Belfast tours?

I have recently booked with City and Causeway tour company. Not only do they respond quickly to any e-mails, they actually call you on the phone to discuss what type of tour you want. They do not require any money down and that alone is great. Also trip advisor gives great reviews to this company. We will be taking our tour in a couple of months

Anybody know of good tour operators in Belfast?

There is a HoHo bus if you want to see just around Belfast itself, which is a beautiful city. https://belfastcitysightseeing.com/. It also offers free hotel pick ups at some hotels.

The Titanic museum at the Dockyard is well worth seeing. There are so many beautiful places just outside Belfast though too. It just depends how much time you have in Northern Ireland. Giants Causeway on the North Coast is very dramatic scenery and worth the trip.

I love Northern Ireland.:)

We used Odyssey Coach and spent a full day with our driver ...Giants Causeway, Rope Bridge, Antrim Coast and Belfast city tour including the area of The Troubles...highly recommend this company as we had no problems with them in August 2013.

A second vote for City & Causeway Tours! We used them last August and I couldn't recommend them more highly. Their small vehicles can drive the coastal route, which is so very worth it. Your entire day will be custom-designed to your order, peppered liberally with their great suggestions. Stevie was our guide and we spoke on the phone and via e-mail with Alister.

When we arrived home, they had sent us some very nice stock photos via e-mail of the places we'd been, to supplement our own photos.

• 3 months later...

We just booked with Gerald at Belfast Attractions, their website is http://www.belfastattractions.co.uk. We booked the Giants Causeway tour for our Belfast cruise stop in July 2015. Our decision to book with them was based on very positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We were impressed with how quickly they responded to our enquiries, and how quick and easy the booking process is. We're looking forward to a great tour next year, and writing our review when we get back.

If you can get a really small tour company that uses MPVs rather than coaches, there's a chance you might get to do the Torr Road on the way to the Causeway - absolutely unforgettable - knocks the Giant's Causeway into the ha'penny place, but not do-able on a big coach. Probably not for those of a nervous disposition either.

We used Odyssey Coach and spent a full day with our driver ...Giants Causeway, Rope Bridge, Antrim Coast and Belfast city tour including the area of The Troubles...highly recommend this company as we had no problems with them in August 2013.

We had the exact opposite experience with Odyssey Coach this season. A member of our roll call arranged for a 16 person van to take a group to Giants Causeway, city tour of Belfast and Titantic Museum. Everything that she thought she arranged for was completely ignored by the organizer.

But worse than all of that, the van itself was too small for the number of seats resulting in no leg/knee room for the passengers. Also, the a/c didn't work well and after 2.5 straight hours in the van (very poor logistical planning) everyone was achy, hot, and irritable. To add insult to injury, when we arrived at our last stop, Titantic Museum, the pre-purchased admission tickets that we had arranged for were not yet purchased. So we wasted valuable time waiting for the tickets to be bought.

If there is another tour company available, I would say go with them over Odyssey Coach.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Ruby Princess (August of 2014) and had a private tour from Odyssey Tours for our group of 15 Cruise Critic friends. Our driver/guide was Kevin. He was not at all helpful or informative. The speakers did not work in the bus and no one could hear what he was saying. He spoke in a monotone and each sentence would get progressively quieter. We heard NOTHING for the entire 8 hours. The van was dirty and in disrepair!!! The passenger sliding door did not work well. He never got out to open it for us, but the passengers in the front seat with him would need to jump out and open it. He smoked constantly and was the WORST tour guide I have ever experienced. I would never travel with Odyssey.....try another company.

• 4 months later...
I have recently booked with City and Causeway tour company. Not only do they respond quickly to any e-mails, they actually call you on the phone to discuss what type of tour you want. They do not require any money down and that alone is great. Also trip advisor gives great reviews to this company. We will be taking our tour in a couple of months

We are thinking of using City and Causeway tour company next summer. How did your tour go?

We are thinking of using City and Causeway tour company next summer. How did your tour go?

I'd like to hear more about City and Causeway, too. They sound very good. Are their tours private, ie super expensive? Or are they small group tours, and more affordable?

I sent a message to them yesterday and Ian called me last night! I wasn't able to answer when he called but he left a vm that he will try again this evening. I just wondered if I need to prepare myself for really high rates.

I can HIGHLY recommend Odyssey Tours. We visited Belfast 2 years ago on a cruise and I organized a private tour to Giants Causeway. I researched several companies and after several emails to Jim Monaghan about a tour to Giants Causeway and other places I booked this tour. I ended up with 27 fellow cruisers that wanted to join the tour. I had to keep emailing Jim to tell him I needed a bus and he accommodated us. We worked out an itinerary and agreed to meet at 7 am on the dock so we could get an early start. Jim gave us a fantastic price as well. We traveled the coast road to Giants Causeway and had plenty of time to visit there. We went to the Carrick Rope Swing and spent some time there for those that wanted to take the plunge on the ropes. We stopped for a lovely lunch in a nice town that our bus driver, Tommy, recommended. He dropped us off and told us where to find the bus. We had plenty of time for a nice leisurely lunch. We made a couple of other stops on the way back to port. We had a wonderful day in Belfast, Tommy was a fantastic and accommodating driver, and always told me what the driving plans would be. He even sang a farewell song (Frank Sinatra's Do It My Way) to us as he dropped us off at the port. We had an absolutely wonderful day in Belfast w/ Odyssey Tours as our tour guide.

Partymaker, It is too bad that you did not have a good experience on your cruise. Did you contact Jim Monaghan and let him know about your day and how unhappy you were? If you didn't, then he wouldn't know about your unhappy tour and be able to rectify it for the next cruisers. As the other 2 posters have indicated, your unhappy tour was not what we experienced.