Please help with flight time from MIA

chiokie

For an 11:20 flight you need to be at MIA by 9:50 (and earlier is better - TSA is a chaos at MIA! :(), which means in a cab or limo and rolling by about 9:00. I would advise against renting a car - to many chances for delays with pick-up, gas and turn in. A taxi will run about $85 for that trip.

Good luck! :)

I agree that yes, if all goes relatively delay free, you will have time.

But...I guess I would look to something later only because I don't want to go to sleep the last night of the cruise worrying about what might happen the next morning. Nowadays, finding empty seats on a later flight if you miss yours, is much more difficult. It's just a matter of how much stress/worry you feel comfortable with.

I would try for a later flight (after noon or 1 p.m.) and try for a flight from FLL instead of MIA. You can't really go by the docking time of the ship. There are a lot of variables - number of other ships arriving at Port Everglades that morning is one, that they will need to clear before allowing anyone to disembark. Weather is another unpredictable variable. We have experienced disembarkations that did not start until after 10 a.m. I think it is rare and you would PROBABLY make it on time, but why give yourself that kind of stress and worry on the last day of your vacation?

Have a great cruise!

I understand that FLL is closer to port Everglades but I made flight reservations using miles through MIA. Our current reservation leaves at 1 PM with two stops. I can change flights only if I fly out of MIA. The 11:20 AM flight became available with only one stop. I think I will leave my flight at 1 PM with two stops.

Thank you all for your input.

Archived