Stability and vibration near stern (rear) of Solstice?

I am looking at a cabin among the last 15 on Deck 6 of the Solstice. I've never sailed so far back in the rear of any cruise ship and also only once on an S-class. I recall that M-class ships had vibration problems that were very annoying in these rear cabins, but is this the case on Solstice?

And, of course, how much rocking is there that far back?

Thanks in advance!

. I recall that M-class ships had vibration problems that were very annoying in these rear cabins, but is this the case on Solstice?

Not that I have noticed.

And' date=' of course, how much rocking is there that far back?[/quote']

Well, that is completely dependent on how large the swells are. :)

I am looking at a cabin among the last 15 on Deck 6 of the Solstice. ...

I had a Sunset Verandah cabin, aft-facing on Equinox (S-class) on Deck 6, and we experienced a lot of vibration when the ship pulled into ports and the azipod (propellers) were working hard.. Vibration was enough to wake us up; ship typically docked around 6-7AM on our cruise.

I just sailed in an aft facing cabin on deck 9 on the Solstice a couple of months ago. I noticed absolutely no vibrations ... zip, zero, zilch .. on that cruise. I have sailed in that location on other ships as well and did notice a lot of vibration and movement .... so it's not like I am immune to it. It might somewhat have something to do with the itinerary, too, but in Alaska, I felt nothing on the Solstice.

We've had three aft (SV) cabins on the Eclipse, all on deck 8. We've experienced some very minor vibrations and on a couple of occasions something quite a bit stronger. Enough to wake us, but nothing unpleasant or long lasting, and most certainly not at every port.

Unless you are highly sensitive to vibration, I wouldn't place this at all high on my list of factors to consider when choosing a cabin.

Thanks, Fouremco, but when I last checked the cabin was gone.

I found another cabin, not as great, but is has a connecting door to the next cabin. I'm wondering whether that's a noise problem.

Connecting doors are in the outside vestibule on S class ships, except Reflection, so no inside cabin door to cause noise disruption.

My wife and I are on Solstice right now (7/19/2017), and the vibration in the aft section (from the aft elevators to almost the end of the ship) is on all decks, and is unending. We feel it in the stateroom (deck 10), the main dining room (deck 3), the aft bars (deck 5), the buffet (deck 14) and the specialty restaurants (deck 5). It continues even when the ship is docked. We mentioned it to one supervising crew member who initially said he didn't feel it, but we asked him to sit down, and then he admitted that he felt it. Most likely an engine, but it's bouncing the back of the boat. Makes sleeping difficult. Not happy.

We where on the Eclipse July 2-16 2017 and the shaking was horrible from the Aft elevators back. It didn't matter what deck. We thought it was worst in the MDR. We where very glad our cabin was mid ship. Very little movement mid ship.

Sounds like an S-class problem, Dairydawg.

Sorry to hear about it, but I'm booked just a bit past the aft elevator and there I'll stay. Thanks for your comment.

They had that vibration as far back as the Century class ships. It is caused by the thrusters when they are turned on during docking and departing. Never heard anyone say it is constant. My thoughts when we had it was that it was not a problem in the evening as we were usually dining. The morning was another issue as often it would wake you up real early. On Century the whole cabin shook for about 15 minutes. , I will see how it is in Sept on the Equinox.

Don,

Thanks for your comment. My worst shipboard noise problem was on the old Regal Princess on the otherwise fantastic Tahiti to Sydney route. We hadn't realized that the bow cabin was right next to the anchor chain room until that first morning when the ship dropped anchor and every link shook the cabin walls!:(

Had an balcony cabin on deck 10 about 3/4 of the way back on Solstice in June and felt nothing. Likewise in the MDR. However, both times I stopped in the Oceanview for a snack, I noticed vibrations there, to the point where it was making me a little queasy as I ate.

They had that vibration as far back as the Century class ships. It is caused by the thrusters when they are turned on during docking and departing. Never heard anyone say it is constant. My thoughts when we had it was that it was not a problem in the evening as we were usually dining. The morning was another issue as often it would wake you up real early. On Century the whole cabin shook for about 15 minutes. , I will see how it is in Sept on the Equinox.

We had it on the Reflection last year and while it was not constant it was at times severe, and often continued while we were it port. It was very disturbing - at times I could not sleep. In the future I will always consider this issue when considering a cabin aft of the elevators. I can understand when docking or just starting up, but that level of vibration is completely unacceptable.