Mr Sancos or Nachi CoCom

kayjay76

Hi all,

Sanchos or Nachi... Anyone ever been to both or one? Trying to decide on an all inclusive spot. 40 year olds in our group and looking for at least 15 or more of our group going.

I'm really liking the idea of Nachi because of it limiting the amount of guests to 120. But also don't want it to be "too" quiet if that makes sense. Is this a relaxing yet fun spot to spend the day with adults?

tyty!!!

Nachi is very relaxing and quiet - no music, no water toys - just sand, good drinks, great food and good service. Perfect for lounging, reading, swimming and napping.

Sanchos is more lively, with multiple pools on the AI side, water toys and other distracting facilities, music, etc.

When we cruise with my 20 something daughters we go to Sanchos; when it is just the wife and I we go to Nachi.

Cab fare should be the same for each.

Your call.

To be honest we are in our early 50's and enjoy rest and relaxation also. However we enjoy some music and activities to just observe sometimes. I feel like the AI at Mr. Sanchos provides this as most of the small children aren't on that side. But it just depends on what you are looking for on your port day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both good in their own way.

We prefer Nachi Cocom over Sanchos for many reasons. One reason is, Nachi only allow 130 people in there. Mr Sanchos has been capping out at 700 people a lot lately. Twice last week since there were 4+ ships in port.

Second reason, Nachi Cocom gives you a lot of space and they don't crowd the beach with chairs or put inflatables in the water (eye sore to me) so you get a great view while sitting under your palapa. More privacy. Mr Sanchos crowds the beach with chairs.

One more reason, we enjoy the food and drinks better at Nachi and we love the service. Always been great.

They just built a new beach bar and added lockers. They built a new shower and restrooms as well. The pool and pool bar is good and we like the rustic feel of the place. Nachi is a big winner for us.

Both good in their own way.

We prefer Nachi Cocom over Sanchos for many reasons. One reason is, Nachi only allow 130 people in there. Mr Sanchos has been capping out at 700 people a lot lately. Twice last week since there were 4+ ships in port.

Second reason, Nachi Cocom gives you a lot of space and they don't crowd the beach with chairs or put inflatables in the water (eye sore to me) so you get a great view while sitting under your palapa. More privacy. Mr Sanchos crowds the beach with chairs.

One more reason, we enjoy the food and drinks better at Nachi and we love the service. Always been great.

They just built a new beach bar and added lockers. They built a new shower and restrooms as well. The pool and pool bar is good and we like the rustic feel of the place. Nachi is a big winner for us.

What is your source for total number of people at Mr Sanchos and how do you know the maximum was reached twice in one week?

Is that total a combined total of AI and PAYG, meaning 300 AI and 400 PAYG? There has been talk recently of Mr Sanchos wanting to go all AI. If your figures are correct, 400 people in the one small PAYG pool seems very crowded, or have they increased the AI number since they built the new pool?

What is your source for total number of people at Mr Sanchos and how do you know the maximum was reached twice in one week?

Is that total a combined total of AI and PAYG, meaning 300 AI and 400 PAYG? There has been talk recently of Mr Sanchos wanting to go all AI. If your figures are correct, 400 people in the one small PAYG pool seems very crowded, or have they increased the AI number since they built the new pool?

From actual people who cruised and were booked there or from people who tried to go there but was closed off due to capacity. 700 is their cap. No idea how they come up with that number or why they set that number. That is a question for Mr Sanchos.

From actual people who cruised and were booked there or from people who tried to go there but was closed off due to capacity. 700 is their cap. No idea how they come up with that number or why they set that number. That is a question for Mr Sanchos.

I am glad to hear they are adhering to a limit which they can hopefully handle. I remember a lot if complaints last year regarding poor service and crowding during the spring break period.

what does the cab fare run to Mr. Sanchos and or Nachi-Cocom? we are a group of 8 so I'm trying to find excursions that are the most cost effective.

thanks for any help!

J

what does the cab fare run to Mr. Sanchos and or Nachi-Cocom? we are a group of 8 so I'm trying to find excursions that are the most cost effective.

thanks for any help!

J

Cab for 4 is about $17 each way -- if you can find a van-taxi big enough for all of you expect to pay $30+ each way.

Trying to decide between the 2 myself. I'll be traveling with my 2 younger daughters.

I'm leaning towards Sancho's.

