Miami Hotels

labatsman

I have been reading all about the Miami Hotels here on Cruise Critic but I have seen nothing written about the JW Marriot hotel in downtown Miami.

I won this hotel on Priceline can you please share your thoughts about this hotel.

Thank you

We stayed there and I loved it! You have to valet park and it was not easy getting there. Traffic was a nightmare. But once we parked we were able to walk everywhere. The hotel is gorgerous and staff amazing.

TVs in bathroom mirros

3_zpsdd4455e8.jpg

View from our room

2_zpsdaae30cb.jpg

Panoramic from room

1_zpsc39f099d.jpg

I have been reading all about the Miami Hotels here on Cruise Critic but I have seen nothing written about the JW Marriot hotel in downtown Miami.

I won this hotel on Priceline can you please share your thoughts about this hotel.

Thank you

Thats awesome, we haven't stayed there either but will probably try the Priceline thing too closer to when we cruise in 2016. Do you mind me asking what bid won it for future reference?

Leah

Thats awesome, we haven't stayed there either but will probably try the Priceline thing too closer to when we cruise in 2016. Do you mind me asking what bid won it for future reference?

Leah

Hi Leah

I am sorry but I just noticed that I put Priceline but it was actually Hotwire Secret Sale they had a 4 1/2 star downtown Miami up to $532 for $207 Cdn dollars you had to book it first to see what hotel you got. When I called to speak to someone I found out you could get it for $162 US plus taxes. We love they area that this hotel is in.. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Bricknell last year.

Leah

In October we got it Priceline for $150. I tried this time for April and can't get anything that level for $150. Most of the hotels seem to be around $100 higher. Spring break I'm guessing. :( I still have no idea where I am going to stay. It's hard coughing up $150 for a 3 star after staying in the

In October we got it Priceline for $150. I tried this time for April and can't get anything that level for $150. Most of the hotels seem to be around $100 higher. Spring break I'm guessing. :( I still have no idea where I am going to stay. It's hard coughing up $150 for a 3 star after staying in the

Wow, that is a good rate for October....not so good for the spring! We are travelling in October so hopefully prices will be decent - a long ways to wait but I like to do lots of research so that I am ready when the time comes!!! Thanks!

Hi Leah

I am sorry but I just noticed that I put Priceline but it was actually Hotwire Secret Sale they had a 4 1/2 star downtown Miami up to $532 for $207 Cdn dollars you had to book it first to see what hotel you got. When I called to speak to someone I found out you could get it for $162 US plus taxes. We love they area that this hotel is in.. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Bricknell last year.

Thank you! I will keep an eye on Hotwire as well when we get closer to the date. We definitely want to stay in the area, we stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay last time and we loved the Bayside Marketplace, so I really want to take my daughter there this time (just daughter and I travelling). Thanks for writing!

Leah

Thank you

GREAT price you rec'd......but are you referring to the Marriott Marquis? or the JW Marriott? as they are two diff hotels...

We stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis and although it was "nice" the room felt cramped, price was REALLY high....and not much within walking distance for us.

Good things were the free breakfast and happy hour treats....(we paid for concierge level) view was amazing...and not too much of a taxi trip to the POM. Food was great - although even late night.....clean and quiet..

We are leaving out of POM again in a month or so and are looking at something different....with more within walking options.

Look on last minute travel. I just checked a few weekends in April and it was $170 on there.

GREAT price you rec'd......but are you referring to the Marriott Marquis? or the JW Marriott? as they are two diff hotels...

We stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis and although it was "nice" the room felt cramped, price was REALLY high....and not much within walking distance for us.

Good things were the free breakfast and happy hour treats....(we paid for concierge level) view was amazing...and not too much of a taxi trip to the POM. Food was great - although even late night.....clean and quiet..

We are leaving out of POM again in a month or so and are looking at something different....with more within walking options.

Hi chloemoney I am referring to he JW Marriott I like the area we stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bricknell last april

Hi chloemoney I am referring to he JW Marriott I like the area we stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bricknell last april

The photos I uploaded above are the JW Marriott Marquis in downtown, not the Brickell one. Just to clarify. Bayside is within walking distance to it so I am confused about the post above.

ETA, I printed the map. We stayed at the Marquis #1, not the #3

1111_zpsd5f8d510.jpg

For myself in April, I ended up getting the Intercontinental for $170 which is a decent price. Although the parking is $39 which is nuts. I don't think I'm going to like it as much as the JW Marriott Marquis :( but it does have really good reviews so I am hopeful. Plus I can tell everyone I stayed at the hotel with the dancing lady on it lol

Edited by Mirrasi

I just checked on Last Minute Travel club, to join tghe club is free. The inetrcontinental is $136 as opposed the hotel web site of $250. for april 4-6 This is a great hotel at a great price. taxi ride to the port is $10