Holland America Intros Dive-In Burgers and Dogs

LauraS

Beef Brisket truly is an American dish. Most Popular in Texas but enjoyed wherever good BBQ can be found. Cooked low and slow over a wood fire it turns one of the toughest pieces of meat into a tender delight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

AHOY SHIPMATES,

DW AND I HAVE BOOKED ON RYNDAM FOR 21 days B2B on Nov 30.

Am looking forward to the new set up for burgers etc on the LIDO.

We live about 15 minutes from port in Jax fl so do a lot of 5 day trips

on the Carnival ship there between our real cruises on HAL.

Since Carnival owns HAL I've always wondered why they don't check

each others operations for ideas on how to improve things.

Nobody is perfect but it is nice to see that they are heading in the right direction.

I hope it's good bye to the precooked cardboard burgers soaked in hot water till ordered. The fries are always great (sweet tater and cheese ).

Now I'm wondering if the new beach towels will get you any drier than the old plain dark blue ones?? I noted that the price has gone UP.

Hi,

How did you like the Ryndam? We are looking at booking this week for March. Have they added the Dive In on the Lido?

Thanks

Hi,

How did you like the Ryndam? We are looking at booking this week for March. Have they added the Dive In on the Lido?

Thanks

AHOY SHIPMATES,

IMHO the smaller ships like Ryndam are preferable to the monsters they are building these days. It's far from new but we've never had any problems.

I called HAL this morning and they DO NOT have anyone there today who could answer my question. HAL is selling the ship next year and are not doing any upgrades on it or the Statendam.

Sorry, I usually have the answers.

Has anyone been able to get a burger without the bun? I still enjoy a good burger although I must avoid the bun.

I wouldn't think they would have a problem, but I will also wait for the answer to your question! I also requested Gluten Free stuff from ships services, but have not received a return email. :o

Edited by AlohaPride

I wouldn't think they would have a problem, but I will also wait for the answer to your question! I also requested Gluten Free stuff from ships services, but have not received a return email. :o

I never used to get one, now I request an acknowledgement via email. I don't know what good that does.

Peace of mind? It would not be fun to have to stay away from ALL bread items on a 2 week cruise ;)

No, it is not fun but it is better than spending time in the stateroom because you don't feel well. Thanks for understanding.

You're right. I have celiac, and bread causes problems for weeks after consumption. I sent an email yesterday when this was brought up. I was surprised to get a response this morning that they had received my forms.

We were on the Zuiderdam in May and ate at Dive-In one day. Overall, we were pleased. We were given a pager, and waited about 10 minutes. It was the peak of lunch time. The meat and sauces were very good. Loved the crispy onion rings on the burger. The fries were great.

Only criticism... the bun was cold, as in just-out-of-the-refrigerator cold. Next time we'll be sure to ask for a warm or toasted bun.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a burger, portobello, and chicken sandwich. The burger was delicious, the portobello was very good, the chicken was so-so. Fries were great. Took no more than 10 minutes at peak lunch time and allowed time for your beverage of choice to arrive. HAL has a winner with this venue.

I know this is a month old, and you probably have had your answer a few times, but heres my input too. Just off Veendam, and used Dive-in many times! having Celiac and need for GF was NO problem! Had a warm GF BUN each time. The main chef there was "fastidious" about GF. Couldn't have the delicious fries, tho:-( Love the Dive-In and burgers, hotdogs and chicken sandwiches! Enjoy

Has anyone been able to get a burger without the bun? I still enjoy a good burger although I must avoid the bun.

They weren't on their menu. Hotdogs, hamburgers/cheeseburgers, chicken and portabello sandwiches and awesome fries. He could ask. Never hurts

out of curiosity,does the grill serve bratwurst?Hub gets them in DCL,and loves them!

Beef brisket must be an 'American' thing, as I've never heard of it! :confused:

I think it is a Texas thing ...love it

They have place in Toronto that sell it but not the same as in Texas :D

Speaking of bratwurst, we live in Milwaukee, WI. which has a very strong German heritage. In Green Bay, they sell as much bratwurst as they do beer for the Packers games. For years, at Half Moon Cay, for the "BBQ"lunches, their sign always read "Bartwurst". When we were there in February, they no longer sell "bartwursts". :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.

• 2 weeks later...