Emergency Drill & B2B

tinker 4

No one is exempted from any of the drills. You are booked on two individual cruises and are required to be at each drill. They have become even stricter since the Concordia. NCL has always been pretty firm about attending the drills, but now if you miss your muster station they will track you down.

No one is exempted from any of the drills. You are booked on two individual cruises and are required to be at each drill. They have become even stricter since the Concordia. NCL has always been pretty firm about attending the drills, but now if you miss your muster station they will track you down.

That's not necessarily right. If you change staterooms that's the case. If not, it is not always the case that you have to go to both. As previously said, it's up to Security.

That's not necessarily right. If you change staterooms that's the case. If not, it is not always the case that you have to go to both. As previously said, it's up to Security.

I have read other posts where folks on a back to back on other lines have been exempted from attending the second muster drill, but I wonder if things have changed since the Concordia tragedy. Seems that any reinforcement gained by attending both drills might prove valuable and I'm not sure what is gained, except for several minutes of free time, by skipping the second drill.

I have read other posts where folks on a back to back on other lines have been exempted from attending the second muster drill, but I wonder if things have changed since the Concordia tragedy. Seems that any reinforcement gained by attending both drills might prove valuable and I'm not sure what is gained, except for several minutes of free time, by skipping the second drill.

The Costa Concordia accident has changed a lot of things, some you as a passenger will see and others you will not. There have been 2 rounds of new regulations now and I would not be surprised to see more in the near future. There have been some changes to the muster drill regulations made public, and I would bet that there were "in house" changes made also.

We turned up at the 2nd drill on the Pearl and we were told we could go back to our cabin. We do not mind the drills at all, and wonder why folks do not pay more attention instead of talking through the whole thing.

the rule actually requires second drills on longer cruises. I would suspect that given the current atmosphere after the Concordia that you will have to do it again...

We are going on a 17 day cruise next April through the Panama Canal. Will we have to go through multiple muster drills while on this cruise? DH and I don't mind the drills at all and are surprised the cruise lines don't have "surprise" muster station drills on sea days.

We are going on a 17 day cruise next April through the Panama Canal. Will we have to go through multiple muster drills while on this cruise? DH and I don't mind the drills at all and are surprised the cruise lines don't have "surprise" muster station drills on sea days.

The solas rule is once every 7 days,but I am not sure if its enforced. It may be merely a reminder of what the rules are(over the loudspeaker). Its more than likely that the 17 day is broken into more than one cruise even though its sold as one to some people and they will do it again at the beginning of each segment.

Its somewhat easier now that they no longer require you to carry the life vests...and most cruise lines are doing it inside. What they have learned is that given what happens its better to launch a lifeboat when full than people going to an assigned one and waiting for everyone to show up or where a life boat becomes unserviceable.

http://www.imo.org/OurWork/Safety/Regulations/Documents/TITANIC.pdf

Your totally wrong! We have done well over a dozen b2b cruises and booked either as b2b or as 1 reservation we have never ever had to do the drill the 2nd leg no matter how it has been booked.

This is also including our past cruise of Jan 2012

Your totally wrong! We have done well over a dozen b2b cruises and booked either as b2b or as 1 reservation we have never ever had to do the drill the 2nd leg no matter how it has been booked.

This is also including our past cruise of Jan 2012

I guess you didn't read the other multiple posts from other cruisers that state the same thing. They all state the same as I said, you do both drills. Try to make you text a little larger, it's easier to read.:p

I guess your a lucky person. My individual experience is different than yours.

The best information posted in this thread is, go to both, it can't hurt.:D

Well I'm telling you its wrong and we were even questioned in one of the earlier b2b as to why were we here or you didn't have to be here, something to that effect

You also get dozens of replies to food issues from folks on the same cruise and the list goes on!

We have even done 21 day cruises made up of 14 day Panama repo and two mexican R. and only did the drill once.

So I suggest to those that are contemplating b2b or a 14 day or more under one resy to clear it with your muster attendant at the first drill.

I guess you didn't read the other multiple posts from other cruisers that state the same thing. They all state the same as I said, you do both drills. Try to make you text a little larger, it's easier to read.:p

I guess your a lucky person. My individual experience is different than yours.

The best information posted in this thread is, go to both, it can't hurt.:D

...and my individual experience is different than yours. So I guess there are no absolutes even if some want to think there are. ;)

John

Did a B2B on the Sky a few years ago..had to go to muster twice.

There is a difference between had to, assuming you had to, being told you had to.

We have never had to nor have we ever been questioned for not going to the second drill.

While on the Dawn B2B w/ my son, we went to the second drill (we had the same stateroom) and was told we didn't have to attend if we didn't want to, BUT.............we hung around just the same. Everything is closed due to the drill, so not much to do while the drill is taking place anyways. You will also avoid the question by every crew member you pass......."where is your muster station"????????? It's 10 - 15 minutes of your time.make the best of it, and you never know, you might pick up some info that you may have missed along the way that could potentially be life saving. Better safe than sorry........Enjoy your time on the ship. !!

Archived