Cruise lines with excursions to St. Barthelemy?

JetSet2B

My understanding is that there aren't any cruise lines that go there directly anymore. Which cruise lines offer excursions? I would be too nervous to try to go there on my own but would totally go as part of an excursion. I think a cruise is the only way I will ever get to SB. Thanks!

My understanding is that there aren't any cruise lines that go there directly anymore. Which cruise lines offer excursions? I would be too nervous to try to go there on my own but would totally go as part of an excursion. I think a cruise is the only way I will ever get to SB. Thanks!

There are some lines that go there, including Sea Dream, Seaborne, Silversea, and Azamara. You can also take a ferry from St. Martin, if your stay in St. Martin is long enough.

Just the smaller ships seem to stop there

it is a tender port so may not be feasible for the larger ships

Look at the upper Premium & luxury lines

You could fly from St Martin (SXM) if you can get flights that fit your schedule

or the ferry service might work

An excursion (which is possible from St Maarten) is not all that common and folks do need to have a valid Passport to go to St Barts from St Maarten. The reality is that the folks who vacation on St Barts, and many of the residents, do not want cruise ships. They are somewhat more open to the truly ultra luxury lines (i.e, SeaDream, Silverseas, etc) but sometimes go out of their way to be unfriendly to the few larger ships that call at the island. On one cruise (last year) that did call at the island, none of the plumbing/toilets in town were functioning during the port visit. But mysteriously, everything started working fine as the cruisers were boarding their tenders back to the vessel.

We do a lot of cruising (to 6 continents) and have also vacationed on several islands. Cruise ships, while good for some of the economy, do have lots of negative impact on islands. St Thomas, once a very nice vacation island with lots of interesting shops has now become just one more Diamonds International cliche with cruisers contributing to huge traffic jams (this is paradise?) in Charlotte Amalie. The wealthy clientele that vacation on islands like St Barts and Anguilla do not want to see their piece of paradise ruined by cruisers. So if you really want to go to St Barts, the best way is to plan a few days (or a week) on the island when you can experience the charm that attracts some of the rich and famous. And be prepared to spend a few hundred dollars to dine at the islands world-class restaurants.

Hank

We did an excursion from Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. Enjoyed it very much. There was a high speed ferry for our group. Four hours on the island. We don't mind walking, so followed directions provided on this forum to a beach about 35 minutes away. Purchased an inexpensive lunch for the beach at a grocery store and had ice cream before leaving (across from ferry dock).

:)

• 1 year later...

We are on Holland in November and they offer an excursion to St. Bart's by ferry.

While there, I would like to do some snorkeling and have found a company that could meet us at the dock and take us straight from there. However, I am worried about the short time the ship will dock in St Maarten (8-4) and wonder if we would have time to make it back to pier in St. Maarten. Anyone ever done this before??

We are on a Crystal cruise with a full day stop in St Barts. The ship is offering excursions four.

Dec 01, FridaySt. Barts/Gustavia, French West Indies

SHORE EXCURSIONS

Island Paradise Introduction

St. Barts by Semi-Submersible

St. Barts ATV Adventure

Pointe de Colombier Catamaran Sail