Paassports

Luckybones

When will i need to have my family's passports?

I assume when we get off the ship and back on at each port.

Or are the key cards all we need?

We are on a 11 Day Southern Caribbean (St Thomas, St Kitts, St. Lucia, Curacao, Aruba)

Edited by Luckybones

Depends where you are travelling to. Some ports ask for them, others just photo ID and some not at all and those days keep them in the safe.

You are about to get so many different answers and individual points of view, some will tell you to take them off everywhere and some will say always leave them locked in your safe.

We follow the instructions at each port, it tells you in the cruise paper if they are needed or not.

E.g. if you are in st petersburg and Vencie you must carry it, in St Thomas you need photo id to get back into the ship area through security and in some ports only the cruise card is needed.

Been to all the ports you mentioned, and my passport remained in the safe aboard ship. We carry a picture quality copy of our passports on heavy photo paper equal to the size of the original and our key cards and have never had an issue going through port security.;)

Most ports only need the cruise card but some want ID too. I'm not really sure why anyone would (purposely) travel without ID (adults) so it isn't an issue for most. I usually bring my passport or passport card with me when I leave the ship but a paper photocopy of it is just as good. You would really only need that if you get stranded or have to fly back to the states before the cruise ends.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Most ports only need the cruise card but some want ID too. I'm not really sure why anyone would (purposely) travel without ID (adults) so it isn't an issue for most. I usually bring my passport or passport card with me when I leave the ship but a paper photocopy of it is just as good. You would really only need that if you get stranded or have to fly back to the states before the cruise ends.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

A paper photocopy is not just as good. While some port authorities might let you use one to get back into the port area that doesn't mean that it is an official ID. Your last sentence seems to suggest that you could use the photocopy to fly with (you would of course need the original), but since that's not the case you probably aren't really suggesting that. All a photocopy does is give someone a false sense of security.

Check the Freestyle Daily every day. They will tell you what forms of ID you will need at each port. Usually it is key card and a photo ID but there are exceptions.

You will of course need them when you disembark.