Royal Gym hours

pablo222

Can someone who has been on Royal lately tell me what time the gym opens in the morning?

I have been disappointed on Ruby and Emerald where the gym didn't open

until 7:00, and even then they did not allow the treadmills to be used until

later.

Royal/Regal gyms are above the lido, so I think people can pound away

at will!

Many ships have cabins below the exercise area and treadmills. It's sometimes enforced to show consideration of other guests still sleeping. I guess you know that already but I have personally been disturbed on a few occasions, on other ships, with those early bird exercisers. I learned my lesson and am much better at choosing my cabin. :D

Edited by iceleven

Many ships have cabins below the exercise area and treadmills. It's sometimes enforced to show consideration of other guests still sleeping. I guess you know that already but I have personally been disturbed on a few occasions, on other ships, with those early bird exercisers. I learned my lesson and am much better at choosing my cabin. :D

This was a problem on grand class ships, starting when grand entered

service in 1977.

Apparently Princess was never smart enough to hire some acoustic

engineers who could build them a sound deadening floor under the

gym.

So, passengers on these ships continue to be inconvenienced with

late opening times. And the passengers below continue to be

inconvenienced with noise from above.

Fortunately, regal/royal have a better design.

We were on the Caribbean Princess for two weeks a few weeks ago. Every sea day I worked out. The fitness center opened at 6:00 AM and is on the Sun Deck, many of the treadmills couldn't be used until 8:00 AM. The treadmills that couldn't be used had signs on each one. At first when I got there, about 6:45, some of the treadmills were in use, I thought that people were cheating and had removed the signs. Later I realized that only certain ones were designated closed until 8:00 AM. This doesn't make sense to me because Lido cabins are directly below almost all of the fitness center.

We have recently sailed on both the Royal and Regal too. 6:00 AM there too. No noise problem as the fitness centers are above the Horizon Court.

Edited by kennicott

When we last sailed the Crown, the fitness center opened at 7. On the most recent patters I can find, I see the same time listed. I was surprised by this, as I'm an early riser and wanted to get a work out in before the rest of my cabin woke up. Instead I ran the tiny track up by the mini golf.

Now I see why. Poor design, to have cabins under a gym.

Can someone who has been on Royal lately tell me what time the gym opens in the morning?

I have been disappointed on Ruby and Emerald where the gym didn't open

until 7:00, and even then they did not allow the treadmills to be used until

later.

Royal/Regal gyms are above the lido, so I think people can pound away

at will!

We were on the Royal for 27 days this fall and I went to the gym every morning at 5:00 AM and it was never an issue. It was unlocked. Some of the officers did their own cross fit class for them only and they were always there before me.....