Amsterdam Hotel

nikel

This message is for Ine or anyone else who would have the info.

I am looking to book a hotel for 2 nights mid October and so many sites have no availability. Is there something going on in Amsterdam at that time ?.

Can you recommend a hotel in the vicinity of Le Coin and in similar price range. I do not need one that serves breakfast as the day of checkout we will be leaving the hotel at 6 am and the other day we can grab something on the way to sightsee.

Thank you

I am looking to book a hotel for 2 nights mid October and so many sites have no availability. Is there something going on in Amsterdam at that time ?.

Can you recommend a hotel in the vicinity of Le Coin and in similar price range. I do not need one that serves breakfast as the day of checkout we will be leaving the hotel at 6 am and the other day we can grab something on the way to sightsee.

Thank you

During fall indeed many conventions take place, that might be the reason that many hotels are booked. Also in that case unfortunately prices go up too.

Did you try sites like hotels. com or booking. com? It can be a help to find suitable hotels in your price range or section of Amsterdam. You donot need to book through them (but often they have a good price), after finding one you can check the hotelwebsite too of course.

During fall indeed many conventions take place, that might be the reason that many hotels are booked. Also in that case unfortunately prices go up too.

Did you try sites like hotels. com or booking. com? It can be a help to find suitable hotels in your price range or section of Amsterdam. You donot need to book through them (but often they have a good price), after finding one you can check the hotelwebsite too of course.

Yes, I have been checking those sights for the past 2 days. I have been able to find prices like the Toren (which is more than I am paying for my airfare from Canada). That is out of my range !

Does it make any sense to stay near the airport and take the train in ? Where would be the most sensible. Since I only have two days, I don't want to waste it travelling.

Thank you

Of course you can stay at the airport, there are frequent trains. But apart from those extra costs you also loose time traveling up and down.

I thin staying in town is better, also remember Amsterdam is very compact, so any hotel between Centraal Station and Rembrandtplein/Muntplein etc is walking distance. Public transport is excellent.

I am about to go on a cruise myself, and will be back around Christmas. So I donot have that muich time at the moment, more once I am back.

But check one of these hotels:

http://www.inntelhotelsamsterdamcentre.nl/

http://www.accorhotels.com/nl/hotel-1556-ibis-amsterdam-centre/index.shtml

http://www.thebridgehotel.nl/nl/

http://www.ibis.com/nl/hotel-9137-ibis-styles-amsterdam-centraal-station/index.shtml

http://www.hotelbrouwer.nl/hoteleng.html

I hope this helps

Movenpick is close enough to central Amsterdam & there is a tram nearby

Better than booking at the airport IMO

buy the tram pass worth the $

I would book a refundable hotel in your budget then keep checking in the New Year

you could try Priceline also

We have gotten Barbizon Palace & Movenpick for under $100 USD

Edited by LHT28

Thank you

I think the problem may be that you are attempting to book 10 months ahead - October of 2017. Many of the sites you are checking don't show availability this far out. A few years ago, I used Priceline's NYOP and scored the Movenpick at under $95 per night! Beautiful spacious rooms, great views over the IJ. I didn't mind being next to the cruise port because, across the street from the hotel, there is tram #26 which takes you to Central Station in a just a few minutes. I started checking the prices about 6 months prior to our intended stay in AMS. I have stayed at other AMS hotels as well but the Movenpick was the best bargain I have ever scored for a 5 day stay.

Edited by dogs4fun

I think the problem may be that you are attempting to book 10 months ahead - October of 2017. Many of the sites you are checking don't show availability this far out.

I think you are right on the time frame factor

Had the same problem for Venice they do not show online until about 6 mths out

I think the problem may be that you are attempting to book 10 months ahead - October of 2017. Many of the sites you are checking don't show availability this far out. A few years ago, I used Priceline's NYOP and scored the Movenpick at under $95 per night! Beautiful spacious rooms, great views over the IJ. I didn't mind being next to the cruise port because, across the street from the hotel, there is tram #26 which takes you to Central Station in a just a few minutes. I started checking the prices about 6 months prior to our intended stay in AMS. I have stayed at other AMS hotels as well but the Movenpick was the best bargain I have ever scored for a 5 day stay.

Actually I emailed some of the hotels directly and they were booked solid for that time frame. I am beginning to think there is some type of large convention going on at that times.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. After many searches, I was able to get something at the INK Hotel. It has a #25 rating on TripAdvisor and in a good location for us, The price is quite a bit higher that we wanted to pay, but will look again in about 6 months.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. After many searches, I was able to get something at the INK Hotel. It has a #25 rating on TripAdvisor and in a good location for us, The price is quite a bit higher that we wanted to pay, but will look again in about 6 months.

Our daughter stayed there recently and highly rated the hotel.

They were upgraded to a mini suite which, of course, made their week long stay much more comfortable.

Enjoy your stay.

Edited by orchestrapal

Our daughter stayed there recently and highly rated the hotel.

They were upgraded to a mini suite which, of course, made their week long stay much more comfortable.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks, nice to hear this. I would love an upgrade.:D