suspect. Interesting that there are less now that Rhapsody has settled into her regular routes.

Thanks for that info. There were a lot of B2B and B2B2B cruisers on the first one out of Venice, hence the highish numbers I suspect. Interesting that there are less now that Rhapsody has settled into her regular routes.

We spoke with one couple in the CL who had been on board since mid-March and were finally disembarking next week. :eek:

It docked in a commercial area some way from the town. RCL charges $12 return for their shuttle. If you wanted to be independent it is a bit of a walk to where there were a few taxis. Our private mini bus was able to get dockside, as do the shuttle buses.

Zadar is a lovely town and another time we would probably pay for the shuttle unless we had a group of four. Sorry, I don't know the taxi costs.

Thanks for the info. That was very helpful. Here's a map the rental car company sent me as to where the new cruise ship dock is located. Does this look familiar as the location to you?

https://tawk.link/54e8ea50b37d8bc7b14e177c/a/54e8ea4eeb6dddcd296db410/3301fbcb5e7dbe2be3df6f34ddb7705b8d1896d7/cruise.png

I asked yesterday about upgrading. There MAY. be special offers on boarding but otherwise it's the difference. I.e. $10 per day plus gratuity.

Normally no specials on an upgrade!

I never saw or heard of any specials being offered. I think the restaurants were doing fairly well so they didn't need to.

We went to Chops and Giovanni's once each with our Diamond+ BOGO discount. We had intended to go again but once we changed to main seating we were very happy with our waitstaff and mostly very pleased with the food.

I did hear from someone who could only get a very late reservation in Chops. I think it's best to book on the first or second day if you can.

Edited by cinnamon

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]384421[/ATTACH]

Koper, through the cabin window. We are in a POV on deck 7.

We also have the Select package with our booking which is enough for us but I will try to check the upgrade price.

We will be on Rhapsody in April, deck 7, POV room. I think the number is 7082. Looking forward to the views.