Cunard can be dangerous

AZNative2000

Our first Cunard cruise is over. We were on board the beautiful Queen Victoria for a terribly short 7 nights from Rome to Barcelona starting 22 October.

Via a free double upgrade and a special promo when we booked, we traveled in Queen’s Grill with gratuities and drinks (under $12) included. Oh, my goodness! We have never, in 11 cruises, seen anything close! This was a real eye-opener.

The dangerous part? The bank account WILL suffer. :):)

It made us realize just what we’d been missing on other lines. And prompted us to book two more Cunard cruises while on board.

The worst part? … Unfortunately, we now have to wait 11 months before we get to go again. ;)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Our first Cunard cruise is over. We were on board the beautiful Queen Victoria for a terribly short 7 nights from Rome to Barcelona starting 22 October.

Via a free double upgrade and a special promo when we booked, we traveled in Queen’s Grill with gratuities and drinks (under $12) included. Oh, my goodness! We have never, in 11 cruises, seen anything close! This was a real eye-opener.

It made us realize just what we’d been missing on other lines. And prompted us to book two more Cunard cruises while on board.

The worst part? … Unfortunately, we now have to wait 11 months before we get to go again. ;)

Cheers!

I think that's a danger we all can live with! Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Cheers!

Thank you so much for writing this!! We are booked QG on 1/3 QM2 and I was beginning to get a little anxious. We have always traveled on Crystal and this is a much bigger ship, but the speakers and the planetarium and the real ocean liner and a real 'crossing' and etc., etc. sort of won us over. I feel so much better. Is coffee included or is that extra? Just wondering. Thanks again. Janet

Yes-- the CUNARD cruise addiction is very severe. I don't believe there is any cure, or treatment for it. Once we are hooked, we are slaves, For Life.

Mine started with 1/2 of the W/C on the QE this past March >> May.

Then I did b2b T/A on the QM2 which ended just a week ago.

~~and on 1/16/17 I shall board QV in FLA. for 53 days, ending in Sydney.

I'm too old to get a job on any of them, so I shall have to continue to pay them to drag me along. Sad, huh ?

Thank you so much for writing this!! We are booked QG on 1/3 QM2 and I was beginning to get a little anxious. We have always traveled on Crystal and this is a much bigger ship, but the speakers and the planetarium and the real ocean liner and a real 'crossing' and etc., etc. sort of won us over. I feel so much better. Is coffee included or is that extra? Just wondering. Thanks again. Janet

Janet, the drink package included ANY drinks priced at $12 and under. And there were plenty ... Soda, bottled water, wine, coffees, and all the spirits. :)

We are booked for the QM2 in QG next fall (another special package) and are like you, very much, looking forward to being on board a true ocean liner for all the reasons you mentioned. :)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

The Queens are very special even if you are not cruising in the Grills. Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Indeed that is true. From time to time we read comments that: "once you have travelled in the Grills nothing else will do." Being a realistic person I find that is not the case.

We have been honoured to have received upgrades to Princess Grill and the following year to Queen's Grill. Following that, we had a few more crossings in the Grills at sharply reduced fares - and once, for a special crossing, we paid the full PG fare.

We have travelled in all four restaurant categories on the QM2. Obviously we liked QG the best, but no matter what size of stateroom we have or where we have dined we have thoroughly enjoyed our voyages on Cunard Queens. Our next two voyages are booked in Britannia and we are looking forward to them and consider ourselves lucky to be able to travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers!

I always think the same thing. We travelled in Britannia and were blown away. We hope and plan to go again. It's worth the wait.

The Queens are very special even if you are not cruising in the Grills. Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

We had relatives who travelled many times on the QE2 and we were warned that Cunard had slipped in quality after being bought by Carnival (though it also wouldn't exist anymore without Carnival so it's a double-edged sword). We were still blown away by the quality and we were in Britannia. It's quite a marvelous experience. If it was that good when we went, the service must have been nearly flawless when my relatives travelled.

Edited by Loveboat1995