Shareholder Credit Issue

We have a cruise booked and paid for September. We contacted Royal to have our shareholder credit applied and they said we weren't entitled to it because another credit had been applied to our booking. We have used the shareholder credit several times with no issues. We emailed them and told them that the credit was issued from the cruise agency and requested the shareholder credit. We have not had any response from them and are wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. Did RCCL change their policy regarding the shareholder credit being combined with a cruise agency credit? Thanks for any info you can provide.

We have a cruise booked and paid for September. We contacted Royal to have our shareholder credit applied and they said we weren't entitled to it because another credit had been applied to our booking. We have used the shareholder credit several times with no issues. We emailed them and told them that the credit was issued from the cruise agency and requested the shareholder credit. We have not had any response from them and are wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. Did RCCL change their policy regarding the shareholder credit being combined with a cruise agency credit? Thanks for any info you can provide.

You should be able to combine the shareholder benefit with most travel agent perks, however there are some travel agent perks that actually come from Royal, so are not combinable. One that I know of is OBC from GAP points due to a group booking.

Edited by clarea

From the RCI website under Investor:

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit offer is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, upgrade offers, chartered sailings, certain group sailings, "dollars off/wave" promotional offers, certain price programs, reservations made on a reduced rate/travel agent rate/inter-line rate and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.comand a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Edited by cruisenfever

It depends on the source of the cruise agency credit. You have to contact the cruise agency and get them to remove the credit before you can get the Shareholder credit. It's a PITA.

What happened to me on one cruise was that I booked through an online agency which had a special deal that I couldn't get through RCL. The deal came with $50 which was an OBC that came from Royal. So I had the TA remove the unwanted credit and then was able to get the Shareholder $100. A lot of work for $50.

Crown and Anchor may be able to help you determine exactly what is going on and give you options for solving the impasse.

Edited by 138east

Thanks for all the imput. We did contact the cruise agency and they said we should be able to get the credit as there was no incentive given to them from Royal. At this point I think a phone call to Investor Relations is a good idea.

Having similar issues. Hard to tell what is and is not an RCCL credit and what disqualifies me from getting my stockholders OBC. So, prior to booking with the on-line agency that I have never used before, I thought it would be smart to contact investor relations. Not sure why they can't read, but their response was to tell me that my booking (and they included my reservation #) did not include the proper documentation to apply the credit. That was not at all what I asked of them and I do not even have a reservation yet. A little frustrated about the whole thing.

I just got the same email response from Shareholder Benefits today. Not combinable because "it is confirmed with pricing (interline rates, chartered sailing, complimentary cruises, etc.) that is not combinable with the shareholders onboard credit offer." However, the cruise I book has no special pricing of any kind on it, and so I resubmitted my request. Guess I'll wait and see what happens next.

This is really annoying:(

It can also depend on cabin category. As Cand A members we get a balcony discount and that precludes the stockholder credit. With an oceanview or inside we cn SOMETIMES get it. Too many ifs ands and buts with OBCs.

It can also depend on cabin category. As Cand A members we get a balcony discount and that precludes the stockholder credit. With an oceanview or inside we cn SOMETIMES get it. Too many ifs ands and buts with OBCs.

Chances are, if you get any special, no shareholders benefit. And usually the special is worth more than what you'd get with OBC. Sorry. We've never gotten a shareholders benefit in fifteen cruises.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

We booked our first RCL cruise through a TA for 8/24. We hold RCL stock. From our agent we got gratuities paid, a free dinner, and OBC, but nothing from RCL, so we submitted the stock info and were approved in less than a week for the OBC from Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Follow-up on my emails to Shareholder Benefits today. They again refused the credit based on my booking the Vision of the Seas over this last weekend: "The requested shareholders onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxx as it is confirmed with pricing (Weekend Special) is not combinable with the shareholders onboard credit offer." Nowhere on the website when I checked prices did it say anything about a Weekend Special. It's really not that much obc but it still tks me off.

