How to book with nanny

jaclync324

We are going on the Gem 9 night in March we booked a two bed family suite it's me my DH who is the best husband ever and 7 and 2 year old. We want to bring our nanny and get her own inside cabin. What's the best way to book it and will they let her board with us and eat in suite areas which is important as that's the reason she will be with us.

What's the best way to book it and will they let her board with us and eat in suite areas which is important as that's the reason she will be with us.

I have some bad news, unless you book the nanny in a suite, that would be the only way for one to receive the suite perks. From what I read here on CC, you might be able to have the priority boarding extended to your nanny but most likely not the dining. You could ask the concierge about the dining but I wouldn't count on it happening.

This is a constant issue that comes up every few weeks.

Suite perks are for people that paid or and are booked into a suite.

Sorry.

Oh, and by the way, if she was in that inside by herself, she have to pay the single supplement unless one of the kids were book as a second guest in that cabin.

Can a person book two rooms with same name and book nanny in suite. Has anyone had any luck tipping the concierge heavily first thing. In past I have tipped every one first thing at the start of cruise with amount people tip for the hole crusie and explained that I still planned on tipping more at the end if I was happy with service.

I would book her in the family suite with you, and put the kids in the inside cabin FOR BOOKING PURPOSES ONLY....once you board, you can switch occupants...putting the kids with you, and the nanny alone. The kids won't get "suite perks", but they don't need them....just get the correct keys at the customer service desk after boarding.

Edited by cb at sea

Can a person book two rooms with same name and book nanny in suite. Has anyone had any luck tipping the concierge heavily first thing. In past I have tipped every one first thing at the start of cruise with amount people tip for the hole crusie and explained that I still planned on tipping more at the end if I was happy with service.

There must be an adult listed on the reservation for any room to be booked. In this situation, that adult will not get suite privileges.

OP...It will be expensive, but consider booking the Garden Villa to allow all of you to get what you are looking for. Otherwise look into the 2 bedroom suites in the Haven where the the nanny can take the 2nd room and the kids sleep on the sofa bed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We did book a two bedroom. The second bedroom is for the kids. We want the nanny to have a separate room so we can have privacy. We will give her one of the key cards so she will have complete acess and can use the room and balcony. We like the two bedroom suite for the two separate rooms and the living room with the three tvs so we can all have our own space.

Book mom, dad, 2 kids and nanny in the 2br suite, double book the nanny in the inside. Not very cost effecient but full suite perks for all.

The only way I've seen to get the suite perks for a second cabin is if the cabin is connecting and the occupants are minors. There are mini-suites that connect to the 2 bedroom suite on deck 11 of the GEM. Book the 2 minor children in the connecting mini suite, and the nanny in the 2 bedroom suite with you and your husband. This way all will get the suite perks.

The only other option is to do an inside for the nanny and pay double fare for that inside cabin....and also have her added as the 5th guest in the suite. This is possible, booking directly through Norwegian and speaking with a superior if needed.

There must be an adult listed on the reservation for any room to be booked. In this situation, that adult will not get suite privileges.

OP...It will be expensive, but consider booking the Garden Villa to allow all of you to get what you are looking for. Otherwise look into the 2 bedroom suites in the Haven where the the nanny can take the 2nd room and the kids sleep on the sofa bed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

You can book a connecting cabin and have minors only listed in the cabin, and the 2 bedroom suite on deck 11 on the GEM does have the connecting mini-suite as an option.

I've seen this done when booking directly with Norwegian, and it does require not doing the on line check in for the second cabin....but having the registration done at the pier.

no offense OP it made not sense, just trying to figure it out. yuo are willing to "tip concierge heavily" so they will allow you to take nanny into the haven, but not to spend in the cabin cost?, maybe the $$$ will make the difference.

maybe you wanna book mom+dad in 1 suite and kids+nanny in other one, kids can sleep in the beds and nanny in the couch. or get H9 balcony spa for the nanny, is the less expensive way to get into the haven. it seem like you are very generous when it come to people to provide services to you, maybe you wanna be generous with your nanny and get her the spa access so she can relax a bit after watching your kids unless you are planning to have her working watching your kids 24/7.

no offense OP it made not sense, just trying to figure it out. yuo are willing to "tip concierge heavily" so they will allow you to take nanny into the haven, but not to spend in the cabin cost?, maybe the $$$ will make the difference.

maybe you wanna book mom+dad in 1 suite and kids+nanny in other one, kids can sleep in the beds and nanny in the couch. or get H9 balcony spa for the nanny, is the less expensive way to get into the haven. it seem like you are very generous when it come to people to provide services to you, maybe you wanna be generous with your nanny and get her the spa access so she can relax a bit after watching your kids unless you are planning to have her working watching your kids 24/7.

OP is cruising on the GEM, there are no spa cabins on the GEM.

No Problem with booking and paying for second room the issue is allowing the nanny to dine and use priority boarding. Does not make sense to pay her to be with us to help with kids and she can not be with us when we eat and board two most important times besides watching them if we do adult only meal. Most likely will book her in the suite with us and book a second room again in her name if that works.

That seems insulting to treat a professional that way.

No Problem with booking and paying for second room the issue is allowing the nanny to dine and use priority boarding. Does not make sense to pay her to be with us to help with kids and she can not be with us when we eat and board two most important times besides watching them if we do adult only meal. Most likely will book her in the suite with us and book a second room again in her name if that works.

This sounds like a good option. This gives the nanny some of her own free time, your own family time, yet be available at the times you want her.. I would not want to be booked in a cabin as a fifth wheel 24/7.

On my recent cruise on Getaway an elderly man needed part time assist. He paid the attendant's fare for the part time assist he needed, yet she had free time also.

Was our first plan until we just watched Titanic for the first time and are worried if ship was to sink our kids would be mistaken for peasants and not get a life boat. We put all "peasants' quarters" off limits to the children.

Is this a joke?

Here's an idea, you could actually watch your own kids for the week and give the nanny a vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Gem 9 night in March we booked a two bed family suite it's me my DH who is the best husband ever and 7 and 2 year old. We want to bring our nanny and get her own inside cabin. What's the best way to book it and will they let her board with us and eat in suite areas which is important as that's the reason she will be with us.

Unless I'm missing something here, you should go right ahead and book your nanny an inside. If you're aboard the Gem, there is no special Haven restaurant, or bar, just a small pool, hot tubs etc. You can bring your nanny any of the restaurants aboard ship, and pay a fee if necessary, its really no big deal. I'm guessing they'll require a Credit card for the nanny's inside room charges, just something to think about.

I suggest you contact the shore-side Concierge in Miami and prearrange an extra key card, and any other issues you can think of before boarding, and keep copies of emails confirming specific arrangements.;)