Steakhouse

ccb1969

We will be on the Dream on 4/20/14, I was wondering do most people make their reservations before getting on ship? Or, do you do it as soon as you get on?Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, but I think most people prefer to make their reservations ahead of time. The steakhouse is very popular, and seating is limited, and if you wait until you board the ship, you may not be able to get a table on the night you want.

We will be on the Dream on 4/20/14, I was wondering do most people make their reservations before getting on ship? Or, do you do it as soon as you get on?Thanks

We make our reservations ahead of time.

You can do it either way, I have eaten on many of the ships steakhouses, starting back when they were called going to the Supper Club, very close to 100 dinners there, I have never seen the room full, nor have I had a problem getting a reservation. Enjoy your meal and don't forget to leave a nice tip, as it really is not included as Carnival would like you to believe, cash to your server is the best.

We booked ahead of time. We sail in June. We received a confirmation from the steakhouse manager 3 days after the reservation was made. I'm already hungry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last year, we cruised on the Breeze in April. Didn't make advance reservations, and when we tried them on the cruise, they were booked for the rest of the week:eek::eek::mad:

This year, going back on the Breeze, in July. Already have confirmed dining in the steakhouse:D:D

Good Luck. If you really want to do it, I say, book it now. You can always cancel. Same with Cucina Del Capitano. SOLD OUT for our entire cruise last year.

Book ahead of time just in case. It's easily done via e-mail.

Made the mistake of waiting until we got on the Breeze last year to make a reservation and they were totally booked.

Didn't make the same mistake twice when we went on the Dream this year.

PS: Cucina Del Capitano is free during lunch. BEST time to try it is the first day...no one will be up there since it's kind of hidden. They'll mostly be at the buffet/deli/pizza/Guys Burgers/getting blitzed.

Edited by Strmwatch

I have never had a problem waiting until we were on board to book until we sailed the Breeze. The Steakhouse is small and popular making it difficult to get a booking. I now book ahead of time just to be sure we can get the time we like.

Edited by belkin

We always make reservations before we our cruise. Sometimes the Steakhouse fills up and we want a specific time that may not be available if we didn't make reservations I

In advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do it the day of. This way we aren't locked into anything, and can it on a whim.

We started reserving in advance after we sailed on the Liberty the 1st time without a steakhouse pre-reservation and couldn't get one for the entire week once we got onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You're never "locked in". You can cancel your reservation at any point.

You only get charged if you use the steakhouse.

I don't mean that way. I'm talking about the flow of what I'm doing that day. I may have met new friends that day and decide to eat at the buffet. It's just a choice to me; one I make when the mood hits me.

Usually when we get on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I went in Feb - we booked the same day we decided to go and they had every time frame open. I was surprised since it was the week of V-day so I figured they'd be pretty busy but we went there about an hour before and got a time ( and had plenty to choose from ).

When I went in Feb - we booked the same day we decided to go and they had every time frame open. I was surprised since it was the week of V-day so I figured they'd be pretty busy but we went there about an hour before and got a time ( and had plenty to choose from ).

We've yet to go where no more than 5 other tables are in use.

If we have a special event and want a guaranteed reservation, we book before we get on the ship. If you eat at the steakhouse the evening after embarkation, Carnival usually throws in a bottle of wine.

If we have a special event and want a guaranteed reservation, we book before we get on the ship. If you eat at the steakhouse the evening after embarkation, Carnival usually throws in a bottle of wine.

That's the evening of embarkation.

I made our first reservation for the steakhouse ahead of time. One we ate there we decide to eat there the rest of the cruise so booked them on the ship. The restaurant was pretty empty every time we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyone know the email address to use for the Magic?

Thanks

If you go to Manage my cruise, click on my activities, then plan my activities. Steakhouse will be listed there and you can book your steak house reservation and time there. No need to email. You will receive email confirmation of the reservation.

Edited by SATXLady
Spelling

Yes. On the first night, you'll get a free bottle of wine, either red or white (your choice).