Hyatt Regency Pier 66 - Ft. Lauderdale

Dan-P

We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale two days before our cruise. We'll be landing on a Friday, have all day Saturday to lay at the pool/explore/shop, and then catch our cruise Sat. This will be in Feb 2014.

I've done a ton of searching/reading/checking prices and for the rate I can get ($101/night in the garden building - not the tower - using the Federal Gov/Military rate), the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 seems like my best bet.

It is on the water taxi route (has a stop), seems to have a nice pool complex, is on the intercoastal waterway, has a Marina to look at nice yachts, and seems to get pretty good reviews. Only downside, seems to be that it isn't super close to anything if we just wanted to walk (although we both are in good shape and don't mind walking a good distance if it is through a decent area).

Is there a place I am overlooking that would offer similar amenities and at a similar price, or should I just book this one while I can?

Thanks,

Dan.

The Hilton-Marina is just the other side of the 17th Street Bridge from the Hyatt. It has a similar set up as the Hyatt. It's on the water way with a Water Taxi stop.

There are also many other hotel choices in the 17th Street area. The prices vary between the different brands. Good luck in choosing.

I think that the Hyatt Pier 66 is the perfect choice for you based on what you are interested in, and that's a great price. It's more of a resort than a hotel, so it would be a great place to spend the weekend. The restaurants there are good too. You can walk places from there, it's just further than the other hotels. In fact, as you walk over the big bridge you'll see the ships before they sail...the port should be very full in February. Have fun!

I think that the Hyatt Pier 66 is the perfect choice for you based on what you are interested in, and that's a great price. It's more of a resort than a hotel, so it would be a great place to spend the weekend. The restaurants there are good too. You can walk places from there, it's just further than the other hotels. In fact, as you walk over the big bridge you'll see the ships before they sail...the port should be very full in February. Have fun!

Thanks Sharon! I was hoping you would chime in.

Dan.

We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale two days before our cruise. We'll be landing on a Friday, have all day Saturday to lay at the pool/explore/shop, and then catch our cruise Sat. This will be in Feb 2014.

I've done a ton of searching/reading/checking prices and for the rate I can get ($101/night in the garden building - not the tower - using the Federal Gov/Military rate), the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 seems like my best bet.

It is on the water taxi route (has a stop), seems to have a nice pool complex, is on the intercoastal waterway, has a Marina to look at nice yachts, and seems to get pretty good reviews. Only downside, seems to be that it isn't super close to anything if we just wanted to walk (although we both are in good shape and don't mind walking a good distance if it is through a decent area).

Is there a place I am overlooking that would offer similar amenities and at a similar price, or should I just book this one while I can?

Thanks,

Dan.

If it's not raining the walk across the 17th Street bridge is not that long and is quite a view, especially when ships are in port. While it may be a little farther from Biminin Boatyard or 15th Street Fisheries, it's closer to the beach.

Also, right on property is Pelican Landing that has a great second story perch at an intersection of the Intracoastal. I always recommend happy hour there to people who don't stay at the resort.

Dan P. did you call them direct to get the military rate? Did you need your DD2-14 paper?

I was able to book online and did not have to provide anything upfront. You will need to show proof of FEDGOV or active MIL at checkin (GOVID, DD214, etc...).

Dan.

Thanks,

Dan.

You got the Hyatt peak month in peak season for $101? Honey drop to your knees and give thanks. That may be the deal of the year.

Ya done good:D

I was able to book online and did not have to provide anything upfront. You will need to show proof of FEDGOV or active MIL at checkin (GOVID, DD214, etc...).

Dan.

Are you active duty or retired? We are retired military and would certainly book there if eligible.

Are you active duty or retired? We are retired military and would certainly book there if eligible.

Neither. I work for "the man" aka FedGov employee.

Thanks for your service!

Dan.

Agreed that is an amazing price. Their website is quoting around 309 per night for a standard room for Feb 14. I have been staying there for the past 6 years when I am town for cruises or other. Good hotel, nice property and quick to many things. In fact I just booked 2 nights using Hyatt points for early Feb.

Bill

Agreed that is an amazing price. Their website is quoting around 309 per night for a standard room for Feb 14. I have been staying there for the past 6 years when I am town for cruises or other. Good hotel, nice property and quick to many things. In fact I just booked 2 nights using Hyatt points for early Feb.

Bill

Well, yeah...Not only is it peak season, but February 14th is Valentine's Day.

we've stayed in both the Hilton Marina and Hyatt Pier 66 and feel the Hyatt is definitely the better choice. The pool is really impressive as well as the outdoor restaurant/bar. It's a perfect spot for sunset and watching the boats go by.... we always find ourselves there trying to figure out a way to move to Florida! The Hyatt's breakfast buffet was also very good, although quite pricey. Last time there, we had booked on Priceline for $85 and at checkin, they asked if we wanted to upgrade to a tower corner suite for an extra $40. Best money ever spent! Hope you enjoy!

I was just doing some research on CC for the Pier 66 hotel and found this thread. I have the Pier 66 booked for a two night pre cruise stay Dec. 12-14 using these codes 35754 gives you $99 in a marina room and 34528 gives you $129 in a tower suite . I know your marina room is only $2 cheaper, but I used the other code for a tower room and requested a port view. If you want to get into the tower, I heard these rates are really good. I have never stayed here but I here there are restaurants onsite and I would not need to venture out of the hotel area if I didn't want to. I am travelling with three kids and myself so I am a little nervous driving around myself.

I was just doing some research on CC for the Pier 66 hotel and found this thread. I have the Pier 66 booked for a two night pre cruise stay Dec. 12-14 using these codes 35754 gives you $99 in a marina room and 34528 gives you $129 in a tower suite . I know your marina room is only $2 cheaper, but I used the other code for a tower room and requested a port view. If you want to get into the tower, I heard these rates are really good. I have never stayed here but I here there are restaurants onsite and I would not need to venture out of the hotel area if I didn't want to. I am travelling with three kids and myself so I am a little nervous driving around myself.

December is quite a bit cheaper than the OP's February dates.

However, you'll be there for the Winterfest Boat Parade!! http://www.winterfestparade.com/

Don't book a fed gvmt rate/military rate if you don't have the ID. At another hotel, a couple checking in in front of us tried to do this and got stuck paying the full rate...........they could have done much better pre-booking with an offer that they were eligible for.

Does this boat parade pass by the hotel or will we need to venture out!! Sounds like something the kids would love, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

No, it doesn't. You'd need to be somewhere along the New River near Las Olas Blvd or the Intracoastal north of there.

OOOo.. its say TZ coporate 34528, so i thought it was some sort of corporate/coupon code .

i didnt know it was a government code. :*(.. got me excited for a second.

Whenever I book a government/military rate most times I'm never asked for an ID at check-in, but when I do I just show them my VA ID and they are satisfied.

Archived