All Inclusive Beach Club

Ronaldo807

My wife & I are looking at some cruises for next year that include Roatan as one of the stops. Are there any all inclusive beach clubs similar to Nachi Cocum (Cozumel) on the island?

If none exist, what suggestions would you have for a beautiful beach with some affordable bars/restaurants within walking distance? Shade (palapas, tress) is a plus.

Edited by Ronaldo807

You will want to go to West Bay beach for that type of thing.

tabbayana, bananarama, mayan princess.

There is really nothing exactly like Cozumel but the beach is one of my favorites in the world.

Here is another all inclusive option. Not is a private island.

http://www.littlefrenchkey.com/little-french-key-packages/

I may have spelled some of those incorrectly. You will find them if you goggle it.

Most cruisers go to West Bay on Roatan where the above resorts are located (except Little French key) for the beach and snorkeling, therefore busier. Not AI except Mayan Princess which offers packages.

Other Places that offer AI and are quieter include Roatan Havana Beach Club and Club Natale. Turquoise Bay is another quieter, small older hotel which allows day use but is not AI. Nothing exactly like Nachi and depends which criteria are most important.

Roatan Havana Beach Club may come closest - they have a website but I haven't tried the place as I couldn't get them to answer my emails prior to my upcoming trip.

Most cruisers go to West Bay on Roatan where the above resorts are located (except Little French key) for the beach and snorkeling, therefore busier. Not AI except Mayan Princess which offers packages.

Other Places that offer AI and are quieter include Roatan Havana Beach Club and Club Natale. Turquoise Bay is another quieter, small older hotel which allows day use but is not AI. Nothing exactly like Nachi and depends which criteria are most important.

Roatan Havana Beach Club may come closest - they have a website but I haven't tried the place as I couldn't get them to answer my emails prior to my upcoming trip.

Please do educate me.. what do you consider AI? Would Bananarama and Tabyana not fall under AI? Foster's offers transport, a drink and chairs as well. What about Fantasy Island and Parrot Tree? Paya Bay? Maya Key?

I find with so many things visitors need to decide what is most important.. if snorkeling from the beach is the goal the answer is going to be different than if quiet is more important.. if one wishes to shop in West End and play on a beach there is little reason to go to Little French Key..wrong direction.

Oops..my mistake we were asked and you were comparing these places to Nachi. Just ignore me. Cheers!

Please do educate me.. what do you consider AI? Would Bananarama and Tabyana not fall under AI? Foster's offers transport, a drink and chairs as well. What about Fantasy Island and Parrot Tree? Paya Bay? Maya Key?

I find with so many things visitors need to decide what is most important.. if snorkeling from the beach is the goal the answer is going to be different than if quiet is more important.. if one wishes to shop in West End and play on a beach there is little reason to go to Little French Key..wrong direction.

Oops..my mistake we were asked and you were comparing these places to Nachi. Just ignore me. Cheers!

AI normally means "all you can eat and drink" for a set price which may, or may not, include transport, and usually includes non-motorized sports. In this particular case the OP wanted something comparable to Nachi, which is all you can drink, a fairly satisfying (from what I have heard) included choice of food, pool, beach and usually most importantly for people that visit there, quiet.

Nachi only offers the choice of one package. There is no where, to my knowledge directly equivalent on Roatan, but there are places which offer a package which is similar.

Edited by c-leg5

Holy hannah! All you can eat and drink?

I didn't realize there was anyplace on Roatan which offered such a thing. I know the non-motor water toys are included at Little French Key..I know there are several places which include meals..but I don't know anyplace which is all you can eat and drink.

Thank you so much for the information.

Thanks for the insight. We are considering a private tour with beach and monkeys. I feel like I need to find the banana donut man too

The Banana Donut guy walks up and down West Bay Beach singing a little ditty about Banana Donuts. Plop yourself anyplace on the beach and he will show up sooner or later.

There is some speculation as to where the donuts come from.. I believe it is hoped his wife makes them though there are whispers of the same donuts at Plaza Mar... hard to who had the recipe first, if the wife works for the market or if the old guy just collects them from the shops.. either way he is a doll of a man and it saves you a stop in Coxen Hole. :0)

Holy hannah! All you can eat and drink?

I didn't realize there was anyplace on Roatan which offered such a thing. I know the non-motor water toys are included at Little French Key..I know there are several places which include meals..but I don't know anyplace which is all you can eat and drink.

