Cabins

jayne39

Can anyone tell me the difference between a HC cabin and a HB cabin on Brittannia

The HC cabins are on A deck which is higher and most of their balconies are shaded by the lido deck above. The front 7 on each side don't appear to be shaded so they might be OK

My sister in law has been given a HB on E deck so don't know why this is a better cabin than HC on A deck

Is it more of a mid ships cabin. Rule of thumb is the more mid ships you are, the prices the cabins are.

Next is the higher you are the more expensive.

Maybe pando thought midshipman was better than higher..nobody knows how upgrades are worked out.

My sister in law has been given a HB on E deck so don't know why this is a better cabin than HC on A deck

Depends really where her original cabin was. Might have been noisy from the deck above...or there could be some other reason. Did she chose a cabin originally or did she book a saver?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a HC cabin and a HB cabin on Brittannia

Purely price, all 6 grades of basic balcony cabins are identical in size and quality, only cabins on the stern provide more balcony space.

The general rule is to choose a deck with cabins above and below, to avoid noise issues.

Midship cabins are supposedly more stable, as indeed are cabins on lower decks which roll less than nigher decks.

There are always some cabins on every deck which have noise issues, perhaps being next to a crew access area, or noisy extractor fans from the engine room. Only help from very knowledgeable TA's is likely to answer even half these issues.

HC cabins on A deck forward of the fwd stairwell and lift lobby, have the least overhang from lido deck above and starboard side have cabins above, most of the others aft of these are more shady than any other decks.

Hope this helps.

Edited by terrierjohn

Another quandary is the reclassification of grades valid from a set date. If you look at the deck plans on the official website there are rare occasions where a reclassification is due to take place. You may find that an HB grade cabin will become an HA cabin after a set date. Is it better to book such an HB cabin before the changeover thus doing a clever deal and should one be miffed if the HA grade cabin you have booked be regarded as an HB cabin in the cruise following the one you are doing?

Realistically, as people have already indicated; it's all about comparative price but more important is the the price you pay. That is more about who you booked with. I would pay a premium for some of the lesser grades as they are just what I like but the cruise line thinks they are not the best e.g. Grand Class, Lido Balconies, I think they are brilliant but they are classified lower grade within cabin type.

Regards John

Edited by john watson