Nativeway Rays, Reef, and Rum Point question

Cmx3d

Greetings, I booked this tour in April for our stop on the Freedom in Grand Cayman but noticing a compass from the Freedom on the current Western route, it states first tender leaves at 830 am to the island and last one leaves the island at 3:15.

My email confirmation from Nativeway says we leave the pier at 915 am and return at 230 pm Eastern Daylight Savings time.

So that leaves 45 minutes to get back on the ship. I'm wondering if you have also had this excursion if you had to "sweat" it out getting on a tender to make it back to the ship. Any excursions I've ever had independently of the cruise lines offerings I've usually had over an hour to spare.

I guess I'm just worried about making it back in time and it could be all for nothing but wanted to see how it worked out for everyone else.

We have done the tour with them and had no problems. They may also be on a different time so make sure you check that out.

I have a complete review of our day there with them in my signature line with pictures if you are interested. :)

We just did this tour again last week:) Your cruise line will most likely have you turn your clocks back an hour while you are there. Enjoy it, it is a great time:D

Edited by lubyshell

We just did this tour last week and were back in plenty of time. I think we caught the tender about 45 minutes before the last tender was scheduled. (our tender 2:30pm and last tender was 3:15pm) On our cruise we were on CST so we did not need to worry about island time vs. ship time.

They have been running this tour for years and years and will get you back on time. Don't worry about it.

On another note:

This tour is AWESOME!!!!!!! Do it!!!

I am considering this tour for our cruise next year but I am confused by the reviews I have read. Some seem to say they went to/fro Rum Point by boat where as others seem to have been dropped off and picked up by a car.

If you have done this tour, which was it and how long did you actually have at Rum Point?

We did this tour in October 2014 and if I recall correctly, I think it's only about an hour at Rum Point. Hour and a half tops. Each tour is kind of customized and they let you spend as much or as little time in each place as the group wants.

Excellent company. The guides were friendly and conversational.

I am considering this tour for our cruise next year but I am confused by the reviews I have read. Some seem to say they went to/fro Rum Point by boat where as others seem to have been dropped off and picked up by a car.

If you have done this tour, which was it and how long did you actually have at Rum Point?

The excursion to the sandbar to swim with the stingrays (rays, reef and Rum Point)...you are picked up at port by vehicle and taken to the place where you get on a boat and then you go out to the sandbar (in the middle of the ocean) where the stingrays are for the swim. There's a reef near by, which is the "reef" part. Then they take you on over to Rum Point, which is the name of the area and a part of Grand Cayman. So you travel using car, boat and then back again.

Others that don't do the excursion involving the stingrays are probably just driving over to Rum Point, which is why you are seeing them just mention that part. :)

At least for the Rays, Reef, Rum Point Tour

Bus from the port to the dock where the Native Way boats are at - Boat to snorkeling, stingray city/sandbar, and Rum Point - Boat from Rum Point back to dock - then bus back to port

You eat lunch at Rum Point. After we finished eating we had 1:25 minutes to do what we wanted at Rum Point.

Edited by NightOne

• 2 weeks later...
We just did this tour again last week:) Your cruise line will most likely have you turn your clocks back an hour while you are there. Enjoy it, it is a great time:D

I am considering this tour and can't find any confirmation about the ship turning their clocks back 1 hour. We're you on RCI out of FL or the east coast?

just used nativeway 4/2 and had a great time. Would def use them again. They got use back around 2 which gave us time to shop alittle before the last tender back which was 3 15 for us. though people were getting tenders back right up until we left at 4.