Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Looks like two of the snails got away.:eek:

Love eating them so much, have them nearly every night when possible and the Garlic is good as it keeps away more than vampires.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Looks like two of the snails got away.:eek:

Love eating them so much, have them nearly every night when possible and the Garlic is good as it keeps away more than vampires.:p

Ooops , busted ! ;) Love , love , loved them - every night availability will be missed when on the CB . :) :D

Thanks for the excellent photo review, the Solstice class ships really are special and the Eclipse seems no exception. I love doing transatlantic cruises and will be revisiting several of those ports next year. It's nice to go back to a familiar place and revisit it from a different perspective :D

I'm sorry. Somehow I missed your post. Thank you. I would love to do that itinerary.

No worries , we did a similar TA on the Constellation in April 2009 , and also enjoyed that one very much ! :) :D

Day Location Arrival Departure

1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida -- 05:00 PM

2 Nassau, Bahamas 07:00 AM 01:00 PM

3 At Sea -- --

4 Kings Wharf, Bermuda 09:00 AM 06:00 PM

5 At Sea -- --

6 At Sea -- --

7 At Sea -- --

8 At Sea -- --

9 Ponta Delgada, Azores 07:00 AM 02:00 PM

10 At Sea -- --

11 Lisbon, Portugal 09:00 AM 04:00 PM

12 Vigo, Spain 10:00 AM 06:00 PM

13 Gijon, Spain 10:00 AM 05:30 PM

14 La Rochelle, France 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

15 At Sea -- --

16 Harwich, England -- --

I'm sorry. Somehow I missed your post. Thank you. I would love to do that itinerary.

It was a wonderful itinerary...unfortunately X is not offering it on next year's Spring TA's....Eclipse will only visit Bermuda & Lisbon next April....maybe the following year will be better...

It was a wonderful itinerary...unfortunately X is not offering it on next year's Spring TA's....Eclipse will only visit Bermuda & Lisbon next April....maybe the following year will be better...

The itinerary was our major factor in choosing the Eclipse over the Silhouette this spring , and the CB in September . We hope X does some more port intensive TA's in the future , and we would to see them do a Northern TA like our upcoming cruise posted below . This is why we choose Princess over X !

Day Ports of Call Arrival Departure

1 Southampton (London), England --- 4:00 p.m.

2 At Sea --- ---

3 Bergen, Norway 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

4 Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

5 At Sea --- ---

6 Akureyri, Iceland 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

7 Isafjordur, Iceland 7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

8 Reykjavik, Iceland 7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

9 At Sea --- ---

10 At Sea --- ---

11 At Sea --- ---

12 At Sea --- ---

13 St. John's, Newfoundland 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

14 At Sea --- ---

15 Halifax, Nova Scotia 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

16 At Sea --- ---

17 New York, New York 7:15 a.m. ---

The itinerary was our major factor in choosing the Eclipse over the Silhouette this spring , and the CB in September . We hope X does some more port intensive TA's in the future , and we would to see them do a Northern TA like our upcoming cruise posted below . This is why we choose Princess over X !

Day Ports of Call Arrival Departure

1 Southampton (London), England --- 4:00 p.m.

2 At Sea --- ---

3 Bergen, Norway 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

4 Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland 7:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

5 At Sea --- ---

6 Akureyri, Iceland 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

7 Isafjordur, Iceland 7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

8 Reykjavik, Iceland 7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

9 At Sea --- ---

10 At Sea --- ---

11 At Sea --- ---

12 At Sea --- ---

13 St. John's, Newfoundland 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

14 At Sea --- ---

15 Halifax, Nova Scotia 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

16 At Sea --- ---

17 New York, New York 7:15 a.m. ---

I would love that too!! Reflection's TA next spring is pretty port intensive too, AFTER crossing the ocean..6 straight port days. But the itinerary you will have with Princess is one of the reasons we are trying Princess for the first time this fall...I really like their TA itineraries a lot...:)

We left Le Harve a little late because of the bus breakdown in Paris that Denise mentioned . But we were gaining an hour overnight because we moved the clocks back and hour . The sea was calm and the morning broke cool and clear in Southampton .

IMG_7736-001_zpsqkekfmd2.jpg

We loved it ! We were wearing jackets now and would be the rest of the trip . Overnight we had some good news and some bad news , depending on who you asked . I had lost my voice ! Or at least misplaced it . We had chosen self disembarkation and it was quite strange to arrive with no immigration officers - but very efficient ! But we now had a couple of hours until our tour began . Gracie 115 had arranged a small group tour with a couple of stop on the way to London . After meeting our group , we met our guide and driver . I think the guide's name was Sebastian (facing us) and he was from Italy . The driver , Scott , was from Scotland .

