Happy Dance

Just booked a big bucket list dream destination for me. I was planning on booking this cruise when I got on the Spirit next month. But an oz line TA had 4k cabins solo for $3911 and $450 obc. I asked to pay the normal deposit ($200) and final payment is end of June 15 rather than in 23 Feb 15 for $50 deposit.

Anyway, its the itininery that I love. Stops in:

Uturoa, Raiatea, French Polynesia

Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia (overnight)

Moorea, French Polynesia

Bora Bora, French Polynesia

Suva, Fiji

Noumea, New Caledonia

So this will tie in nicely as doing Princess Carribean TA from Southhampton 5 Sept to New York arrive 21 Sept so have a few days in NY or Honolulu to catch the ship home.

Just booked a big bucket list dream destination for me. I was planning on booking this cruise when I got on the Spirit next month. But an oz line TA had 4k cabins solo for $3911 and $450 obc. I asked to pay the normal deposit ($200) and final payment is end of June 15 rather than in 23 Feb 15 for $50 deposit.

Moorea, French Polynesia

Suva, Fiji

Noumea, New Caledonia

So this will tie in nicely as doing Princess Carribean TA from Southhampton 5 Sept to New York arrive 21 Sept so have a few days in NY or Honolulu to catch the ship home.

More information please.

What ship? From where to where? How many days?

More information please.

What ship? From where to where? How many days?

Sorry, in my excitement I forgotten the particulars :D

Ship Name: Carnival Legend Cruise Code: CG532N Departure Date: Friday, 25 September 2015 Cruise Name: Honolulu to Sydney Nights: 19 Departing: Honolulu (oahu), United States

Sorry, in my excitement I forgotten the particulars :D

Ship Name: Carnival Legend Cruise Code: CG532N Departure Date: Friday, 25 September 2015 Cruise Name: Honolulu to Sydney Nights: 19 Departing: Honolulu (oahu), United States

I can see why you are so excited. Sounds like a great cruise. Nice that dates align with your TA to NY.

Will this be Carnival Legend's inaugural cruise to Sydney?

Moorea, French Polynesia

Suva, Fiji

Noumea, New Caledonia

Done that one before

Absolutely lovely itinerary

Enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds wonderful, Sarah.

I'd love to do something like that one day. Will have to wait until DH retires though :(

I have to use a combination of LSL and leave to achieve though. I have to decide whether to have a couple days in NY or just get on a flight to LA overnight there at the airport and fly to Honolulu the next day and have a couple of days in Waikiki

I have to use a combination of LSL and leave to achieve though. I have to decide whether to have a couple days in NY or just get on a flight to LA overnight there at the airport and fly to Honolulu the next day and have a couple of days in Waikiki

I would prefer to be relaxing on Waikiki than wondering if there would be any problems with the flights from the Big Apple.;)

I thought only small ships could visit Raiatea, I did not think something like the Carnival Legend could go there.....

I dunno. That what the itinerary says arriving at 8 am leaving at 5 pm. I think I'm going to arrange a ship transfer to the airport to get a flight to LA. Its too early yet to start looking at flight schedules.

I thought only small ships could visit Raiatea, I did not think something like the Carnival Legend could go there.....

we stopped in Raiatea on the Hawaii cruise with the Dawn Princess cruise a couple of years ago

Yes, that's a great itinery. Did a very similar one on Rhapsody. No problem docking in Raiatea. Very disappointed when they changed the route, as we would definately have done it again.

Have a great cruise Sarah.:)

Nice cruise - and nice balcony cabin for that price.

Its not a balcony cabin. Its a cabin that has French doors, but the lifeboats are in front of them, but you get some natural light and you can open the doors to get some fresh air. That good enough for me. Balcony cabins are over 5K.

I dunno. That what the itinerary says arriving at 8 am leaving at 5 pm. I think I'm going to arrange a ship transfer to the airport to get a flight to LA. Its too early yet to start looking at flight schedules.

You might like to consider flying direct from NY to Hawaii, which would allow longer in Hawaii.

You might like to consider flying direct from NY to Hawaii, which would allow longer in Hawaii.

Its a 10 plus flight from New York. Looking at the schedule it appears the flights go in the morning so wouldn't work as probably need an afternoon flight out of NY.

Its just over five hours from LA.

Great cruise , great ports.

The port at Raiatea is Uturoa. Ships can dock there and it has a cruise terminal Hotel and shopping village on the dock. We booked a tour from the terminal that took us over to an idyllic island in the lagoon it shares with its neighbouring Island of Ta'ha.

Heres an aerial shot from Wiki showing a small luxury ship docked. You can see how long the dock is for the big cruise ships.

20j661z.jpg

Its a 10 plus flight from New York. Looking at the schedule it appears the flights go in the morning so wouldn't work as probably need an afternoon flight out of NY.

Its just over five hours from LA.

Before US security got over zealous, we used to stay in an airport hotel (with free shuttle), for a night or longer, whenever we passed through LA.

Now I do everything possible to avoid having to go through security at LAX, which is exhausting.

You might be able to get a suitable flight from NY via Dallas, which my daughters prefer. Don't forget there are three airports in NY.

Before US security got over zealous, we used to stay in an airport hotel (with free shuttle), for a night or longer, whenever we passed through LA.

Now I do everything possible to avoid having to go through security at LAX, which is exhausting.

You might be able to get a suitable flight from NY via Dallas, which my daughters prefer. Don't forget there are three airports in NY.

I haven't had any problems with LAX on both times I flown in 2012 and 2013. I stay at LAX airport hotel. Travel lodge. Free wifi, brekky and shuttle to and back. Works for me.

I checked on sky scanner under any NY airport. Only two options. Hawaiian Airlines and United for direct flights.

Edited by icat2000

Its not a balcony cabin. Its a cabin that has French doors, but the lifeboats are in front of them, but you get some natural light and you can open the doors to get some fresh air. That good enough for me. Balcony cabins are over 5K.

Yeah, not a full balcony, but given you can open full doors and look out, it's pretty similar to an obstructed balcony, and way more than an oceanview. Balcony is the closest match.

Great pick up Sarah, you are going to be very busy relaxing on that cruise. The ports are wonderful and it is a great way to get around the world following your Caribbean Princess cruise.:D

Yeap. Trying to limit the flying :D