Best drink on celebrity.

SeaWatch

DW and I loved the "Aspen Coffee (Baileys, Kahlua, Frangelico and Hot Coffee)" at "Cafe al Bacio" we had a couple everyday. These were included in our Classic drink package, I can only hope the Aspen Coffee is still include with the classic drink package since we just book Solstice for June in Alaska.

DW and I loved the "Aspen Coffee (Baileys, Kahlua, Frangelico and Hot Coffee)" at "Cafe al Bacio" we had a couple everyday. These were included in our Classic drink package, I can only hope the Aspen Coffee is still include with the classic drink package since we just book Solstice for June in Alaska.

Lou&Deb,

I thought I had read a comment somewhere on CC that while premium coffees are covered on the Classic Pkg, those that include alcohol are only covered on the Premium. Glad to hear the contrary may be the case.

I also just checked the Celebrity PDF on the beverage packages and Kahlua, Baileys and Frangelico are all covered under Classic - so the only thing that might push this to Premium would be if the price is greater than the per drink cap for Classic. :)

Cheers!

Marguerite

Lou&Deb,

I thought I had read a comment somewhere on CC that while premium coffees are covered on the Classic Pkg, those that include alcohol are only covered on the Premium. Glad to hear the contrary may be the case.

I also just checked the Celebrity PDF on the beverage packages and Kahlua, Baileys and Frangelico are all covered under Classic - so the only thing that might push this to Premium would be if the price is greater than the per drink cap for Classic. :)

Cheers!

Marguerite

DO you have a link to this? I don'tt know how accurate or recent this one is. I believe it to have a typographical error in the last boxes, whereby they used the word Premium relative to coffee drinks (as is appropriate, as "Premium" coffees full in the Classic beverage package) in both Classic and Premium packages while the Premium Package should have indicated "Specialty" coffees.

It's been my understanding that Coffee drinks are in Classic package if there is no alcohol in them (called Premium Coffees). When alcohol gets added, they fall into Premium package (called Specialty Coffees).

It's not driven by Kailua being in classic package, or Bailey's or Frangelico, its the complete drink.

There was (may still be) a time where the word Premium was used in Coffee description, for drinks that were in the Classic package at Al Baccio, and coffee drinks with alcohol added were called "Specialty Coffees" on the menus and required a Premium package to consume.

Basically they are trying to call the coffees "premium" they serve as opposed to what's elsewhere, but with this nomenclature came confusion in that the world Premium is now shared from the top drink package, while the Premium Coffees are include in the Classic Package, and the alcohol additives consumed by themselves are also included in classic package, but when put together, they fall into the Premium Beverage Package.

DO you have a link to this? I don'tt know how accurate or recent this one is. I believe it to have a typographical error in the last boxes, whereby they used the word Premium relative to coffee drinks (as is appropriate, as "Premium" coffees full in the Classic beverage package) in both Classic and Premium packages while the Premium Package should have indicated "Specialty" coffees.

It's been my understanding that Coffee drinks are in Classic package if there is no alcohol in them (called Premium Coffees). When alcohol gets added, they fall into Premium package (called Specialty Coffees).

It's not driven by Kailua being in classic package, or Bailey's or Frangelico, its the complete drink.

There was (may still be) a time where the word Premium was used in Coffee description, for drinks that were in the Classic package at Al Baccio, and coffee drinks with alcohol added were called "Specialty Coffees" on the menus and required a Premium package to consume.

Basically they are trying to call the coffees "premium" they serve as opposed to what's elsewhere, but with this nomenclature came confusion in that the world Premium is now shared from the top drink package, while the Premium Coffees are include in the Classic Package, and the alcohol additives consumed by themselves are also included in classic package, but when put together, they fall into the Premium Beverage Package.

I have seen others on CC make that same distinction (specialty vs premium coffee) but the details on the Celebrity site are less than clear on this. I referred to this document:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

I have seen others on CC make that same distinction (specialty vs premium coffee) but the details on the Celebrity site are less than clear on this. I referred to this document:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

That's the same document I linked to, that I'm sure has a typographical error.

They repeated "Premium Coffee" from the Classic Beverage Package Column into the Premium Beverage Package Column, when it should have stated "Specialty Coffee's" in the Premium Beverage Package column.

In any case the document does make note that it can change at any time, so It's definitely not a definitive, contractually obligated list of covered beverages..

That's the same document I linked to, that I'm sure has a typographical error.

In any case the document does make note that it can change at any time, so It's definitely not a definitive, contractually obligated list of covered beverages..

So I guess we will all find out when we get on the ship :-)

(Planning to upgrade to Premium anyway to get my Grey Goose martins :D)

I guess I'll see the first night if Aspen Coffee's are still included in the classic package. Looking over the list on the link you supplied it even shows Dos Equis Beer as a premium. I had that as well on the classic drink package back in December 2012 on Summit. We may upgrade to the premium package.