Solstice Disembarkation Pier 91 Seattle and Uber

colliercruiser

We just got back yesterday. do not know the cost of Uber. We used Shuttle Express and paid $44.00 for two - pier to airport. We were off the ship by 7:10 a.m., walked by the custom guy, walked past the taxi line, checked in with the shuttle express people, but did not leave pier until 7:45 - waited for other passengers going to airport. Driver said it would take 30 minutes, it took 40 minutes.(arrived Alaska Air at 8:25). We had a 12:10 flight. Plenty of taxi cabs available.

The cab line was long when we were there a couple of weeks ago but at least it was moving. You can request a flat rate cab for $40 to the airport (+ .50 cents per each passenger above 2) ... so $41 + tip. Since there were several couples standing in line and many were going to the airport, we asked if the couple standing in front of us wanted to share a cab and they agreed so it was a relatively inexpensive way to get to the airport post cruise.

We have a 1:35 flight after getting off the solstice.

Looking for opinions: better to go straight to seatac and hang out in a lounge (we'll have our luggage sent with the new port free service) or hang out downtown for a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a 1:35 flight after getting off the solstice.

Looking for opinions: better to go straight to seatac and hang out in a lounge (we'll have our luggage sent with the new port free service) or hang out downtown for a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be on Solstice in July. What is the new port free service for luggage and how do I sign up? Thanks.

I will be on Solstice in July. What is the new port free service for luggage and how do I sign up? Thanks.

The charges for the luggage valet service that is available again through Celebrity are being picked up by the City of Seattle instead of you paying the costs.

Celebrity will still handle all the details such as check you in for your flight, print your boarding passes and luggage tags and send them directly to your room the night prior to disembarkation. Normally, this would incur a $30 pp charge (previously $25 pp) but now Seattle will pay these costs for you instead. Good thinking on their part. They want people to have a favorable impression of their city as well as time to tour Seattle without luggage concerns prior to their flight home.

There are some restrictions that apply such as time of flight and airline. I think the earliest flight can be at 11:00 AM (it might be 11:45 AM but thought I read 11 AM somewhere). The airlines listed include (but maybe not limited to as I may have forgotten one or more) Southwest, United, American, Delta ...

I believe your flight must be domestic. You do have to fly out prior to a specific time the night of disembarkation. It used to be that Southwest had a different set of time frames but not sure if that still exists. I read on these threads that some fares types cannot use this service (something to do with senior fares?). I can not confirm if this is true.

If you do plan on using this, be sure to take a printed copy of your flight itinerary to take to the front desk when you sign up for this. It is very helpful for them to make sure they can accurately check you in for your flight. Also, you don't really have to make a concerted effort to ensure your luggage is under 50 pounds per bag. I wouldn't think of making it more than 60 pounds but you won't incur any additional charges if it is a bit over the 50 lbs limit. You will still have to pay your bag fee that the airline charges ... just not the overweight fee.

I found this information in a Port Hole News publication.

• Thanks 1

The charges for the luggage valet service that is available again through Celebrity are being picked up by the City of Seattle instead of you paying the costs.

Celebrity will still handle all the details such as check you in for your flight, print your boarding passes and luggage tags and send them directly to your room the night prior to disembarkation. Normally, this would incur a $30 pp charge (previously $25 pp) but now Seattle will pay these costs for you instead. Good thinking on their part. They want people to have a favorable impression of their city as well as time to tour Seattle without luggage concerns prior to their flight home.

There are some restrictions that apply such as time of flight and airline. I think the earliest flight can be at 11:00 AM (it might be 11:45 AM but thought I read 11 AM somewhere). The airlines listed include (but maybe not limited to as I may have forgotten one or more) Southwest, United, American, Delta ...

I believe your flight must be domestic. You do have to fly out prior to a specific time the night of disembarkation. It used to be that Southwest had a different set of time frames but not sure if that still exists. I read on these threads that some fares types cannot use this service (something to do with senior fares?). I can not confirm if this is true.

If you do plan on using this, be sure to take a printed copy of your flight itinerary to take to the front desk when you sign up for this. It is very helpful for them to make sure they can accurately check you in for your flight. Also, you don't really have to make a concerted effort to ensure your luggage is under 50 pounds per bag. I wouldn't think of making it more than 60 pounds but you won't incur any additional charges if it is a bit over the 50 lbs limit. You will still have to pay your bag fee that the airline charges ... just not the overweight fee.

I found this information in a Port Hole News publication.

Thanks so much. This would be nice to be able to use. I will check it out when I get on board.

We disembarked in Seattle on a busy port day(3 ships) and needed to catch a cab to our downtown hotel. As we waited in the taxi line for over an hour, we noted that the porter line for taxis was going MUCH faster. Next time we'll use a porter for our luggage and jump to the head of the line. BTW, picking up our luggage and going thru customs/border passport check was a breeze....probably the fastest we've ever seen getting off a ship. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

We did the porter to the cab line and waited about 15 min this past Friday.

My brother did Uber and waited about 10.

I would recommend if you check your luggage straight through from the ship that you take a cab to space needle, mopop museum area or pike place on a nice day and then do the very cheap train to SEA.

If you do not have TSA precheck or 1st class - plan to arrive to SEA 2 hours before your flight, possibly more if you have luggage you didn't check in at pier - the lines at Southwest and Alaska looked horrific. We were on delta and no lines. It was a zoo in the security lanes yesterday (Saturday) at 11am. The TSA agents seemed stressed out and the lines were horrific for regular fliers.