Advice needed: Sydney International Airport to Circular Quay

Hi all! I have finally (as in just an hour ago) got this resolved. It was a little frustrating as, despite multiple phone calls, I only managed to speak to the agent for the first time yesterday afternoon. He has, without demur, rebooked them onto the earlier flight at no extra cost. Mum and Dad are very relieved and are now starting to feel excited rather than stressed about their holiday!

I am now trying to sort out transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal - any recommendations?

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

Thats good news. They can relax now.

As for a transfer , I would not muck around or worry about cost..(within reason of course) , but just book with someone who will be standing outside the International Arrivals door holding up your parents name on a board. They will take charge of your parents ,and their luggage ,and get them to the ship on time, probably even checking in the luggage for them.

Hi all! I have finally (as in just an hour ago) got this resolved. It was a little frustrating as, despite multiple phone calls, I only managed to speak to the agent for the first time yesterday afternoon. He has, without demur, rebooked them onto the earlier flight at no extra cost. Mum and Dad are very relieved and are now starting to feel excited rather than stressed about their holiday!

I am now trying to sort out transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal - any recommendations?

Carnival do run shuttles from Sydney Airport and they were saying on facebook about $20 pp so get your TA to book it if you wish

Carnival do run shuttles from Sydney Airport and they were saying on facebook about $20 pp so get your TA to book it if you wish

I spoke to Carnival and its too late to book ahead of time. They could go to their pick up point at the airport but with Mum's mobility I'm not sure she could get up the stairs onto a coach.

I spoke to Carnival and its too late to book ahead of time. They could go to their pick up point at the airport but with Mum's mobility I'm not sure she could get up the stairs onto a coach.

If your mother has a mobility issue it is probably best to book private transport with a company that can take such mobility devices. There are handicapped taxis available but it is hit and miss if you can catch up with them at Sydney airport. If you book a private transfer for them with specifications of what is needed you are guaranteed to have no issues on the day.

At least with a private transfer and properly fitted handicapped vehicle you are guaranteed it is at least allowed to drop them off as close to the terminal as possible.

Perhaps as David said arranging a private transfer (around $70) will be best.:D

Perhaps as David said arranging a private transfer (around $70) will be best.:D

I think so. She can walk slowly but stairs are an issue for her.

I'm getting confused and lost looking at all the different options. If anyone can name a decent company that does transfers for about $70 I'd be very grateful!

Good to hear you got the flight sorted out. Sometimes I just shake my head at the things TA's do (or don't do!)

We have used Towncars www.towncars.com and were very happy with them.

I think a few others on this board have also used them.

Clean car, water bottles and a courteous driver.

i did a quote and it came back at $55 so thats better than the other company

Good to hear you got the flight sorted out. Sometimes I just shake my head at the things TA's do (or don't do!)

We have used Towncars http://www.towncars.com and were very happy with them.

I think a few others on this board have also used them.

Clean car, water bottles and a courteous driver.

Sensational! I have made a booking with them for $75. :)

Oh wow? I wonder how that works? I did a quote and came in at $75 :/

i made a mistake and put down the domestic terminal and got a price of $55.....you wouldnt think it'd be $20 extra from the overseas terminal

Have just read all the posts. Great outcome. I just love the help CC's give to fellow travellers. Hope they have a wonderful cruise.

Yep it's not a bad place with lots of help, as long as no one mentions tips or formal nights :cool:

Sorry, too slow to respond. I was going to suggest googling 'Towncars' as lots of people have used them. Glad you have it sorted out.:D

We like to use them each time we fly into Sydney. Just be sure that you contact http://www.towncars.com NOT http://www.towncars.com.au

They are 2 different companies with the later only having about 4 vehicles available & asking you to pay more upfront!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like to use them each time we fly into Sydney. Just be sure that you contact http://www.towncars.com NOT http://www.towncars.com.au

They are 2 different companies with the later only having about 4 vehicles available & asking you to pay more upfront!

Gae

Good point, this is exactly what makes this forum great. Thanks Gae.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Tara Jane! I eventually got the agent to change the flights at no extra cost to my parents - much to their huge relief. Tom from TownCars.com picked them up from the airport and my mum said he was absolutely lovely! He pushed her chair through the terminal to the car whilst Dad dealt with the luggage. The car was excellent and when they got to the Quay the driver asked them to wait in the car and he went right in and got a staff member to come out and help my mum and dad. This staff member whisked them through a priority queue and before they knew where they were they were on the ship! Mum and Dad were very impressed and grateful at the service provided by TownCars.com.

They had a lovely first cruise and came back really happy they did it - which was a great relief to my husband and I!

I deeply appreciate the help, advice and encouragement I got from this board. It made all the difference to my parents! Thank you!

Thanks Tara Jane! I eventually got the agent to change the flights at no extra cost to my parents - much to their huge relief. Tom from TownCars.com picked them up from the airport and my mum said he was absolutely lovely! He pushed her chair through the terminal to the car whilst Dad dealt with the luggage. The car was excellent and when they got to the Quay the driver asked them to wait in the car and he went right in and got a staff member to come out and help my mum and dad. This staff member whisked them through a priority queue and before they knew where they were they were on the ship! Mum and Dad were very impressed and grateful at the service provided by TownCars.com.

They had a lovely first cruise and came back really happy they did it - which was a great relief to my husband and I!

I deeply appreciate the help, advice and encouragement I got from this board. It made all the difference to my parents! Thank you!

Thank you for letting us know how it worked out. Your parents are lucky they had you looking out for them. :)

Thanks for the follow-up! It's always great to hear how everything works out for those that post questions here!

Gae