IMG_7740_zpsnc1qntmx.jpg

One again , organization was the order of the day , as they packed the suitcases , last out on the bottom , and first out on top .

IMG_7741_zpsovzopntx.jpg

It was only about an hour to our first stop - Salisbury Cathedral .

IMG_7852_zpsk0t6ayib.jpg

The cathedral was completed in 1258 , and has the tallest church spire in the U.K. at 123 m. / 404 ' . It has one of the 4 copies of the Magna Carta .

A view from the East

IMG_7842-001_zpsmjq793qv.jpg

I've really enjoyed reading through this, it's taken me all morning, thank you for taking so much time with it. We are on the same TA next April with a slightly shorter itinerary, but I can't wait. It's got me thinking that I need to get some waterproofs though :rolleyes:

I've really enjoyed reading through this, it's taken me all morning, thank you for taking so much time with it. We are on the same TA next April with a slightly shorter itinerary, but I can't wait. It's got me thinking that I need to get some waterproofs though :rolleyes:

Hi Sybil66. Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it. As far as waterproof gear, I would have an umbrellas and a waterproof jacket of some kind with a hood.

Layering is a key with the weather changes.

The nave

IMG_7779_zpsiiaiaoeb.jpg

The nave in the opposite direction

IMG_7800_zpsxg78opoo.jpg

There is a smooth , table top waterfall near the center of the nave

IMG_7768_zpsrt2xw4r8.jpg

Ribbed vault ceiling

IMG_7758_zps8nc3nlnh.jpg

As we reached the choir area near the pipe organ , the organist began to play .

IMG_5355_zpseifcru7u.jpg

It was glorious !

Is that our wonderful virtual cruise finished? :( :(

Thanks for inviting us to join you. :cool: :D

Yes and no . We will do a more traditional synopsis of the Eclipse tomorrow . But we were now on the land component of our trip , in the ports of London , St. Petersburg and Moscow . We spent 4 days in London and 12 in Russia , and we will continue with those . We're glad that you could join us !! :) :D

Care to share :confused:

We went through the markets and saw lots of fresh produce and hand made foods and crafts, very nice setting. As we were on a tour we didn't really want to buy much or get food (apart from lunch) so we bought some Red wine. In the evening when we got to our hotel, we decided to have some prior to dinner. It tasted like blackberry nip (I am being nice here) and had so much sediment it left rings on the glasses and our teeth. We threw the rest away. After warss we thought to ourselves "What were we thinking buying wine from the UK, let alone a Red wine.":D

Edited by MicCanberra

Yes and no . We will do a more traditional synopsis of the Eclipse tomorrow . But we were now on the land component of our trip , in the ports of London , St. Petersburg and Moscow . We spent 4 days in London and 12 in Russia , and we will continue with those . We're glad that you could join us !! :) :D

Looking forward to those as well.:D

We went through the markets and saw lots of fresh produce and hand made foods and crafts, very nice setting. As we were on a tour we didn't really want to buy much or get food (apart from lunch) so we bought some Red wine. In the evening when we got to our hotel, we decided to have some prior to dinner. It tasted like blackberry nip (I am being nice here) and had so much sediment it left rings on the glasses and our teeth. We threw the rest away. After warss we thought to ourselves "What were we thinking buying wine from the UK, let alone a Red wine.":D

Oh no , this explains why the pint is so popular . ;)

This is the beautiful Trinity Chapel . We love the stained glass windows , one of my favorite art forms .

IMG_7808_zpsjnmgfn5d.jpg

I really like this one .

IMG_7770_zpsadnspp18.jpg

Adjacent to the chapel is a large grave monument .

IMG_7813-001_zps3rvgeotj.jpg

A number of dead people are buried here .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salisbury_Cathedral

IMG_7753_zpsu7ormyhn.jpg

The shadow to the right looked sinister .

IMG_7829_zpstb5wwitf.jpg

IMG_7831_zpsffmcxjv0.jpg

Wonderful ! Thank you for the time your took. We are doing the same TA April 2016. Now we are really beyond excited. Do you have a contact number or the name of the person who booked your transport to London/airport once you docked in Southampton? Would love to contact the car service that did the stops along the way.

Diane

Email: dianedon1945 at yahoo dot com

Wonderful ! Thank you for the time your took. We are doing the same TA April 2016. Now we are really beyond excited. Do you have a contact number or the name of the person who booked your transport to London/airport once you docked in Southampton? Would love to contact the car service that did the stops along the way.

Diane

Email: dianedon1945 at yahoo dot com

You're welcome . Gracie115 found , booked , and was on our tour . The company is executiveconnection.co.uk . :)

Edited by scubacruiserx2