Thank you so much for the information.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Nachi Cocum is in Cozumel, not Roatan. It's now $55 per person, all inclusive. We've been there several times and will be going back in February. This is NOT a cruiseline excursion but it's not an issue. It's a short taxi drive from the ship and there are usually taxis waiting when you want to leave. If not, they will call one for you and it will be there in about 2 minutes. (There are beach clubs all up and down that stretch of highway.) For Nachi Cocum you reserve a spot online (they only take 100 people per day) via credit card. (Deposit is $22) BUT when you arrive, you have to pay the balance IN CASH or travelers check. No exceptions.

I really wish there was a comparable place in Roatan, but for know, no.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Nachi Cocum is in Cozumel, not Roatan. It's now $55 per person, all inclusive. We've been there several times and will be going back in February. This is NOT a cruiseline excursion but it's not an issue. It's a short taxi drive from the ship and there are usually taxis waiting when you want to leave. If not, they will call one for you and it will be there in about 2 minutes. (There are beach clubs all up and down that stretch of highway.) For Nachi Cocum you reserve a spot online (they only take 100 people per day) via credit card. (Deposit is $22) BUT when you arrive, you have to pay the balance IN CASH or travelers check. No exceptions.

I really wish there was a comparable place in Roatan, but for know, no.

You are not busting my bubble.. I know Nachi is not on Roatan. My confusion is/was how one defines "All Inclusive" All you can eat food and drink seems off to me.

Thank for the remainder if your information. Enjoy your holiday.

Do people bring the monkeys to the beach or do you need to go to Victors farm to play with them?

I have only occasionally seen a monkey, on a leash, on West Bay Beach. I would not count on it.. the good news is Victor's Monkey business is on the way to West Bay if one travels though Sandy Bay.

We went to Monkey Business in January. Wouldn't bother going back again. You just walk past cages and see a few animals. You can go into the money cage but don't take anything in with you. The monkeys can open zippers, etc. They jump all over the people standing there so be prepared. You wouldn't think a small monkey could pack such a wallop, but when one jumps across the enclosure and lands on your chest, you will lose your balance if you don't see him coming. I didn't like that the guides were hitting the monkeys.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Little French Key a few years ago. Has some beach area and also has a great sand bar with a table out there for drinks. The pricing has changed since we went so I don't think it is as good of a deal anymore but it was a really nice place. They also had a mini zoo ish area with monkeys and some other wildlife. There was also a hut on the second floor with a 12 foot? Drop where you can jump into the water. Food was not unlimited (meal at a specific time) but there was plenty of food and it was yummy. There is also a reef nearby but I wasn't motivated enough to swim out there to see it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I highly HIGHLY suggest checking out Little French Key. The place is absolutely gorgeous and they have several beaches, good food and drinks. They have tons of animals that you can hold (including a jaguar and swimming with it), horse back rides in the ocean, monkeys, lemurs, birds and a lot of other animals.

It's not an AI, but for the price of admission, it does include your ride from the port, then the boat ride over to the private island (and of course back) and the food and 2 drinks. Anything after that you can purchase on your own.

I have 2 complete reviews of the place with hundreds of pictures. My latest review I just finished tonight (was there a little over 2 weeks ago) and it's located HERE. It will drop you off at the page where the review begins (which is post #295 and ends at post #377). The other review is located in my signature line and you can just click on it.

Mitsugirly, thank you for the great review of LFK I've been so confused with all this different Keys....Little French Keys, Antony's Key, Maya Keys. We will be sailing RC Navagator in 2015. If I understand this right, the only way to get to LFK is on your own??? I think I've figured out Maya Keys, but I can't locate Antony's Key. I can see it on Google Earth.

Mitsugirly, thank you for the great review of LFK I've been so confused with all this different Keys....Little French Keys, Antony's Key, Maya Keys. We will be sailing RC Navagator in 2015. If I understand this right, the only way to get to LFK is on your own??? I think I've figured out Maya Keys, but I can't locate Antony's Key. I can see it on Google Earth.

You book Little French Key with them directly. They pick you right up from the port at the gate and provide all the transportation.

Maya Key can ONLY be booked using whatever cruiseline you are coming in on.

Anthony Key, well they are actually the one that owns Maya Key, but they are located on the other side of Roatan if I remember correctly. I would have to look it up. Usually it's people staying at the resort that go there, unless you are doing a dolphin swim. (But could be wrong about it. I just don't see many mention going there, but then again, I don't pay attention to it if it's some place I'm really not interested in going).

• 3 weeks later...
How long from when you get off the ship to you are actually at Little French Key? Bus and boat ride total. Do they have sailboats?

Thanks for your response.

It depends which port you are at. Mahogany Bay is closer to LFK than Coxenhole, so of course it would be quicker if you are there.

No, no sailboats.

• 1 month later...