WOW!!! What a difference! Trip Report - Oasis of the Seas 6/6

I think overall it was just a matter of comparing everything to Disney Cruise Line....our cruise last year was our first cruise with Royal. it had nothing to do with the ship itself. I think this year we knew more of what we were getting and our expectations were met and exceeded. I would not hesitate to book another cruise with royal....I think I might actually like Royal more than Disney Cruise Line at this point in time.

. My husband brought a drink to the table and we sat and he let my daughter taste it and they were right on him saying he can't give her that and he said I'm not she's just tasting it. I thought they were going to take it out of her hand. :mad:

Is it possible they thought your daughter wasn't old enough to drink? Watching out for underage drinkers is a big thing on the ships.

Is it possible they thought your daughter wasn't old enough to drink? Watching out for underage drinkers is a big thing on the ships.

Some of the staff don't care as much as they'd have you believe, especially if they believe there is an intention by a party to purchase an expensive bottle of alcohol from them.... Despite what others may think, some staff would rather turn a blind eye to one person in a party being under 21 if it guaranteed a sale of expensive alcohol than risk no sale. And if a person is determined to drink, and they are under 21, they aren't likely to report staff who turn a blind eye either, as it's $$ for the company, and usually $$ for the server and everyone is happy!

I'm not saying I support this viewpoint, I'm simply saying it does happen, as I saw it firsthand on a neighbouring table on one of my sailings....

Edited by rodenboy

Thank you so much for sharing you cruise tips, thoughts, and pictures! We are sailing in November and can't wait!!

Enjoy your up coming cruises! Hope you will be doing a review!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I am planning on writing reviews for my upcoming cruises.

Thank you for posting this review. It has been a while since we have cruised and we are looking forward to Oasis next spring. I wish it weren't so far off!! TFS.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I hope you have fun on the Oasis next spring. The wait till an upcoming cruise is never fun...so I feel your pain in regards to waiting.

All the seats in the Aqua Theater are good. If you sit in the first three rows on the benches you will get wet.

I would disagree with that, some of the chairs are much more comfortable than others and if you are not going to the show alone people will frequently sit in such away that only one seat is available. This is the smallest venue. Get there early even if you have reservations.

Thanks for the review! I leave in 8 days and am really excited!! I am getting a little nervous as I made our reservations for the comedy show on day 4 at 10 pm based on other reviews I thought the love and marriage show was on day 3…I wanted to make both! Now looking under the reservations if I modify them all thats left is day 5 or 6 at midnight.

Dinner that night was at Chop’s. The food we had was great and we ended that meal with a birthday celebration. It was my partner’s birthday a few days before we left on this cruise….and my mom’s birthday is later in the month.

Thanks for your review! Did you order a cake or anything special for the birthday celebration? We are celebrating my DD's birthday onboard Oasis and I am trying to find out if they will deliver a cake to Giovanni's for dinner the night of her birthday.

Just finished reading your great review! A few more questions in addition to the one above!

1. since you have sailed multiple Disney cruises, how do you feel the cabins on Oasis compare to Fantasy or Dream, besides the spilt bathroom?

2. We have a reservation for Izumi, but how do I know if it is hibachi or not?

3. Is there a Starbucks on Oasis?

Thanks again!!

3. Is there a Starbucks on Oasis? ...

Yes, there is a Starbucks on Oasis. Note that the beverages at Starbucks on Oasis are not included in any beverage package. However, if you have a USD denominated Starbucks gift card, you can use it there.

Just finished reading your great review! A few more questions in addition to the one above!

1. since you have sailed multiple Disney cruises, how do you feel the cabins on Oasis compare to Fantasy or Dream, besides the spilt bathroom?

2. We have a reservation for Izumi, but how do I know if it is hibachi or not?

3. Is there a Starbucks on Oasis?

Thanks again!!

Yes. There is both regular seating and hibachi seating. When you get onboard, check with Izumi and let them know you want Hibachi as the seating is limited. We are there in June and had a great time.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Yes, there is a Starbucks on Oasis. Note that the beverages at Starbucks on Oasis are not included in any beverage package. However, if you have a USD denominated Starbucks gift card, you can use it there.

Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks for the great review. We, me, my wife, daughter and son-in-law, will be sailing Oasis for the first time next January. Really looking forward to it.

One question for anyone, we will be in a suite. Do we have to make reservations in advance for shows and resturants ahead of time? Is there reserved seats for suite guests? Can the concierge make them all for us? Thanks!

Thanks for the great review. We, me, my wife, daughter and son-in-law, will be sailing Oasis for the first time next January. Really looking forward to it.

One question for anyone, we will be in a suite. Do we have to make reservations in advance for shows and resturants ahead of time? Is there reserved seats for suite guests? Can the concierge make them all for us? Thanks!

At the very least, I would make reservations for the comedy show. That is a small venue, without dedicated seats for gold card holders.

There is a reserved section for Gold card holders, but not reserved seats. I was just on Oasis in June and did not have to make reservations for shows( except Comedy). Just showed my card.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Thanks Klstaack, great review!

Do you know if Chefs Table was offered? I think there were some reports about Oasis no longer having Chefs Table (and others contradicting that) but I didn't see it mentioned in a recent set of Oasis Compass printouts.

Thanks Klstaack, great review!

Do you know if Chefs Table was offered? I think there were some reports about Oasis no longer having Chefs Table (and others contradicting that) but I didn't see it mentioned in a recent set of Oasis Compass printouts.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I did not notice if chefs table was offered.

There was a Chef's Table on most nights on the June 6 Oasis cruise.

Thank you. Was it listed under dining options?

That is where I think I've seen it before but did not see it on the cruise compass recently posted for the Oasis Western. Perhaps occasionally they do not have it for a week because the chef that runs it is on vacation or something.

• 3 weeks later...