1st NCL Getaway cruise in 1 week :)

radiojeff

My GF and I are traveling without the kids on the Getaway on 7/10. We have a Large Balcony room...Any tips or advice? Is Vibe worth it? Anything will be greatly appreciated! Very excited for our 1st cruise on Getaway!!!!!

Enjoy the ship and Her staff.

Lots of places to be in the sun without the cost.

Check out all the artwork on Deck 8- like being in Key West, Florida Art Museum.

Just the Freestyle daily each evening (delivered to your cabin) for the next days activities and see what if anything you want to do.

Relax and enjoy

Love The Getaway and Her staff. Can not wait to be back in December.

Unless you're dying for the fruit skewers, I'd just skip Vibe and hang out at Spice H20. During the day, it's an adults only sun deck, and they have a couple of hot tubs plus a full bar. If you get hungry, Garden Cafe is right below you, or the Cuban inspired place is right above you.

My GF and I are traveling without the kids on the Getaway on 7/10. We have a Large Balcony room...Any tips or advice? Is Vibe worth it? Anything will be greatly appreciated! Very excited for our 1st cruise on Getaway!!!!!

Vibe is very worth the $99......see my video

Note that the above video is of Vibe on Escape, and Vibe on Getaway is different.

Don't miss Million Dollar Quartet. It's my favorite show ever at sea, and I'm going to see it again in Vegas in a couple months. It was that good. Burn The Floor is also outstanding in the main theater.

Also, Howl at The Moon is always a good time.

Try to eat in Tropicana Room MDR when the Burn The Floor dancers are there doing a mini-show.

I loved hanging out in Spice H2O!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If its just the 2 of you and you have the UDP, get the vibe pass. It is so totally worth it. Otherwise you'll have to deal with the mayhem that is the pool deck. Just look at any other reviews about vibe and that should tell you something. It took my cruise from fair to excellent in June. I won't sail without the pass on NCL from now on.

Also, I think the Mojito bar has the best drinks on the ship. But that's just imo.

Edited by cscurlock

I agree with some of the other comments about Spice H2O, it was always a good place to relax and it never seemed overcrowded except during the nightly parties.

The waterfront on Deck 8 is always surprisingly empty, my girlfriend and I would do laps around and stop at the mojito bar and then sit on the couches . Shout out to our favorite bartender, I Komang, he's very friendly and easy to talk to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums