Which mainstream cruise line do you prefer?

DavyB

Outside of all gay cruises, which cruise line do you prefer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Outside of all gay cruises, which cruise line do you prefer?

• Carnival
    • Celebrity
    • Cunard
    • Disney
    • Norwegian
    • Royal Caribbean
    • Other

My favorite for many years have been a Cunard transatlantic, but lately hubby and I have been branching out. We tried a west coast Princess cruise and it wasn't a good fit for us (we had a very good time and overall like more things than we disliked and would try them again) and we're trying HAL next (yes, we've already found some family on board) on Prinsendam, HAL's smallest ship with around 800 passengers total.

QM2 has always had a large gay contingent on transatlantics, and we've met some wonderful fellow pax -- but it's a big world out there and many lines to try.

We started out trying Crystal and Regent, but found that we were too young (in our 30s) and felt really out of place and bored. So then we went the NCL route and didn't like all the cigarette smoke, bad food and questionable clientele. So when we came across Celebrity, we realized they were a perfect fit - modern ships, good food, nice crew, like-minded fellow passengers. We started booking strictly with Celebrity and now are at Elite Plus status. Walking onboard always feels like coming home. We tried Azamara last year and also really loved it - smaller ships, no formal night, overnight port stays, unique ports and excellent service. So we now alternate between the two lines.

Michael & Omar

My favorite for many years have been a Cunard transatlantic, but lately hubby and I have been branching out. We tried a west coast Princess cruise and it wasn't a good fit for us (we had a very good time and overall like more things than we disliked and would try them again) and we're trying HAL next (yes, we've already found some family on board) on Prinsendam, HAL's smallest ship with around 800 passengers total.

QM2 has always had a large gay contingent on transatlantics, and we've met some wonderful fellow pax -- but it's a big world out there and many lines to try.

I've yet to try Cunard but it's definitely in my future. I also haven't been on a transatlantic but feel that most of them across the board are populated a large gay contingent.

We started out trying Crystal and Regent, but found that we were too young (in our 30s) and felt really out of place and bored. So then we went the NCL route and didn't like all the cigarette smoke, bad food and questionable clientele. So when we came across Celebrity, we realized they were a perfect fit - modern ships, good food, nice crew, like-minded fellow passengers. We started booking strictly with Celebrity and now are at Elite Plus status. Walking onboard always feels like coming home. We tried Azamara last year and also really loved it - smaller ships, no formal night, overnight port stays, unique ports and excellent service. So we now alternate between the two lines.

Michael & Omar

Celebrity has always had a nice product. They were the first cruise line I cruised back in 1994 when I was acting straight. ;-) My favorite class ship is the Solstice Class. Absolutely beautiful ships, with great guests, and delicious food.

I've yet to try Azamara. I like the larger ships but I know I'll end up breaking down and trying the smaller ships eventually. When I do, Azamara is at the top of my list.

Our 3 favorite lines are HAL, Celebrity and Princess. We bounce between the 3 Our least favorite is NCL. We felt we had to dine every evening in a sur-charge restaurant to get what's comparable to the MDR on our "top 3" (both for the food AND the service). Also, we think the overall fit and finish of their ships are not as nice as our "top 3", either.

I am not fixated on a preferable cruise line. I am more interested in the itinerary and date that suits. Though I was impressed with Celebrity in december and because friends we made on that cruise have booked another we are seriously considering joining them.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not fixated on a preferable cruise line. I am more interested in the itinerary and date that suits. Though I was impressed with Celebrity in december and because friends we made on that cruise have booked another we are seriously considering joining them.

We always have had great experiences on Carnival. They are our first choice as indicated by my signature. Still friends with people I met in 2010 and 2013 on cruises.

Outside of all gay cruises, which cruise line do you prefer to cruise?

Carnival

Celebrity

Carnival

Disney

Norwegian

Royal Caribbean

Other

Our favorite was always Cunard. Great LGBT get togethers. Just the formality of the line(if you love Carnival/NCL) I doubt you'd take well to Cunard. I usually can't take time off from April-Dec.(our busy catering season)Cunard does far less trips to the Caribbean now,so we've done a few 14 day trips on Celebrity Eclipse. Great food & good excusions. The downside is the LGBT meetings are usually at the Molecular bar & are disorganized. The line(which is very gay friendly) could do a lot more in this dept. That being said we don't cruise for the "meetings" and have had a great time. We're foodies & NCL is not a choice for us as the MDR food is pretty sketchy. We met a nice couple in Jan. on the Eclipse. Their next cruise was immediatly after the Eclipse. We saw them, heading to the NCL Breakaway. When E-mailing back & forth, we found they absolutely hated it. Too bad. Food was bad(except in specialty rest.) & it felt like being in a mall with a ship built around it. That's the reason we would never do a RCCL trip on the "Oasis" class ships. We like the attention to detail & quieter ambience.