Brooklyn Cruise Port

janetz

Hertz has an office a few miles from the terminal. When I used them a few years ago to rent a car, they reimbursed my cab fare (up to $10, I think it was) from the terminal. I'm almost certain that they'll reimburse the cab if you're dropping off, too.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I may need a bus from the Atlantic Ave LIRR station to the Brooklyn Cruise Port. Would that be the same bus Underwatr mentioned from the Avis Car Rental Office? If so, what bus number would that be? Thanks so much!

We are planning to drive to the terminal, but in case a hurricane is predicted, we don't want to park at the cruise terminal, so working on Plan B, which is to take the train. I think Atlantic Avenue is the closest I can get to the terminal by train. Thanks for your advice.

Hello,

I may need a bus from the Atlantic Ave LIRR station to the Brooklyn Cruise Port. Would that be the same bus Underwatr mentioned from the Avis Car Rental Office? If so, what bus number would that be? Thanks so much!

We are planning to drive to the terminal, but in case a hurricane is predicted, we don't want to park at the cruise terminal, so working on Plan B, which is to take the train. I think Atlantic Avenue is the closest I can get to the terminal by train. Thanks for your advice.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

I believe the bus that stops closest to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is the B61, but that bus doesn't stop at the LIRR terminal, so you would either have to walk from the train station to the B61 stop or take another bus, B63, from the railroad station and transfer to the B61. In either case you have a walk after you get off the B61.

Personally, I'd consider spending $15 or so on a taxi or car service rather than the walking and bus rides.

Edited by njhorseman

I rely on Google Maps when I don't know anything else about a city. Google Maps suggests the 2-3 or 4 train for 2 or 3 stops to Borough Place then the 61 bus, or the 63 bus changing to the 61 bus at Atlantic Ave & Court St., or the G train 3 stops from Fulton St. to Carroll St and walking from there (they claim it's as fast as other options, you might not walk as fast with cruise luggage...).

I'd avoid the subway with luggage and unless the weather is perfect I'd avoid the long walk altogether, which leaves the two buses or calling a car service. The car would probably arrive with 10 or 15 minutes of your call...

I rely on Google Maps when I don't know anything else about a city. Google Maps suggests the 2-3 or 4 train for 2 or 3 stops to Borough Place then the 61 bus, or the 63 bus changing to the 61 bus at Atlantic Ave & Court St., or the G train 3 stops from Fulton St. to Carroll St and walking from there (they claim it's as fast as other options, you might not walk as fast with cruise luggage...).

I'd avoid the subway with luggage and unless the weather is perfect I'd avoid the long walk altogether, which leaves the two buses or calling a car service. The car would probably arrive with 10 or 15 minutes of your call...

Borough Hall not Boro Place.

Its about a mile walk(1.6 kilometers) from Carroll Street and Smith Street...

This has a discussion of walking as well as pictures of the area near the pier..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43923210#post43923210

Edited by smeyer418