Boston: Can a private car drive up to the ship?

Moriah

I'm leaving next Saturday on Veendam from Boston. My first time cruising solo out of Boston, and also first time not taking a taxi to the ship. My SO will be driving me to Boston on the morning of the cruise, so my question is: Can he drive me right up to the ship the way a taxi would? Or will I have to walk with my luggage from some further - out point?

Thanks, I did see that FAQ, but for some reason it doesn't seem to address my question. It discusses "parking" which we don't need. I just want to know if he can drive up and drop me off at the same place a taxi would...

Edited by Moriah

Thanks, I did see that FAQ, but for some reason it doesn't seem to address my question. It discusses "parking" which we don't need. I just want to know if he can drive up and drop me off at the same place a taxi would...

When we sailed out of Boston, our friends drove us to the port. We pulled up directly in front of the building (door) that we had to go into to check in (and the ship was right on the other side).

When we sailed out of Boston, our friends drove us to the port. We pulled up directly in front of the building (door) that we had to go into to check in (and the ship was right on the other side).

Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping.

We have sailed from Boston's Black Falcon many times and our drivers were always able to pull up to front of terminal and stevedores took our luggage.

Seeing as this cruise season has not yet started, I can't say for sure that hasn't changed but it has been the way I describe for many years.

We have sailed from Boston's Black Falcon many times and our drivers were always able to pull up to front of terminal and stevedores took our luggage.

Thank you Sail! I've been wandering around CC today looking at Bermuda threads and I think I saw one where you mentioned you were thinking of a solo Bermuda cruise? Did you end up doing it? I've only done one solo cruise (on Maasdam last summer) and had a fantastic time, but this will be my first time to Bermuda. If someone had told me when I was 40 that I'd be cruising solo in my 60's I would have said they were nuts! But it's actually wonderful! (so sorry everyone for hijacking my own thread!!!! :o)

Thank you Sail! I've been wandering around CC today looking at Bermuda threads and I think I saw one where you mentioned you were thinking of a solo Bermuda cruise? Did you end up doing it? I've only done one solo cruise (on Maasdam last summer) and had a fantastic time, but this will be my first time to Bermuda. If someone had told me when I was 40 that I'd be cruising solo in my 60's I would have said they were nuts! But it's actually wonderful! (so sorry everyone for hijacking my own thread!!!! :o)

-:D welcome to the 60ish solo club-- when one luv's HAL ships so much, and there are only so many family and friends that can come with you, sooo next best thing is to have fun on your own terms---:D ---joanie

Hi Moriah,

I could not face crossing an HAL gangway yet without my DH but wanted to try and sail again. Friends invited me to sail with them on NCL. DH and I never sailed them, I've never been on one of their ships and we sailed three times in the past with this couple and totally enjoyed being with them. So... I booked the Bermuda cruise and will be sailing. I booked a cabin like what I am used to and have all hopes to 'get back to sea'. :) Hopefully this will transition me back to being on the ships and I'm back soon to the HAL blue hulled beauties I've loved for so long. It's just too soon for me to sail 'my' Maasdam or Noordam without my DH.

Edited by sail7seas

Hi Moriah,

:) Hopefully this will transition me back to being on the ships and I'm back soon to the HAL blue hulled beauties I've loved for so long. It's just too soon for me to sail 'my' Maasdam or Noordam without my DH.

Oh my goodness, I completely understand! I'm sure your DH just wants you to have a great time and his spirit will be along for the sail on any cruise line you choose. As said, I'm going on my second solo cruise next week. If you ever want a cruise-buddy who loves HAL as much as you do, send me a PM! My SO just doesn't love it as much as I do, or as much as your DH did... sigh... Have a great time in Bermuda!!

Oh my goodness, I completely understand! I'm sure your DH just wants you to have a great time and his spirit will be along for the sail on any cruise line you choose. As said, I'm going on my second solo cruise next week. If you ever want a cruise-buddy who loves HAL as much as you do, send me a PM! My SO just doesn't love it as much as I do, or as much as your DH did... sigh... Have a great time in Bermuda!!

Thanks for the good wishes, Moriah. I appreciate it greatly.

No PM here on CC but my e-mail is in my signature. :)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy and please come back here and post some comments when you return.

Safe sailing.......

No PM here on CC but my e-mail is in my signature. :)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy and please come back here and post some comments when you return.

Safe sailing.......

Oh! Guess that shows how observant I am about the forum! I will email you my contact info. And of course I'll post some comments on my cruise to Bermuda, although perhaps not a detailed report like I did last summer on Maasdam.