We booked our first RCL cruise through a TA for 8/24. We hold RCL stock. From our agent we got gratuities paid, a free dinner, and OBC, but nothing from RCL, so we submitted the stock info and were approved in less than a week for the OBC from Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

well done. It pays to be persistent.

Chances are, if you get any special, no shareholders benefit. And usually the special is worth more than what you'd get with OBC. Sorry. We've never gotten a shareholders benefit in fifteen cruises.

We have sailed numerous times with both RCCL and Celebrity and always received the Shareholder Benefit. Until now!!! I appears to me that RCCL may be feeling a bit of a financial pinch, and is looking at every way to reduce costs.

However, as a Shareholder who purchased these shares at $35. and kept the faith when they dropped to $5.00, I feel this benefit should be over and above anything available to the general public. If RCCL continues this nitpicking, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Allow me to further elaborate on my concerns by publishing a copy of my recent communication with RCCL - Investor Relations, (below):

We have sailed multiple times on both Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and Celebrity Cruises. In all cases, irrespective of any and all booking incentives offered by the travel agent, we have always received our full Shareholder Benefit on-board credit.

However, for our latest booking with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, (reservation #XXXXXX), RCCL seems to have added multiple conditions making it more difficult to receive this advertised benefit. As the one time holder of up to 500 shares, (since reduced to 150), of Royal Caribbean stock; Purchased at $35./unit, and one who "kept the faith" when they dropped to $5./unit, I am disappointed.

Now I fully realize that our holdings are insignificant. But as a shareholder and a client of the cruise lines represented by these shares my latest interactions with the Shareholder Benefit staff do not leave me feeling even the least bit valued by either the Corporation or the cruise line. Following some back and forth communication, Shareholder Benefits grudgingly agreed to an on-board credit, but have not yet had the courtesy to share the amount with me. I am still waiting for the Shareholder Benefits Division to respond to my request for the total value of on-board credits, from all sources, (including any from the T.A.), for this reservation.

If you are going to entice people to purchase, and hold, RCCL stock with the offer of on-board credits, then the Shareholder Benefit should be awarded exclusive of any and all other incentives available to the general public. If that means reducing the value of this benefit, then do so. Just don't "suck me in" with an advertised incentive at the travel agent end, and then take it away at the Shareholder Benefit end. Also, I shouldn't have to spend time reading the fine print on several different web sites to determine my costs and benefits. Keep it simple so I can easily do a cruise cost/value analysis.

Thank you for allowing me to state my concerns.

After numerous attempts to get our shareholder credit applied to our 10 day cruise we were finally successful after calling Investor Relations. If you are experiencing similar issues I would definitely recommend you go right to the source if RCCL reps deny the credit.

After numerous attempts to get our shareholder credit applied to our 10 day cruise we were finally successful after calling Investor Relations. If you are experiencing similar issues I would definitely recommend you go right to the source if RCCL reps deny the credit.

RCI reps have never been able to apply the shareholder credit(at least in the 2 years that I have been using it).

I have always had to go through investor relations as per the instructions on the website.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hi, what number should I call ?

As a Solo cruiser, I had two BOGOHO's that I booked in May with very little OBC from RCCL. My TA had their OBC removed so I was able to use my Shareholder benefit. I have just booked two more BOGO's and hopefully can do the same thing.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Never had an issue corresponding via e mail. Always had an answer within a day.

Thank you for the link ....... I used that email address / link before ........ sometimes if I asked a question that was not one of the typical ones, I got back a 'form letter' answer that had nothing to do with what I asked.

The OP had some problems too and it seems that after a call, things got resolved ....... ( " we were finally successful after calling Investor Relations. " ) ...... So a phone number could be useful.

Edited by wieslaw

Thank you for the link ....... I used that email address / link before ........ sometimes if I asked a question that was not one of the typical ones, I got back a 'form letter' answer that had nothing to do with what I asked.

The OP had some problems too and it seems that after a call, things got resolved ....... ( " we were finally successful after calling Investor Relations. " ) ...... So a phone number could be useful.

Try Carlos . IR contact number at the bottom of this page.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-irhome