What time to get to port?

We are leaving on the Carnival Legend this coming Sunday!!!! I booked FTTF. How early do you think we should/can get to port and get on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless there is some sort of delay, boarding usually starts somewhere between 10:30 - 11:00. Since you've purchased the FTTF, and obviously want to take full advantage of it, I would suggest being at the port between 10:00 - 10:15. Once boarding starts, it will be wedding parties first, followed by Diamond / Platinum cruisers, and those with special needs. Then FTTF. To get on board as soon as possible when FTTF is called, skip the photographer that will be taking pictures prior to boarding, unless you want the photo as a souvenir.;)

This is the first time we've ever done FTTF. Will it be clearly marked about where to go, what to do? I'd hate to wait in line just to find out that I should have skipped it somewhere 😉

Show your FTTF pass to the 1st Carnival rep that you encounter and theywill direct you to the appropriate line.

Although there isn't a lounge for the FTTF cruisers like there is for Diamond / Platinum cruisers, you may be directed to a specific seating area for FTTF cruisers. Once boarding begins, just listen for the announcement for FTTF cruisers to board. Your boarding pass will have the FTTF logo on it, and it will be collected from you by a Carnival rep. as you are heading towards the ship, just like the numbered boarding zone passes.

Unless there is some sort of delay, boarding usually starts somewhere between 10:30 - 11:00. Since you've purchased the FTTF, and obviously want to take full advantage of it, I would suggest being at the port between 10:00 - 10:15. Once boarding starts, it will be wedding parties first, followed by Diamond / Platinum cruisers, and those with special needs. Then FTTF. To get on board as soon as possible when FTTF is called, skip the photographer that will be taking pictures prior to boarding, unless you want the photo as a souvenir.;)

Exactly.

And be aware if you think you are being directed to the wrong line.

A few times I have been pointed to the wrong line.

You will go through security with the platinum folk.

I have FTTF for Fantasy in ten days. I don't have a pass... Is this something I should have downloaded?

ETA: thank you! I never ever print my luggage tags- it's my silent protest against make-your-own arts and crafts luggage tags. I always grab a few when we arrive and write the cabin numbers in. That would have been a major fail this time. Just printed them out with the lovely F2F on them.

Edited by Seago2

I just purchased fttf. should i be receiving a new conformation email. I purchased it on Saturday and haven't received anything yet

You just need to reprint your boarding pass and luggage tags. They should now say F2F and/or Priority.

Sorry, but what is fttf?

Faster To The Food :p

It's Faster To The Fun, a $50 per cabin "shore excursion" that allows you priority boarding, both at embarkation and during any tendering that may happen on your cruise. You will find it under the shore excursions section of "manage my booking" on Carnival.com. There is a limited number of FTTF passes available, although if it's unavailable for your cruise it could be because it's not offered at your port of embarkation or because it's sold out. If it's sold out, keep checking because new passes sometimes become available.

I have FTTF for Fantasy in ten days. I don't have a pass... Is this something I should have downloaded?

ETA: thank you! I never ever print my luggage tags- it's my silent protest against make-your-own arts and crafts luggage tags. I always grab a few when we arrive and write the cabin numbers in. That would have been a major fail this time. Just printed them out with the lovely F2F on them.

The FTTF logo will be on your cruise documents and luggage tags when you print them off. Your boarding pass with the FTTF logo will be given to you when you check in at the port. Although I don't think it's as much of a problem as it used to be, when you get to the port and give your bags to the porter, make sure you let him know that you have priority boarding and he will put orange "Priority" tags on your bags. Some porters don't always notice the FTTF logos that are on the tags you print off.

Edited by beachbum53

Faster To The Food :p

It's Faster To The Fun, a $50 per cabin "shore excursion" that allows you priority boarding, both at embarkation and during any tendering that may happen on your cruise. You will find it under the shore excursions section of "manage my booking" on Carnival.com. There is a limited number of FTTF passes available, although if it's unavailable for your cruise it could be because it's not offered at your port of embarkation or because it's sold out. If it's sold out, keep checking because new passes sometimes become available.

Thank you

We are leaving on the Carnival Legend this coming Sunday!!!! I booked FTTF. How early do you think we should/can get to port and get on?

If you want to minimize your wait time, I would get there about 2:55pm.