Check a case of water?

vikkster

You can only carry on water, soda and 1 bottle of wine per adult. I use a rolling backpack and saw many rolling suitcases at check-in. The days of slapping a luggage tag on a case of water are over I am afraid.

I just recently came off the miracle and we always carry on water. We got to the first porter and he told us to just put a carnival luggage tag on the water and the soda and they went right to the room.

He was probably looking for a nice tip for helping you out but that is definately not a consistant practice and many will not allow it (ones that are following the rules)

I know that many people are addicted to bottled water, but there really is no need to take water on the ship with you. The ship's water is just as good as (if not better) than most of the bottled water that you'd buy. All you really need is a refillable water bottle or mug. Stop and think about it. The ship's water is used for cooking food, making ice, iced tea, coffee, etc. Also, when you brush your teeth, do you use tap water or your bottled water?

He was probably looking for a nice tip for helping you out but that is definately not a consistant practice and many will not allow it (ones that are following the rules)

Yes, and what did that first porter care? He doesn't have to lug it around and deliver it.

Thanks for the responses. I have never checked water, I always carry it on in a rolling suitcase, with my wine. My friend wanted to check it.

I understand the water is fine to drink, but believe it or not water does have a flavor.

Some ports may be easier to attempt this than others.

FYI - Don't attempt this in Tampa. Passengers to the side of us tried to put a case of water in their luggage. The porter stopped them and reminded them of the carry-on procedure. The poor guy carried that entire case of water through the entire line and onto the ship.

So just a heads up for anyone sailing out of Tampa.

The crew's job of getting thousands of suitcases to their respective cabins is hard enough. Don't make it more difficult by giving them 30 lb case of water to add to the weight they schlep around... If you can't possible drink the purified water available from the ship's taps then you should be the one to carry it on board. Get a small wheeled luggage cart and strap the water to it.

If flying to the port, pack the cart and then go out and buy water before going to the port.

We drink a lot of water also. I know it's expensive but no way we were lugging water around. I ordered a case of 24 from the Carnival.com site to be delivered to our room. It was there when we got into our cabin. Was well worth the extra money.

As others have mentioned, the porter that graciously accepts your water and the tip presented works for the Port, and doesn't give a fig if Carnival ultimately refuses to deliver the water to your cabin. There's absolutely no guarantee that it won't be confiscated or destroyed when moved to the ship. I've seen cases delivered several times, but I'm sure there's been more than a few that never made it.

We drink a lot of water also. I know it's expensive but no way we were lugging water around. I ordered a case of 24 from the Carnival.com site to be delivered to our room. It was there when we got into our cabin. Was well worth the extra money.

That is what we do too, order from the Fun Shops & it will be in your cabin sometime after you get into the cabin. Wish Princess would have water to order before the cruise to be in the cabin but does not. One less thing to have to handle.

As someone who has cruised out of Long Beach too many times to count I srongly recommend your friend carry on her water.

I checked mine in Feb. Didn't know any better at the time and it wasn't an issue.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app