What to do in One Day in Miami

ScotBrit17

Appreciate some opinions on best option to spend one day in Miami after returing from a cruise. Arrive early morning in Miami and have to be at Miami airport by 6.00pm to get a late flight back to UK.

Plan to book a hotel day room and then walk around Beach area sight-seeing, shopping and eating.

Option 1 is to book a hotel at the airport and get a cab to beach area after check-in and then return there for a shower and clean-up before going to airport.

Option 2 is to book a hotel at the beach and travel direct to airport after clean-up at the end of the day. Concerned about travelling through traffic to airport from beach at 5.00 in the evening. This has the benefit of short trip from port and also less taxis required. Any suggestions for hotels.

Can you also confirm that there are sufficient shops, restaurants and sight-seeing opportunities in beach area to fill the day. We are easy to please and don't plan on being too active.

Thanks, checking out South Beach hotels they are either really expensive or very bad reviews. Would be happy with a hotel further north but still walking distance if possible to the South Beach area. If this is not possible would accept a hotel downtown and travel by taxi.

Appreciate any advice, would not want to pay any more than $100 for a few hours to store my bags.

Check https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en or www.between9and5.com for hotels offering day rates.

Your other option is to skip the hotel, store your bags at the Luggage Lounge in SB and spend the day there - sightseeing, people watching, shopping, lunch, etc. Collect your bags and head to MIA in the afternoon - the Airport Flyer bus will get you to MIA airport for about $3 each. ;)

I just did Miami in a day. We did a boat tour from the Bayside Market. Then went to Wynwood to check out the murals, Went to Little Havana and had lunch at Versailles. Then headed to South Beach. Spent the rest of the evening down there.

I just did Miami in a day. We did a boat tour from the Bayside Market. Then went to Wynwood to check out the murals, Went to Little Havana and had lunch at Versailles. Then headed to South Beach. Spent the rest of the evening down there.

This is pretty much exactly what I would recommend for a single day visit in Miami.

This sounds exactly like what we have in mind to do. Did you rent a car or taxi/Uber everywhere or some other method?

What did you do with your luggage?