Xpress Passes

Philandher

hi we have had the same problem with our cruise 20th august - we pestered azamara and also our uk travel agent.Both blaming each other but it turns out that our final payment hadnt been made by the ta to azamara. ta insisted it was azamaras fault because their records show az hadnt claimed the payment. as soon as that payment was made then everything was available - xpress passes and then a short time later any e docs and luggage label requests. hope that helps - believe others have had similar problems in the uk.

hi we have had the same problem with our cruise 20th august - we pestered azamara and also our uk travel agent.Both blaming each other but it turns out that our final payment hadnt been made by the ta to azamara. ta insisted it was azamaras fault because their records show az hadnt claimed the payment. as soon as that payment was made then everything was available - xpress passes and then a short time later any e docs and luggage label requests. hope that helps - believe others have had similar problems in the uk.

That is horrible. I would get a new TA as soon as possible Part of their job to earn their commission is to track your payments and know when they are due to the cruise line. You are very fortunate that Azamara did not cancel your reservation when the final payment was not made. That happened to us, and we got a new TA immediately.

In the US bookings are automatically cancelled if the required deposit is not made in time. As it relates to final payment, the agency is sent an electronic message ( either email or fax, depending on the option that the agency specified in its profile with Azamara ) advising that the final payment has not been made. It is up to the agency to react to this warning and make the payment.

Thanks everybody, we'll get straight on to the frozen house.

I hope you manage to get the problems resolved.

I'm also booked with the 'frozen house' and the day after my final payment was made to them, I was able to print out my Express Passes. Incidentally, I don't sail until October.

Have a great cruise!

think this is a problem between azamara in miami or guatemala or wherever they are and the uk - we booked with different ta from glasgow !! but the same problem - think at the moment az are not requesting the payments correctly from the uk travel agents = yet another example of chaos since they moved everything to guatemala -

If this had happened to me I would certainly be changing travel agents, after all you could have lost you cruise had Azamara decided to cancel due to non payment. Because my Derbyshire based cruise agent pays Azamara directly I am able to use a credit card with out any additional charges and the amount appears on my credit card statement as a payment to Celebrity Cruises.

Yes When is your cruise. They are only available about 45 days or less before your cruise.

I was able to print my Xpress pass the other day for the first leg of our cruise, and at that time, we were 55 days out but I did receive a message when I tried the second leg of our cruise. Guess that was another little detail I'd forgotten about. :confused:

• 1 month later...

New to this process.... is there only 1 xpress pass per cabin? So, 1 xpress pass for the 2 of us? Or should there be 1 xpress pass per person? And if so, how do I go about getting the 2nd? Both our names are on the 1 I've printed.

I was able to print multiple luggage tags (sail date October 27th)

New to this process.... is there only 1 xpress pass per cabin? So, 1 xpress pass for the 2 of us? Or should there be 1 xpress pass per person? And if so, how do I go about getting the 2nd? Both our names are on the 1 I've printed.

I was able to print multiple luggage tags (sail date October 27th)

You'll only need that one Xpress pass for the two of you. As far as luggage tags, they will mail you tags with a sticky back on them but you'll have to request them. You simply peel them off the paper they come on and attach them to your suitcases.

Travel Bug,

If you booked through a travel agent have them do it for you. Otherwise when your E docs are ready, you'll notice a tab that says order luggage tags and you click on that. I didn't realize earlier those E docs won't be ready until 30 days before you sail.

I had my TA order my tags.

If you don't have them, the ship will put them on. I'm kind of a stickler about that since they did put a tag on one of our bags (one fell off) but they wrote the wrong cabin number on it. We didn't get that bag until late that evening.

I did my online check-in and express passes on the weekend and my cruise is not until the beginning of November. Odd since it was like 55 days out and not the 45!

Someone on CC told me 30 day prior....makes me go hmmmmmmm. My first one was printed 55 days out as well, but not my e-docs. Guess I really only need the Xpress pass....won't worry about the e-docs.

Edited by midwestchick