Reserving CK

briehon

We sailed the Oasis the first of August.

Upon boarding we went to eat lunch, then strolled upto the Suite lounge.

We waited briefly in line for the concierge.

We were able to book the 5 reservations we wanted for CK.

Now mind you we were not too impressed with the service, and we cancelled 3 of our reservations and ate in the MDR.

It's nice, but, don't get your hopes up thinking it is a WOW factor.

Sea Ya

Interesting. You get so many differing opinions about it here! We are really only "planning" to do it one night with options for others

It was not in our CP when we sailed oasis and its not in our Allure CP. On oasis we just went there and made a resi with the hostess, don't need the concierge or you can call from your cabin. Ck was great with great food and service, don't forget breakfast and lunch, no resi needed for those

Edited by setsail

It was not in our CP when we sailed oasis and its not in our Allure CP. On oasis we just went there and made a resi with the hostess, don't need the concierge or you can call from your cabin. Ck was great with great food and service, don't forget breakfast and lunch, no resi needed for those

What is ck ?

Can I do that ahead of time? It's not showing on my cruise planner so if it is necessary/possible, what do I have to do?

Don't know your ship or sail date as I'm also waiting for CK (Coastal Kitchen) to appear on the Cruise Planner for our sailing on Allure in November. Phone call to Crown & Anchor D+ advised me it should appear in the Cruise Planner approx. 45 days before the sail date. We enjoyed CK on all 3 sailings on Quantum and service was great each and every time!

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

We sailed the Oasis the first of August.

Upon boarding we went to eat lunch, then strolled upto the Suite lounge.

We waited briefly in line for the concierge.

We were able to book the 5 reservations we wanted for CK.

Now mind you we were not too impressed with the service, and we cancelled 3 of our reservations and ate in the MDR.

It's nice, but, don't get your hopes up thinking it is a WOW factor.

Sea Ya

I'll beg to differ on that...

I though CK was great. It was like eating in a specialty restaurant, and service was great. We got the same waiter each time we were in there. We only ate dinner their twice (because the menu only changes once, and I still like the MDR), but we went their for breakfast 3 or 4 times. I thought it was great. Cant say enough good things about it, except that I wished the menu changed a bit more, but I can deal with that.

To the OP: All I can say is... Obviously, different people feel very different about the experience, so go and try for yourself, and then decide how many times you'd like to return!

:)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

setsail: What are you referring to when you use "CP" ?

briehon:

It seems that Coastal Kitchen can be reserved before boarding the Quantum and Anthem but not the Allure and Oasis.

We have already made Coastal Kitchen reservations for our back2back cruises in December on the Anthem. When we were on the Oasis for back2back in July it was not available for pre-cruise booking.

Also: We thought the service was fantastic in Coastal Kitchen on both the Quantum and the Oasis.

setsail: What are you referring to when you use "CP" ?

briehon:

It seems that Coastal Kitchen can be reserved before boarding the Quantum and Anthem but not the Allure and Oasis.

We have already made Coastal Kitchen reservations for our back2back cruises in December on the Anthem. When we were on the Oasis for back2back in July it was not available for pre-cruise booking.

Also: We thought the service was fantastic in Coastal Kitchen on both the Quantum and the Oasis.

I believe he means Cruise Planner for CP.

Sailing the Oasis for the 4th time this year October 10th.

On all of our cruises we ate at the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. To us the food and service were excellent. On port days only a limited buffet is provided for lunch. Cannot have a better view for dining and cocktails.

Made our reservations when we boarded with the Hostess at the Coastal Kitchen.

... Now mind you we were not too impressed with the service, and we cancelled 3 of our reservations and ate in the MDR....

Maybe we were lucky, but we ate in CK 4 times this past week, 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners, and the service was superb.