Visa info re Indonesia

Welland

Has anyone been to Indonesia recently on the Millennium. We have received multiple answers from Celebrity, Captain's Club and the Indonesian Embassy. Do US residents and Canadian residents require a visa prior to arrival in Indonesia? We've been told yes and no. We've been told the ship will arrange for a visa, ship wide. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

During our sailing on HAL they supplied our visa for Indonesia. The cost of US$ 50,- p.p. was charged on our board account.

I know they still will on their sailings winter 2014.

Edited by Ine

Do US residents and Canadian residents require a visa prior to arrival in Indonesia?

Hi Welland,

I haven't visited Indonesia by a cruiseship. Maybe someday.

but I know for sure US & Canadian citizens/nationalities need visa, which is Visa on Arrival. Cost USD 25 pp for single entry up to 30 days stay.

refer to: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Indonesia

I wonder about what you meant by 'residents' here. Are you also the citizen of the country? = US/Canadian passport holders/nationalities?

The reason I am asking, because there are 12 countries (12 Nationalities) who don't need VOA to visit Indonesia - up to 30 days - single entry. see the list of these countries on the link above.

If someone is the citizen of one of these 12 countries but US/Canadian residents, then he or she doesn't need VOA. free visa.

maybe that's the 'yes and no' things. :D

who knows.

During our sailing on HAL they supplied our visa for Indonesia. The cost of US$ 50,- p.p. was charged on our board account.

Wow. 2 times the price.

I wonder why. hmm... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

What about Australians sailing to Indonesia on a Royal Caribbean ship, does this cruise line arrange the visas on board for Australians.

Has any Australian who has sailed on a Royal Caribbean ship stopping at Indonesia tell me if the line organizes the visas on board.

Thanking you