Depending upon how young your daughters are you may want to consider Playa Mia - water toys, nice, beach, kiddie water park, etc. plus a variety of packages for food/drinks.

just made this decision for my may 18th sailing on the Triumph. We chose Nachi Cocom mainly because the cap of 130 people and with 3 ships in port the same day as us i know Mr Sanchos will be packed. I have never been but i hear the service and food is fantastic at Nachi.

Hi all,

Sanchos or Nachi... Anyone ever been to both or one? Trying to decide on an all inclusive spot. 40 year olds in our group and looking for at least 15 or more of our group going.

I'm really liking the idea of Nachi because of it limiting the amount of guests to 120. But also don't want it to be "too" quiet if that makes sense. Is this a relaxing yet fun spot to spend the day with adults?

tyty!!!

Have done both, hands down Mr. Sanchos. We were at Nachi this past March and were very disappointed with the place. Run down- food not nearly as good as Mr. Sanchos- and service poor. At Mr. Sanchos, you have a designated server who will bring you drinks, nachos and anything else you want- They also have in addition a buffet. The pool is beautiful with a swim up bar. They have nicer rest rooms and a nice spa. Will never go Nachi again.

Perhaps it was nice- but now run down. The beach was also full of seaweed and not like Mr. Sanchos as people kept the beach neat.

Depending upon how young your daughters are you may want to consider Playa Mia - water toys, nice, beach, kiddie water park, etc. plus a variety of packages for food/drinks.

Now I'm trying to decide between Chankanaab and Playa Mia.

Why is this so hard?lol

just made this decision for my may 18th sailing on the Triumph. We chose Nachi Cocom mainly because the cap of 130 people and with 3 ships in port the same day as us i know Mr Sanchos will be packed. I have never been but i hear the service and food is fantastic at Nachi.

3 ships is a light day for Cozumel.

You will be happy with Nachi - great food, drinks & service. Ignore the view of the parking lot when you arrive -- who cares? :confused:

Have done both, hands down Mr. Sanchos. We were at Nachi this past March and were very disappointed with the place. Run down- food not nearly as good as Mr. Sanchos- and service poor. At Mr. Sanchos, you have a designated server who will bring you drinks, nachos and anything else you want- They also have in addition a buffet. The pool is beautiful with a swim up bar. They have nicer rest rooms and a nice spa. Will never go Nachi again.

Perhaps it was nice- but now run down. The beach was also full of seaweed and not like Mr. Sanchos as people kept the beach neat.

Sorry you had a bad experience at Nachi. We've been to both and found the food/drinks/service to be good at both; we had a dedicated waiter at both places. You can see the water toys at Sanchos from the beach at Nachi - if one place has seaweed, both will have seaweed (along with every other beach club on that side of the island). If it is the wife and I we tend to choose Nachi - when my 20 something daughters cruise with us we tend to go to Sanchos mostly because it is a bit livelier.

Your call.

Sorry you had a bad experience at Nachi. We've been to both and found the food/drinks/service to be good at both; we had a dedicated waiter at both places. You can see the water toys at Sanchos from the beach at Nachi - if one place has seaweed, both will have seaweed (along with every other beach club on that side of the island). If it is the wife and I we tend to choose Nachi - when my 20 something daughters cruise with us we tend to go to Sanchos mostly because it is a bit livelier.

Your call.

Since Mr Sanchos was so great, and we also went first with family and all agess loved it, then alone, we figured like some that the smaller adult crowd at nachi would be a nice experience. We were incorrect. In addion to my previous issues, the place had many broken beach chairs and was just plain dirty. Things change.

Since Mr Sanchos was so great, and we also went first with family and all agess loved it, then alone, we figured like some that the smaller adult crowd at nachi would be a nice experience. We were incorrect. In addion to my previous issues, the place had many broken beach chairs and was just plain dirty. Things change.

dang you had a bad day. You should contact them, put your issues up on trip advisor. They seem to respond to trip advisor reviews, and take complaints seriously. These places all know they stay busy on the basis of good reviews. Lots of competition should keep them all pretty decent. Telling us about it won't do as much good as contacting them yourself.

I hear up and down about both lately. Starting to look at Paradise beach a lot more for our cruise in July.

No place is going to be perfect. Just go in with an open mind and don't expect a beach on Cozumel to look like a sandals resort commercial.

No place is going to be perfect. Just go in with an open mind and don't expect a beach on Cozumel to look like a sandals resort commercial.

I'm sorry. I meant Passion Island. My mind has been going in circles trying to pick an excursion.

Passion Island beach looks beautiful. Corona commercial filmed there.