Car seats required to take a taxi at Cozumel?

seeseen

They don't care about your child's safety. We travel with a lightweight car seat, it was only $39 at Walmart, cosco Scenera. I've also heard good things about Safety 1st Guide 65. We've done 2 cruises with a car seat, if a cab doesn't have seat belts out, we just catch the next one, no biggie. Have a great trip!

The choice is ultimately yours....but we traveled to cozumel on our last cruise and had no problem using our carseat in the cabs. I wouldnt drive my child unrestrained at home...so I definitely wouldn't let a stranger drive him unrestrained in a country I'm not familiar with.

They don't care about your child's safety. We travel with a lightweight car seat, it was only $39 at Walmart, cosco Scenera. I've also heard good things about Safety 1st Guide 65. We've done 2 cruises with a car seat, if a cab doesn't have seat belts out, we just catch the next one, no biggie. Have a great trip!

This is the car seat I bought as well. In my research, I found there are some bus-type shuttles at some ports where a car seat can't be used, but it would end up costing more to do those excursions and shuttles (especially to/from airport) than buy the car seat and take taxis. Plus it's pretty limiting. DH isn't excited about the idea of lugging the car seat around the beach, but honestly I don't think it's a big deal. I'm thinking of getting a carrier with straps like a backpack.

Edited by wampuscat7

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older post but I'll be in Cozumel on Friday and want to use car seats in a taxi. I'm sure I may be one of the only ones who does this, but it's important to me. Was it hard to find taxis with seat belts? Will I need a locking clip? I have a scenera next and a booster to use.

The choice is ultimately yours....but we traveled to cozumel on our last cruise and had no problem using our carseat in the cabs. I wouldnt drive my child unrestrained at home...so I definitely wouldn't let a stranger drive him unrestrained in a country I'm not familiar with.

See my post above, was it hard to find taxis with seat belts?

This won't work for babies or toddlers, but for kids old enough for boosters, this is great. It's an inflatable booster. Deflates and rolls up when not in use. https://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Inflatable-Booster-Black-Silver/dp/B00AQYZCXK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467836670&sr=8-1&keywords=bubble+bum&refinements=p_89%3ABubbleBum So great for travel!

This won't work for babies or toddlers, but for kids old enough for boosters, this is great. It's an inflatable booster. Deflates and rolls up when not in use. https://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Inflatable-Booster-Black-Silver/dp/B00AQYZCXK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467836670&sr=8-1&keywords=bubble+bum&refinements=p_89%3ABubbleBum So great for travel!

Yes, that is what we have for our oldest!

Just bought 2 for my kids, but they are booster age.

• 3 months later...

My dd was an infant when we went to MX. We brought our own and it made for something to rock her in when she wasn't falling asleep.

We asked the cab co if they had seats and they ended up bringing a forward facing one for us. Now that would be okay but my wife insisted we had our own.

What do you do with the car seat once you get where you are going??? Lug it with you???

I was thinking the same thing. We're about to cruise in two weeks and we're already going to be bringing a lightweight collapsible stroller with us but if we were to bring her convertible car seat, that thing is heavy and there's no way it's going to fit under the stroller or convince anyone in our group to carry it! She's 2 so more than a booster seat is needed.