What are the differentiating factors between the Millennium, Solstice, and Xped class

CruisingUS

I did a quick search here, on the website, and on wikipedia and couldn't find out what the differences are between these different classes. I assume the Solstice and Xpedition boats have more features?

Could someone please provide some details to help me to understand. TY in advance

Solstice class ships are bigger than Millennium class, which is bigger than the Xpedition class.

Here's a link to Celebrity's web site, if you click on each ship you will get info on the size, when placed in service, etc. It also has deck plans for each ship that will show some of the differences.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships

Hope this helps.

Main diff is the size and pass capacity of the ships.

Expeditation Has a 100 hundred pax capacity so as to be able to obtain permits to sail into protected areas. Nothing like a mass market cruise experience.

The activities are the same on Millennium and Solstice class ships. The Solstice ships have more bars and the Millennium has a thalassotherapy pool. The other difference is on Solstice all Veranda, Conciege and Aqua cabins are the same size and you have the Lawn. On Millenium the Veranda cabins are about 20 sq feet smaller. On the Silhouette and Reflection you also have the Lawn Club Grill. On Solstice, Eclipse and Equinox you have the hot glass show. The Oceanview Cafe (buffet) is laid out differently but for the most part the food is the same. The Millenium class has more wood decor and an old world feel. The Solstice has more open spaces and a modern feel. We like both of them and usually choose based on itinerary.

We have sailed mostly on the S-class ships but just returned from a week in Alaska aboard the Millennium. The Millennium is older (2000 I think) than any of the S-class ships and in our opinion it shows. Our favorite feature on the S-class ships is the atrium and the light it brings into most all levels of the ship. We missed this on the Millennium and thought it was a much darker ship overall. We also missed the different dining options. We love Lawn Club and like Murano which the Millie doesn't have. We also missed the World Class Bar. We might, because of a specific itinerary, book an M-class again but given the choice will stick with the S ships.

We have looked into the Galapagos on the Expedition and like others have said it is a much, much smaller ship and the cabins don't appear to be as nice as either M or S-class ships. Because of it's size I doubt there are many options for dining, entertainment, etc. but then you don't cruise to the Galapagos for the nightlife aboard the ship!

We have sailed mostly on the S-class ships but just returned from a week in Alaska aboard the Millennium. The Millennium is older (2000 I think) than any of the S-class ships and in our opinion it shows. Our favorite feature on the S-class ships is the atrium and the light it brings into most all levels of the ship. We missed this on the Millennium and thought it was a much darker ship overall. We also missed the different dining options. We love Lawn Club and like Murano which the Millie doesn't have. We also missed the World Class Bar. We might, because of a specific itinerary, book an M-class again but given the choice will stick with the S ships.

We have looked into the Galapagos on the Expedition and like others have said it is a much, much smaller ship and the cabins don't appear to be as nice as either M or S-class ships. Because of it's size I doubt there are many options for dining, entertainment, etc. but then you don't cruise to the Galapagos for the nightlife aboard the ship!

Xpedition also sources her food from Ecuador and the choices can be interesting. The South American wines are wonderful, though. There is an outside buffet that was open for continental breakfast and lunch, while the dining room was open for B,L,D. One open seating for dinner, although we stumbled into a great group on the first night and ended up with a reserved table for the duration. Entertainment consisted of game shows and crew singing for us (and one karaoke night) after dinner. Most of us were in bed and lights out before 10:00. There are two new boats (can't bring myself to call them ships at 16 and 48 passengers) joining Xpedition in the Galapagos, too.

Does the Xped have a doctor on board in case if someone has a cardiac event?

If this is your main concern, and given the itinerary of the cruise, I recommend that you call Celebrity with your questions. If the general numbers cannot provide you with your answers there is a Special Needs Department that you can call.

If this is your main concern, and given the itinerary of the cruise, I recommend that you call Celebrity with your questions. If the general numbers cannot provide you with your answers there is a Special Needs Department that you can call.

Naw I was just wondering