Bottle of Wine by pool?

bahama_mama2015

Yes you can buy bottles of wine by the pool... I'm a wine drinker and after 2nd day on the Liberty lido waiter told me to buy a bottle of wine cause it was cheaper than buy the glass.. He served it in a ice bucket still got the plastic wine glass and what I didn't drink I took back to my room..:)

My idea of a perfect vacation is a bottle of wine, a comfy chair, just staring out into the ocean.

I have a big insulated mug with a lid. I fill with wine from the bottle in my cabin. Then you can ask for a plastic wine glass at any of the pool bars. Yes, its not that sophisticated, but it works. :)

And to be honest, I think it depends on where you sit. I ordered a bottle of white once up on the outside deck above the pool, and they brought me the bottle in a bucket of ice.

Carnival makes and changes rules all the time. If there are rules, they may or may not be enforced...so who knows?

BUT when I sailed the Triumph for 10 days Feb-Mar this year, I bought a couple of the wine packages (cruise the vineyard.) Although tickets read "valid in dining room or room service only," I used one every sea day for a bottle of sparkling wine at my same chaise by the pool. The bottle was glass, of course, but the goblets provided were plastic.

I'm sailing 21 days on the Dream in January and hope to do the same.

Carnival makes and changes rules all the time. If there are rules, they may or may not be enforced...so who knows?

BUT when I sailed the Triumph for 10 days Feb-Mar this year, I bought a couple of the wine packages (cruise the vineyard.) Although tickets read "valid in dining room or room service only," I used one every sea day for a bottle of sparkling wine at my same chaise by the pool. The bottle was glass, of course, but the goblets provided were plastic.

I'm sailing 21 days on the Dream in January and hope to do the same.

Yes! This is exactly what I want to do! I was looking into the Tour the Vineyard too! Thank you!

Yes! This is exactly what I want to do! I was looking into the Tour the Vineyard too! Thank you!

IF they don't let you, call for a bottle from your package via room service, then take it up to the pool. But it worked great for me and they kept ice in my bucket, too.

Use the discounted gift cards (Verizon, AARP and other sources) to fund your onboard folio for an extra 10% off.

So they emptied the wine bottle to put what else inside exactly? Another form of alcohol?

Liquor most likely. With the popularity of home wine making, it's pretty simple to obtain corks and wrappers. Brown liquor in a red-wine dark color bottle, white liquor in a white wine bottle. Easy way for non-wine drinkers to bring a fifth of liquor aboard at embarkation.

Edited by dd2355

A wine bottle is unlikely to break into slivers, like a glass would. If you're using a plastic drinking vessel, you're fine.

I was going to say this. It's pretty hard to break a wine bottle, so it's not a danger by the pool like wine glasses are.