Anyone order a passport recently?

poobears

Just wondering what the turn around time is right now. Last time I heard it was around 9 days or so. Is it still running that quick? We sail in a few weeks, the girls passports expired and I know they don't need them but might go ahead and renew them if they will probably be in before we leave. Not concerned enough about it to pay to expedite them. They'll just sail on their BC and ID.

Just wondering what the turn around time is right now. Last time I heard it was around 9 days or so. Is it still running that quick? We sail in a few weeks, the girls passports expired and I know they don't need them but might go ahead and renew them if they will probably be in before we leave. Not concerned enough about it to pay to expedite them. They'll just sail on their BC and ID.

You should receive them in ample time. DH received his within a week. Mine was delayed because I forgot to sign the application using my middle initial:rolleyes:. Everything else was the same and they returned it to me for the correction :rolleyes::eek:. Even with the delays, I received it within three weeks.

Awesome we will get them ordered in the next couple of days then. We still have a little over three weeks before we go so hopefully they will be back in time. Mine expires next year, might go ahead and renew it too just to get it out of the way.

I just looked at the expiration date on mine and it expires the week before our April cruise so Dh and I will definitely need to renew ours too. Guess we'll make it a family event lol

Sounds like there should be no problem getting them back before we go. Now if the rest of the government could be so efficient :)

Edited by poobears

We did our sons in July and I'm not kidding I thought it would take 8 weeks but literally days turn around! I felt bad for the folks in front of us who spent an additional 100$ per person for expedited when there is literally no way they got it any earlier than my son did. I was stunned.

I just looked at the expiration date on mine and it expires the week before our April cruise so Dh and I will definitely need to renew ours too. Guess we'll make it a family event lol

Sounds like there should be no problem getting them back before we go. Now if the rest of the government could be so efficient :)

For renewal - we got our pics taken at AAA (free for members). I know CVS drug stores with photo departments also do them for a fee.

We filled out the forms for the passport on line and printed them out - and signed them :).

We sent it all thru the mail with receipt requested.

Easy Peasy :)

I am curious. How were you able to book your cruise without them questioning the expiration date on your passport. They ask for that date when you book. Not being critical, just curious as to why they didn't question it.

My DH and I renewed ours the end of August and it came in approximately 10 days. Real quick. We ordered new ones for my 4 yr old and 10 yr old and they came in 2 wks. We were very surprised by the quick turn around. If it matters we had ours processed out of the Philadelphia branch.

I am curious. How were you able to book your cruise without them questioning the expiration date on your passport. They ask for that date when you book. Not being critical, just curious as to why they didn't question it.

I've never had my passport expiration date questioned when booking. That is handled at check-in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

For renewal - we got our pics taken at AAA (free for members). I know CVS drug stores with photo departments also do them for a fee.

We filled out the forms for the passport on line and printed them out - and signed them :).

We sent it all thru the mail with receipt requested.

Easy Peasy :)

If using CVS becareful, if the size of your head isn't big enough the State Department will reject it. My husband got his picture done at the local CVS and the picture had his head was too small. Thankfully because we decided to get our kids passports we had to go to the local Passport application acceptance location (County seat), the clerk looked our our application as well and noticed his picture was too small. Fortunately she was able to take the pic for us.

I just renewed my children's. My son's arrived exactly 2 weeks from the day we had our appointment with the post office but we are still waiting for my daughter's passport. His came on Thursday and it is now Monday night so I am thinking it should come any day. We sail on Saturday but if it doesn't come we will just bring her expired one and her birth certificate.

I mailed mine off Saturday Sept 24th. Paid for expedited services because I was afraid how long it would take. I received it back Oct 1st. Expedited Service said 2-3 weeks. Mine was 1. So if regular says 4-6 weeks I would assume 2-3? Maybe 4. (Wish I would have saved that extra $60)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got mine recently in 14 days. I took my teenage daughter last Thursday to get hers and did not expedite it. We went to a rural post office in our county ( they are less busy and take walk-ins) and they took our picture there for additional $15 which I felt was worth it as they now how to get the correct headshot. I hope to get hers back around the 13th or in two weeks. We sail on the 25th.

Thanks for the information. Although ours don't expire until March, too many places require six months or more left on the passport, so I guess we'd better get it done.

So, you can do it online--that is, print out the forms?

We had our photo taken at Walgreens last time, which worked perfectly.